It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

... rather than arrogantly assume...

AgentSmith,
You’re the conceited one here, with your presumption that I did not read the thread.
I browsed all the pages and even found the same video on an earlier posting (Post Number: 1214779). However, I did not see any reply dealing with that specific footage being a hoax.
It is peculiar to see this kind of reaction after a posting with the link to the movie “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon” allowing the subscribers to watch a reputed documentary that critically questions the integrity of the Apollo program. Isn’t that what in fact annoyed you so much?

... has many repititions in it...
... obviously arn't interested...

Two words: spell check.

By the way, congratulations! You just inaugurated my “Ignore” list.

Wow! I was about to post the above and notice your editing (and, unsurprisingly, some more vulgarity).
Thanks for proving me right: the thread with the info about that clip is not this very one – it is Moon Truth, which appears on a completely different ATS community .
Too bad, huh? The only place you’re really pissing on is your own pants!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Please stop NOW with the personal snipes and bickering, and post ON TOPIC in a civil manner.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well done, so you did find where it was mentioned here then and even found an ancient thread from when it was first talked about on the board. As I said, yesterday's (non)news..

I assume you bothered to read the maker's own website to which I posted links (to the archived versions as the website is long gone) where they admit the whole hoax and explain why they did it.

You obviously have not read the whole thread as if nothing else you would have read the numerous debunking arguments against Sibrel's piece of crap movie. Everything he comes up with in his 'work' is the laughing stock of anyone with an education higher than nursery school.
Why can't people come up with anything new? It's incredibly tiresome to read the same tired old crap every couple of weeks when someone new comes along with what to them is a 'great new revelation' but to anyone that has been involved for some time is the same crap tune from the organ grinder's instrument.
At least have the decency to read the flippin thread, I could understand it if you'd created a new one and didn't know that the topic existed, but tagging onto the end of a 50 odd page thread which has gone into detail with the points brought up way back in the past is rather annoying.

[edit on 24-2-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Why can't people come up with anything new?

Simple: people find what they think is a great and earth-shattering new fact and get peeved when they realise that not only do people know about it, but that it's also been debunked.
The other reason is that some people just won't take their debunking like men (or women) and decide that all they have to do to get through to people is to keep repeating themselves, again and again and again, until the 'truth' sinks in. The fact that many people have the attention span of a concussed gnat makes this easier for them.
We have to fight this. We also have to be patient and resist the temptation to use a big stick AND SHOUT A LOT!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yes I must try and stay calmer, it's just so damn frustrating having to keep explaining things again and again when you know the information is there, but people just can't be bothered to read it.
Ironically most people can't be bothered to read it because it's so long, but it's so long because the majority of it is repeating the same information to the people that couldn't be bothered to read, etc, etc.
I just find it so tragic that people have gone beyond reasonably questioning things to the extent of throwing good education out of the window, and I don't mean accepting we went to the Moon as an historical fact, I mean the science behind how we went for instance. People watch some weirdo on the TV that doesn't know anything about science and wants nothing more than to fill their own pocket and they will believe anything they say without question simply because it goes against the establishment.
While we have to question a lot of what the establishment does these days, without some sort of structure we'll quickly devolve back into hooting creatures that inhabit caves, which is something I see around us all the time. These people don't realise the computer technology behind Apollo for instance is what has evolved into their MP3 player for instance.
Nor do they realise the relatively 'simple' task of performing the calculations required to go to the Moon is actually far less complex than what goes into the encoding and compression of an MP3 for instance. To simulate the Moon Landing as a game would actually be far more complex because you have to create the virtual environment in which to operate in.
But that's OK, not everyone is a computer boff, I just wish they would listen to people that do know what they are talking about rather than some dick on the tele talking crap.
I just wish people would read more and learn, sadly I see that the dumbing down of the masses by the Government is working all too well..

