It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I know I'm 100% sure they landed on the moon...

Oh and JRA

WICKED AVATAR!!! I've never seen anyone use the Avero Arrow as an avatar! I love that plane, youre a true loyalist!

[edit on 20-4-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This thread is pure bogus. Or in the words of Shakespeare 54 pages "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"...

Anything no matter how ridiculous is conclusive proof the Moon Landings were real.

Anything no matter how solid is rejected sometimes with the flimsiest of rationalizations. Then it somehow is magically considered 'debunked' and closed to any real further discussion.

The really sad part is apparently anyone from the pro-NASA camp is allowed to what seems like just tee off and basically address them in a manner that comes off as pure contempt, the really hard part to understand is that some of the folks using this type attacks are moderators!

... your flogging a dead horse.

And the thread simply falls down in the standard that is expected and delivered... And what makes ATS a really great site.

Shoulda be closed a long time ago...

jra

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Anything no matter how solid is rejected sometimes with the flimsiest of rationalizations. Then it somehow is magically considered 'debunked' and closed to any real further discussion.

The really sad part is apparently anyone from the pro-NASA camp is allowed to what seems like just tee off and basically address them in a manner that comes off as pure contempt, the really hard part to understand is that some of the folks using this type attacks are moderators!

The "evidence" (and I use the term loosely) you and other hoax believers give is incredibly flimsy. It doesn't matter how many times you bring up the crosshair issue. You're going to get the same reply. It also gets really annoying going over these elementary issues again and again, so that's why some of us get frusterated. Especially when it was answered near the begining of this 54 page thread. If you want to get into real hard facts, then i'm all for it. Bring it on I say

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I can't help noticing golemina that you manage to write write a lot without actually bringing up any specific points.
This thread is about the Moon Landings and proof either way that we did or didn't go, not about your opinion of members, ATS, Moderators or anything else - if you have a problem then feel free to use the Suggestions button to make a complaint.
If you have no points to bring up (that haven't already been covered) then there is nothing to say I'm afraid and amongst other things you are creating the impression that you don't actually know anything about the subject matter.
As I've said before, if you can actually bring up some valid points then please, feel free to ask questions.. But don't keep trying to derail the thread just because you have a chip on your shoulder, your attack claims have little founding and trying to tell a member that has been having a discussion for the last page or so that they will be attacked, when they clearly haven't and know it, serves little than to cast you in a bad light.
Now either bring up valid points, or don't bother - no-one's interested in trolls around here and what you have been posting in this thread serves nothing other than to provoke a reaction.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think the thing that makes the "no moon landing" conspiracy theories the most aggravating to me is the total lack of critical thinking involved. They're definitely at the top of the list of the most insulting to the greatest number of people - no doubt about that - but they are also tremendously devoid of logical thought at how this could even be pulled off and still not admitted for over 40 years.

The cast of characters involved to dupe the Apollo missions and then claim you went to the moon and back would be in the hundreds to thousands. And not one of them has given up their little secret.

The insulting part is the literal mass piss it represents on the efforts of thousands of engineers, scientists, flight controllers and astronauts. And to be straight, this group of individuals whose efforts you want to casually declare for naught are not a bunch of jack-booted federal agents, politicians, or stealthy men in black. They are geeky guys with slide-rules who ate bad diets, worked too many hours, smoked too many cigarettes and got paid too little - all to be part of the most important events of their lives. This was their medal and their metal. The functions they filled in these achievements are what have been discussed in their eulogies...these were their lives. BUT - let's just deny they did all that for the sake of....

and here's where no one can actually fill in the blank. Sure, if you were going with Apollo 11 being some staged event to claim to get to the moon first to get the heat off from the Russians you might have some semblance of logic to the motivation, but the next 6 missions start making that whole argument look pretty psychotic.

I think a lot of the stupidity that must be deployed to accept the theory that all the Apollo missions to the moon were staged comes from a sheer lack of knowledge of how many people would have to be involved to pull it off. Even if you claim the MCC controllers were all victims of the lie, you'd have to have almost a 1 to 1 body count of simulating data senders in another room in order to pull off fooling an entire MCC room of flight controllers. And that would be 24/7 - so you can count on 2 to 3 shifts 1 to 1. That's a bunch of people to keep their mouths shut for over 40 years. Otherwise, you have to go with all the flight controllers being in on it - the geeky guys with the slide-rules - same number of liars - and none of them have talked.

