It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senators Deny Agent Orange Benefits For Veterans.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The reason given? It will increase the deficit. If you bother to read the article, it declares the cost to be approximately 1.1 billion dollars. Less than 1/4 of what tRump wants for his vanity wall (which is also deficit spending).

As a veteran this chaps my behind. Leave it to republicans to deny benefits to those who were conscripted.

The lesson everyone should take away. Republicans only want you as long as you are economically viable.

Conscripted into service, poisoned by the government, hated by society, and now, disavowed by republican senators. What a sad sick country this has become.

Facts:www.stripes.com...

Further Reading: www.militarytimes.com...

mavenroundtable.io... cw/

edit on 29-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The reason given? It will increase the deficit. If you bother to read the article, it declares the cost to be approximately 1.1 billion dollars. Less than 1/4 of what tRump wants for his vanity wall (which is also deficit spending).

As a veteran this chaps my behind. Leave it to republicans to deny benefits to those who were conscripted.

The lesson everyone should take away. Republicans only want you as long as you are economically viable.

Conscripted into service, poisoned by the government, hated by society, and now, disavowed by republican senators. What a sad sick country this has become.

Facts:www.stripes.com...

Further Reading: www.militarytimes.com...

mavenroundtable.io... cw/

But we need the wall!!!! Otherwise, how will be safe!!!

Buncha hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Pretty disgusting the way they just throw us away. I had melfoquine in Africa (malaria drugs) and because I was not with the cdn military, but rather the South African military, I can't sue. However, to be honest, anybody who keeps RoundUp in their garage for 3 summers and 3 winters should get Agent Orange benefits.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Pretty disgusting the way they just throw us away. I had melfoquine in Africa (malaria drugs) and because I was not with the cdn military, but rather the South African military, I can't sue. However, to be honest, anybody who keeps RoundUp in their garage for 3 summers and 3 winters should get Agent Orange benefits.

Cheers - Dave

WHOA hold up man.
I've had round up in my garage through 2 house for about 5 years!
I think I will throw that now.
Can you please explain why though?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As long as you feel that another human has rule over you, you do not deserve #. I place no blame on the Gov, because they did, then told you they did, and you sat there whining. Nobody owe's you freedom or rights, it is inherently your's to begin with, and if you give it up, well that is your fault.

You are the profane, the Goyim. If you have no idea how natural law works or even the inclination to learn, then you deserve to be bound by chains. Nobody is holding anyone hostage. it is all in your head. Be free, or don't. Stop bitching.

You get tricked into a false war, then want the tricksters to somehow pay you back for your ignorance?
edit on 29-1-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm sure there are some abusing the system with this benefit, but most of the people are in poor health. I think if they want to make cuts, do some investigating and cut off those who shouldn't be on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well it seems a little weak in suggesting just being on a ship off the coast of Vietnam you should be "automatically assume"...And it went on to say the total cost would be 5.5 billion.

Veterans Affairs officials to automatically assume about 90,000 veterans who served in ships off the coast of Vietnam were exposed to Agent Orange for benefits purposes.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
As long as you feel that another human has rule over you, you do not deserve #. I place no blame on the Gov, because they did, then told you they did, and you sat there whining. Nobody owe's you freedom or rights, it is inherently your's to begin with, and if you give it up, well that is your fault.

You are the profane, the Goyim. If you have no idea how natural law works or even the inclination to learn, then you deserve to be bound by chains. Nobody is holding anyone hostage. it is all in your head. Be free, or don't. Stop bitching.

You get tricked into a false war, then want the tricksters to somehow pay you back for your ignorance?

Oy vey! Such chutzpah in this one.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

WHOA hold up man.
I've had round up in my garage through 2 house for about 5 years!
I think I will throw that now.
Can you please explain why though?

