It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Not sure why I bother, anymore....eh?

Second line. um.....Space exploration! Good!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Space exploration? Surely, you aren't one of those people who thinks we, as humans, are actually capable of traveling in space?

Say it ain't so, WW...say it ain't so. You've got to know it's all a lie, foisted off on us by the evil incarnate that is NASA.

Did that sound suitably melodramatic and over the top?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I'm afraid, we have the stage right now, you and I. and when the Director comes bsck into the studio, he's going to be so pissed!!!!

(oops...can I say pissed?) In England it means drunk, so maybe it's not a pejorative in the T&Cs....per se.

I think, though....we are twisting threads, and that is not good.

Only commonality is a previeous poster, on this thread.....who seems to be suspicously absent, since he started a new thread....after getting booted off of this one about 25 times....

Back to point.....for anyone who stumbles along, the Apollo Missions were not FAKED on a 'soundstage' in the Nevada desert, or the Arizona desert, or whatever desert your current nonsense ridiculous cnspiracy of the day wishes to claim.

OK....back on track, this thread....there!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I still haven't figured out, not that I've tried all that hard, how they think this could have been pulled off. The Sov's would have jumped all over this in a heartbeat. Then you have the British radioastronomer who followed the whole process live with his telescope, radio that is...not to mention the reflectors, the moonrocks, and all the hundreds, if not thousands of pictures.

The level of effort a conspirecy like this would take is astronomical...it would have been easier just to go to the moon, which, of course, they did. With a ship that could indeed land going backwards...

there I think we've gone back on topic sufficiently...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yup! There is....oh, I get confused between US Pounds and kilograms....there are either 880 Kg of Lunar samples, or 880 lbs.

hint...880 KG is MORE than 880 lbs....for any American in the audience.!!

EDIT....oh, BTW....I am born American.....still live here....shame thst this Country hasn't realized, yet, the necessity of joining with the rest of the World, and use the Metric System.

I tire of trying to explain it to people....I have to do math in my head, and then explain it. Heck!! The darn cars have KPH on the speedometers!!!!

But, the road signs don't....so Americans are still in the dark...as usual.

So sad......

[edit on 6/23/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know, I have no idea how many feet are in a mile, but metric is all based on ten, it's way simpler. The other thing that is funny is thousands of people were involved and yet they haven't leaked it, which is impossible. Just because they were threatened with being killed won't shut people up, somehow the killing of prisoners in ww2, going into cambodia in the vietnam war, hiring nazi scientists after ww2, SAS in the iranian embassy raid in the 80s, all of this was known very quickly with less people involved and yet they have kept thousands of people quiet for nearly 40 years? Basically impossible.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Halfo, Agent, Keen, Astronomer, jra, et al -- You gotta click on the links and watch these videos, last links at the bottom, of Kay Griggs. Our government is run by unspeakably evil men through the military and it's all about selling weapons and bringing down the United States. It's time to wake up and realize this. NOW. Homosexual Nazis are murdering and raping children, programming them, and pushing them up to be the rulers of our country and of other countries (Pol Pot, Mao, others). We must not be ignorant of these things. As Christians we can at least pray if nothing else. To be ignorant lets them continue their evil deeds to the destruction of all.

That may have been the most offensive thing I read on this forum, I know I don't really spend time in the Illuminati section but you seem to be saying Nazis and homosexuals had/have common goals. Anyways, what does that have to do with the Apollo missions? I know it was back on pg 26 but I was just wondering. I know this is certainly not new but I haven't seen it talked about much, how was parabolic dust movement done in a studio? (The dust goes up and comes down in an arc like you can see in the videos. Also, people go on about how they "don't remember seeing start" but that doesn't mean they did or didn't. I don't recall ever killing a man for a klondike bar but that is not proof that I have or have not.

P.S. JRA you must know where Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows is, right? Also, just throwing out random questions, but is your last name DeVita?

jra

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by W35M4N
P.S. JRA you must know where Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows is, right? Also, just throwing out random questions, but is your last name DeVita?

I sure do, but no that's not my last name. Who is that if I may ask?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
No one you would likely know, it just would have been extremely funny if it was.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well, it appears somebody failed quite badly.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I came across this website on accident in searching Google for a good lunar module eagle pic. I can tell all you dimwits something you won't know about it. My grandfather designed the electrical systems inside of the LMs. My father, uncles, and grandmother sat inside of them out of curiosity well before the astronauts did (and well before Grumman handed over everything to NASA security). To reward all of the hard work to the Grumman engineers, they all had the opportunity to engrave their names upon a metal placard on the lunar module eagle itself. So, guess what? My family name is on the moon, along with those of all of the other people who busted their butts in the space race and sent that module to the moon. But I guess those people are all fictitious and really just worked at some movie studio? Stop searching for conspiracies and insulting those who sweat for the cause. And when in the far future space travel includes a tour across the moon, tell your great-grandkids (if you ever leave your basement to procreate) to give my descendants an apology as you read their names off of the plaque.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I seem to have done what some said could not be done. A good while ago I placed an order on some old Apollo archival footage on DVD. Demand was high and the wait was long but finally it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Lo and behold, it contained footage of the LLRF in action, piloted by astronaut Alan Bean. I had almost forgotten about this little debate until the DVD arrived in the mail. I considered not even bothering to upload it, but I figured it was a good way to bring some final closure to the issue.