Then you've got the camera crew - they didn't talk.

Then you've got the support crew at whatever desert location they were feeding these guys for the duration of the non-existent mission - they didn't talk.

Then you've got the transport crew that had to load the astronauts from the desert location and take them to some Pacific island location - they didn't talk.

And the transport crew to get the return module to the Pacific island location - they didn't talk.

And the rock-selecters and haulers who got all those moon rocks picked out and placed in the return module either before or after it went to the Pacific island location - they didn't talk.

And you've got the land crew to stuff the astronauts in the return module and ready them to fake their sea rescue - they didn't talk.

Then you've got the helicopter crew that had to lift the return module and drop it in the drink and leave the scene before the carrier got there - they didn't talk. You've either got to go with that one or go with multiple carriers' entire crews being in on faking the whole - I spotted them! - rescue event. Sailors always talk.

It truly is, IMHO, the most ludicrous conspiracy theory out there.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Not to mention there is not a shred of evidence to support the conspiracy theory.
Sure some people think they have evidence, but it can all be easily (or sometimes not so easily) explained. It might niggle some people but frankly it's down to either poor education or simply a lack of knowledge in what is a very complex area - nothing to be ashamed of however, not everyone is a space buff.
What people should be ashamed of though is the unwillingness to learn and the arrogance to think that science and facts don't apply to their argument because it's more than likely outside of their boundaries of knowledge and comprehension.
After over 50 pages which contain some pretty detailed scientific analysis (which is admittedly no where near as complex as some of the dedicated sites on the subject), to have people saying rather childishly 'it doesn't look right' or 'you're stupid if you think they went' is pathetic and exceedingly insulting.
There is nothing wrong with not understanding, not knowing or even not being interested, there's nothing wrong with even believing we didn't go (though after weighing up the evidence I do think it is a slightly foolish opinion - but one which people are entitled to)..
There is something wrong with disrupting the thread because you don't like the conclusion that people have come to.

jra

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's also interesting to note that there are so many variations on how the landing was supposedly faked. Every HB seems to have a different take on what was faked and how. None of them can seem to get there stories straight with one another. Where as their is only one, very detailed and heavily documented story as to how it was real. That alone says a lot about the legitimacy of the Moon landing in my mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Look, not very long ago, the last page in fact i did not believe we landed there. however i read some more of the thread and at how quickly my evidence of it being faked was proved to be the actual fake so quickly showed me that we must have landed there.

the fact that there is 5% left over is that there is just about nothing that you can be 100% sure on, i cant be 100% sure that my friend likes me even though i have tonnes of proof that he does. that would make it 99% the other reason is and i dont know why but my gut feeling is that something isnt quite what it seems.

Im not saying i dont think we landed there but something to do with them just doesnt seem right.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think we faked the landing of the Mars Rover...

[edit on 4/21/2006 by djsly]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
why? if you belive we landed there why do you not belive that

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Why would they have to be experts on the Van Allen belt? They didn't have the blueprints for all the craft in their heads either...
That's why you work in a team. It was the scientists jobs to assess the problems and overcome them, the astronauts were military personnel trained to fly and operate the craft as well as have the knowledge useful to the mission. Things like performing repairs, navigation, geology, etc. Why would they need to know the ins and outs of the VA belt?
If the scientists responsible for that side of things had been umming and arring then there would be a problem....

There is already an existing thread in which all these points and far, far more have been gone over again and again, I suggest anyone interested reads it and contributes there

I kidnapped AgentSmith's post from another thread which was closed, so I'll answer here.

You really think that they would send an astronaut up into the VA belt without any kind of forewarning of possible effects on his or her body? Did you listen to the CNN report? That was just at 350 miles my friend. They were 650 miles away from the VA belt and they were having a tough time of it. Armstrong, Aldrin, and the rest of them seem to just magically moonwalk right through the belt, probably only having to apply some Hawaiian Tropic SPF 10,000.........yeah right.

But forget about the VA belt, it's not important. Watch the freakin' video!!!!

Peace

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
lets revisit the old classic.

video.google.com...

jra

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You really think that they would send an astronaut up into the VA belt without any kind of forewarning of possible effects on his or her body?