The hot cold cycling changes the chemical composition to something very close to agent orange. RoundUp is already a carcinogen, the temperature cycling makes it much worse.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My neighbor, a retired doctor and veitnam war medic. Tells me the chemical compositions are different. He uses it (glysophate) without fear. With that being said. It’s sad. It really is. I did my time as a test dummy. My older, brother in law, was a test subject for the first bird flu vaccine. My dad participated in the first nuclear testing as a Seabee in the pacific. He can be seen in some of the archival footage which is cool. But the fact that it killed him, not so cool. a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That’s always the gum up in the works isn’t it! . The worthless scumbags that take advantage. a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening

Oy vey! Such chutzpah in this one.

It's the honest to God truth. It is not my belief. I say that with %110 certainty.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

My neighbor, a retired doctor and veitnam war medic. Tells me the chemical compositions are different. He uses it (glysophate) without fear. With that being said. It’s sad. It really is. I did my time as a test dummy. My older, brother in law, was a test subject for the first bird flu vaccine. My dad participated in the first nuclear testing as a Seabee in the pacific. He can be seen in some of the archival footage which is cool. But the fact that it killed him, not so cool. a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Try freezing it and then bringing it to 75-100 F, 3 times over about a year. 2 months frozen, 2 months hot 3 times. Put it in freezer for 2 months and then trunk of car for 2 months in summer and repeat 3 times. Tell me what you think of it when your done and for God's sake, don't breath it in or get it on mucous membranes or your skin.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Opps, dbl post
edit on 1/29.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Had no idea about that.

Thanks for the information.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Had no idea about that.

Thanks for the information.

I won't have it my shed, my garage, anywhere near me. I've seen what that crap (cycled roundup) does, kills everything. It's bad enough we all have glyphosate in our systems now, no sense in further poking the bear.

Cheers - Dave

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is it wrong sure is, but to pretend its only a republican problem is pretty hypocritical, since the Democrats have had years and years to fix the screw job the vietnam vets got and they have done bupkus...

Sure wish people would finally realize the only thing different between republicans and democrats are whos palm got greased.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Always support the troops who suffered for the needs of freedom. We do expect to be treated for our afflictions from the battle fields of the world that I was lucky enough to not have in my years of service.

The whole lot of both sides of the aisles in Congress have been avoiding the discussion of Agent Orange since the start of the Veit Nam Conflict. Both parties are owned by the chemical companies making dangerous defoliants and insecticides. If it can kill a plant or animal, it can kill us too.

Treatment is needed but we who signed up knew we were to be cannon fodder. Valor says we don't sue for damages because we agreed to the consequences of accepting the oath.

Glysophate and Agent Orange are the type of chems that are allowed that are allowed to happen when the Government system has been taken over by Big Business as it seem to have done.
edit on 29-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A federal court has ruled the "Blue Water" vets are eligible for Agent Orange benefits. Previously it had been decided they had not proven they were exposed, had not been shown to be eligible as they were not where it was sprayed. Courts have previously said it is a matter for legislation. The decision could be appealed to SCOTUS if the government is so inclined.

A bill to extend benefits was unanimously passed in the House.
The vote was brought to the Senate floor seeking unanimous consent to expedite the bill, and it garnered two no votes. It could still be brought through the Senate with a regular vote, but if they did that then they couldn't (mis-)represent it as "Republican Senators deny benefits!"

ETA rationale behind Enzi's No vote:

On this bill, many of us have been made aware of the potential cost growth and the budgetary and operational pressures that would happen at the VA,” he said. “They’re having a lot of problems, anyway.”

Enzi said he wanted more details about how many veterans would be made eligible for benefits under the legislation and how much it would cost.

“There’s clearly more work to do just on figuring out the spending and administration of this and the deficit impacts this bill will have,” Enzi said on the Senate floor

As noted above in thread, cost estimates have been presented as being as high as $5+ billion by the VA.
edit on 29-1-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It really is always both parties even if one can crow about out voting a negative consequence. The idea is to fail and fail again. IF at 1st we are not broke, keep trying is their motto.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join