As I've always said, just because it isn't on youtube doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Some people disagreed with this assertion, but now that it's up on youtube certain people will be forced to conclude by their own flawed logic that it does exist, contradicting their previous beliefs.

Note that you can occasionally see the puffs from the hydrogen peroxide thrusters, but it becomes extremely obvious when the craft approaches the ground and blows away the water in the "crater puddles." Enjoy!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Thanks for making that footage available, but I'm not sure I follow your point?

What is this footage being shown? It doesn't look piloted but manipulated by a gimbal and cables.

Thanks for any clarification on this.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by ngchunter

Thanks for making that footage available, but I'm not sure I follow your point?

What is this footage being shown? It doesn't look piloted but manipulated by a gimbal and cables.

Thanks for any clarification on this.

It's the LLRF, which served as a trainer for the apollo landings. The cables were used to simulate lunar gravity for the vehicle. The pilot stood in the little 'phone-booth-like' cockpit at the top and piloted it. It used hydrogen peroxide thrusters to control itself. The claim was made a while ago on this thread that this footage didn't exist (the only evidence presented was that it wasn't anywhere to be found online) because they couldn't possibly get a thruster-controlled landing vehicle to work.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

For 'Anonymous', if you happen to come along to read this, thanks for that inside info!!

And, I hope you don't consider all of us to be 'dimwits'!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I came across this website on accident in searching Google for a good lunar module eagle pic. I can tell all you dimwits something you won't know about it. My grandfather designed the electrical systems inside of the LMs.

My great uncle also worked on the LEM, though I'm not sure what his specific role was. It makes me wonder though if your grandfather knew my great uncle. Small world, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
The pictures we got to see were fake. Don't want everyone watching US Naval Aviators burying Saturn V rocket bodies whilst constructing the first Moon Base, now do we.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Chakotay]

Could actually be a good point. Althou they could just go and film another place then the construction place on the moon if so thou.
Perhaps a nother idea would be that they didn't want to film there because they didn't want us to see any of the elledge alien crafts that were passing in the distance?

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The funny thing is, the same people who say the US never landed on the moon are also the same ones who say that the US has contact with the Greys and are trading humans for technology.

Make up your damned minds people! Is the US building flying antigravity disks or are we so far behind what we say we are that we had to fake a landing on the moon???!?!?!

Thats quite a controversy yeah!

But it could be either one of two thou, that we didn't have that much contact if so witht the Greys or any other alien lifeform at the time of the moon landing, or we just couldn't understand the technology at that point.
Or as I mentioned above.

Guess we could speculate a lot on this matter. Perhaps even they faked it then and there, but went there some short time after?
As we know the moon landing marked one of the big "victories" during the cold war.
So the fact that what we saw at the time were faked could be even thou the moon lading in it self was real. Who knows, exept the people involved.

Guess we could look at this matter from man angles.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopSecretArea
Guess we could speculate a lot on this matter. Perhaps even they faked it then and there, but went there some short time after?
As we know the moon landing marked one of the big "victories" during the cold war.
So the fact that what we saw at the time were faked could be even thou the moon lading in it self was real. Who knows, exept the people involved.

This kind of speculation looks tantalizing on the surface, but there are some serious problems with it when one looks at the apollo archival footage. If what you say is true and the footage we saw of Apollo was faked even as they really walked on the moon, how did they recreate the appearance of being in a vacuum, with an expanse many kilometers wide that is being explored by the astronauts, and with the appearance of greatly reduced gravity, all simultaneously?

You can speculate complicated methods for any one of these particulars, but they are mutually exclusive techniques and could not have been done simultaneously. They had vacuum chambers, but they were always much smaller than a film studio, let alone a wide expanse complete with distant mountains (which can be verified as real by looking at the parallax visible in mission photography taken kilometers apart).

They could have used cables to simulate lunar gravity as some speculate, but cables would not have been able to change the fall rate of objects dropped unintentionally, let alone lunar dust or rovers. They could have used a jet to simulate lunar gravity and this would indeed affect every object being filmed simultaneously, but how are you going to create a vaccuum at the same time? Failure to do so will cause the dust you kick up to billow, giving away tell-tale signs of atmosphere, but this is not seen in any apollo footage.

There's no way a huge film-studio sized vaccuum chamber (which doesn't even exist anyway) will fit inside a vomit comet, and it will have short limits on the maximum time length of any shot. It is impossible to adequately fake all the aspects of the moon footage simultaneously.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just to bring your attention:

The Japan Space Agency has published comparisons of scenic shots taken by Apollo astronauts and shots generated by using stereoscopic Selene images.

So far they seem to match pretty good, although someone should check out if the background mountains are the famous ones which do appear places they should not.

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join