Of course they were told about it, but that doesn't mean they were made experts on the subject. Why would they need to be?

Armstrong, Aldrin, and the rest of them seem to just magically moonwalk right through the belt, probably only having to apply some Hawaiian Tropic SPF 10,000.........yeah right.

Do you even know what kind of radiation the Van Allen belts consist of? The effects of it are minor. They were only exposed to it for a short time. Not enough for them to get harmed. You can block a Proton (which is what the Belts consist of) with a piece wood. You'd have to sit in the belts for a long long time before it would start to have any serious effect on you.

But forget about the VA belt, it's not important. Watch the freakin' video!!!!

The video of Buzz punching Bart Sibrel that was being discussed in the other thread? I would have punched Bart too. He's harassed many of the Astronauts. He also went into Mitchell's house uninvited and started calling him a liar and a fraud. To invade some ones home and insult them like that is just wrong and completely unacceptable. Bart Sibrel is a jackass and nothing more.

Originally posted by Census
lets revisit the old classic.

I've seen the arguments Bart Brings up in this video and else where on his webpage and interviews... He clearly knows nothing of what he speaks about.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So...He knows nothing cause...ahhh....you said so? Well that clears things up!! Thanks bud...I guess I owe you one then.

Now, its back to chugging ranch dressing

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Census]

jra

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No not just because I "said so"... if you read through this 50+ page thread, you'll see many of his claims debunked over and over again.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I read it bud. your unconfined claim that I didn't is pretty silly. Perhaps you should have asked me first.

Moving foward, I read this front to back and back to front. Transulated it into french and read that too(not really).....

Nope. Just not convinced...I believe we have been to the moon many times and I believe that we, along with others countries have installations there. The fast oval shaped smooth ones make that trip, not the big empty pepsi cans.

Sorry...And all the best

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Great responses JRA ,

But your trying to make sense to people about technology issues who know no more about how cars work other than you must put gas in them and turn the key.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Do you even know what kind of radiation the Van Allen belts consist of? The effects of it are minor. They were only exposed to it for a short time. Not enough for them to get harmed. You can block a Proton (which is what the Belts consist of) with a piece wood. You'd have to sit in the belts for a long long time before it would start to have any serious effect on you.

Did you watch the WHOLE video? Obviously not. Don't just watch the little snippets showing each astronaut, watch the whole unedited version, you know the one showing the astronaut putting a transparent slide over the window to simulate that they were closer to the moon than they really were. Watch Buzz Aldrin's and Ed Mitchell's reaction to that one huge, damning piece of evidence. Oh, and listen to CNN's little snipet on the Van Allen belt's effects being worse than previously thought.
Watch the video, don't take it from me 'cause I'm certainly not going to take your word on it.

Originally posted by jra
The video of Buzz punching Bart Sibrel that was being discussed in the other thread? I would have punched Bart too. He's harassed many of the Astronauts. He also went into Mitchell's house uninvited and started calling him a liar and a fraud. To invade some ones home and insult them like that is just wrong and completely unacceptable. Bart Sibrel is a jackass and nothing more.

Who cares about that geek Bart Sibrel?
He's completely irrelevant. Watch the WHOLE video.

Originally posted by jra
He clearly knows nothing of what he speaks about.

Who cares what Bart Sibrel thinks?
Watch the WHOLE video. It has nothing to do with Bart Sibrel. Let's leave that loser out of it.

Oh, and can someone lead me to which page in this massive thread where that video has been debunked, or was it debunked because Bart Sibrel is such a "jackass"?. This oughta be a real hoot.

Peace

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Transparent slide? Can you give me a time signature for when it occurs in the video? I've seen Sibrels 'Smoking Gun' before and I'm not sure how anyone can see anything dodgy in it at all to be honest. You can even see it disappear behind the window, impossible with a transparency on the inside.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You're telling me that you didn't see the astronaut pull the slide off the window? Agent, if you can't plainly see that without my having to spoonfeed you then I can't help you.

The really funny thing is that Aldrin and Mitchell have no explanation for that clip. If it was just an innocent thing they would have been able to explain it away and would've made Sibrel look like even more of a tool, but they both crapped their pants.

Oh, but Sibrel's such a "jackass" so the video's meaningless!!!

This thread reminded me why I spend so much of my time on BTS now talking about my bowels.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join