I suppose I owe you an apology LuckyLouie, but i hope you can see why I get so annoyed. Welcome to the board

[edit on 24-2-2006 by AgentSmith]

jra

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antony_Tony
Im sorry but i couldnt be bothered reading all 4 pages

You mean 49?

nasa wont use hubble to tak epictures of the moon because hubble is TOO good and powerful

They have taken photos of the moon with Hubble, but it's not made for taking close up photos. It also doesn't have the resolution to see the landing sites.

as for the dust from the ship, the rockets on the moon lander weere so powerful that they should have blown holes in the moons surface. but not a simple particle was moved. ive heard something about the lack of atmosphere on the moon stopping the dust from blowing around but ill have to practise that next time im in a place with no atmosphere.

There was dust blown around, but not exactly like it would blow around on Earth. The thrust was not powerful enough to 'blow holes' in the surface. I also posted links to videos showing the dust being blown away on there landings. You really should read through this thread.

The Harrier jet puts out more thrust then the LM. If the LM's rockets were to 'blow holes' on the Moon surface then the Harrier should be blowing holes on it's landing surfaces, but it doesn't.

i think one of the most convincing arguments against it is the fact that my mp3 player has more technology in it then the craft that went to the moon.

And this is supposed to prove what exactly?

[edit on 25-2-2006 by jra]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
I believe we did go to space but that is risky enough but nowhere near the moon look at all the evidence of moon landing back then I'm sure you will find a few anomilies.

Here's all (or at least most) the photos from the apollo missions
www.apolloarchive.com...
There's no way you can fake all those...

Besides, if we did go into space (no one is disputing that as thousands saw the rockets take off), where did they go?
Did they just go in orbit for a while, dump the LMs into space, then come back?

That is an excellent repository of Apollo mission photos.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaotik68
That is an excellent repository of Apollo mission photos.

Here are some more good links:

Here are all the photos taken during the missions:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

I would also recommend looking at the Lunar Journal and other information in transcripts, pictures, videos and complete manuals for much of the equipment here:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

And some good debunking sites:

www.clavius.org...

www.badastronomy.com...

www.apollohoax.net...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hi everyone, i am a new member here only due to the fact that i CANNOT believe that a person with that mind set ??? was even able to find the keyboard. A little about myself, one, i have flown on orbit twice, spacewalked once to service the hubble telescope, and three, i have had extreme difficulty seeing any starfields unless we turned off ALL interior lights inside the orbiter and it had to be on the nightside of the earth/sun terminator. on the lunar surface, the sun is so bright, with no atmosphere you cannot see any stars, only the earth which is reflecting sunlight. i would like to post a pic here of me taking photos on orbit, can i send someone here the pic via e mail so you can post it ?

MOD EDIT: Removing personal attacks. Please read: Terms And Conditions Of Use

[edit on 3/10/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
jstpeter@emich.edu

I'm on the ATS staff, and it'll be hosted here on ATS for you.

jra

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by space walker
A little about myself, one, i have flown on orbit twice, spacewalked once to service the hubble telescope

That's really cool. I'd love to here more about your trips into space. Perhaps you can start a thread on that?

i would like to post a pic here of me taking photos on orbit, can i send someone here the pic via e mail so you can post it ?

I look forward to seeing your pics. You can also get an account at www.photobucket.com... or something like, if you want.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by space walker
Hi everyone, i am a new member here only due to the fact that i CANNOT believe that a person with that mind set ??? was even able to find the keyboard. A little about myself, one, i have flown on orbit twice, spacewalked once to service the hubble telescope, and three, i have had extreme difficulty seeing any starfields unless we turned off ALL interior lights inside the orbiter and it had to be on the nightside of the earth/sun terminator. on the lunar surface, the sun is so bright, with no atmosphere you cannot see any stars, only the earth which is reflecting sunlight. i would like to post a pic here of me taking photos on orbit, can i send someone here the pic via e mail so you can post it ?

It is my understanding that people involved with the space program generally have college degrees or better.

I would also expect that anyone involved with any sort of NASA program would be experienced at writing reports.

Based on the numerous punctuation and capitalization errors (not to mention the run-on sentences) in your post, I have a hard time accepting your claims at face value.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
According to UK TV last week the Apollo mission did land on the moon, most of the debunking theories were explained away quite easily. The lunar lander was tracked here by Jodrell Bank radio telescope which showed Armstrong having to increase power on the lander as not to land in a crater. They also left laser rangefinding equipment that is still being used today.See here geophysics.ou.edu...

Follow up: Proof that we were on the moon was left by Apollos 11,14, & 15. They are retroreflectors (a flat panel of cubes on point and the astronauts tilted the panel to point at Earth) that are used by astronomers at the University of Texas at Austin’s McDonald Observatory, they shine a powerful laser at it and time the return of the pulse. This has led to information on continental drift.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sounds like that only proves something can be dropped without a human needing to be there. Didn't the Soviets bring back a sample of soil from an unmanned probe?

So how hard would it be to put those items on the Moon in the same way.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nobody posting here could possibly think the government could keep a fake moonshot going this long w/o credible people exposing, do you?

If you do, your just naive children.

jra

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Nobody posting here could possibly think the government could keep a fake moonshot going this long w/o credible people exposing, do you?

If you do, your just naive children.

I agree, it would be totaly impossible to keep something this big under wraps. Just look at the Watergate scandal that happened around the same time. If Nixon couldn't keep that quiet, how in the heck could he, or anyone, keep fake moon landings a secret? No one would be able to.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You may want to listen to the podcast I have put up on ATS today, from my interview on Friday's show with Bart Sibrel, whose DVD is quite compelling viewing. Mr Sibrel believes that he has firm evidence thta man never went to the moon in 1969.

Listen to my interview with him and make your own minds up.

Ross

JAK

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks Ross.

For ease -

Part 1: www.podtrac.com...

Part 2: www.podtrac.com...

Part 3: www.podtrac.com...

Part 4: www.podtrac.com...

Jak

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Americans did land on the Moon, but something took place there that NASA wanted to keep under wraps.

It’s probable that UFOs were present and the Astronauts warned by them not to take any pictures due to obvious reasons.

So how could NASA prove that they went to the Moon without pictures?

Obviously they couldn’t tell the world that the Aliens disallowed them to take any photographs on the Moon. That would blow the most well guarded secret in history - the existence of Aliens!

But they needed photographs, as the world would otherwise have asked NASA, "Hey guys, you fellas went to the Moon and NO photographs?"

So what was the next best thing to do? FAKE THE PHOTOGRAPHS!!

In a nutshell, the Moon landings did happen, but most of the photographs are faked!

QED!!

[edit on 19-3-2006 by mikesingh]

jra

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
The Americans did land on the Moon, but something took place there that NASA wanted to keep under wraps.

It’s probable that UFOs were present and the Astronauts warned by them not to take any pictures due to obvious reasons.

So how could NASA prove that they went to the Moon without pictures?

Obviously they couldn’t tell the world that the Aliens disallowed them to take any photographs on the Moon. That would blow the most well guarded secret in history - the existence of Aliens!

But they needed photographs, as the world would otherwise have asked NASA, "Hey guys, you fellas went to the Moon and NO photographs?"

So what was the next best thing to do? FAKE THE PHOTOGRAPHS!!

In a nutshell, the Moon landings did happen, but most of the photographs are faked!

QED!!

IF there were indeed aliens on the moon, why would they need to fake the photographs? Couldn't they just take photos that wouldn't have the aliens in the shot? That would seem like the most logical thing to do in that situation.

But that whole theory is nothing but speculation. There is no evidence in the least that shows this could have happened. There is nothing to show that the photos were faked at all.

I'll give the Sibrel interview a listen though. Although the evidence i've seen him give so far, is pretty bad.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join