It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I'm just wondering why we haven't been back to the moon?

It really just comes down to money. The Government had cut NASA's budget after six landings. NASA wanted to continue to do more Apollo missions (there were plans for Apollo 18 - 20) and build a permanent base, but there was a lack of political and public interest, and there still is.

Originally posted by NGC2736
Well, one of my questions is why we get such poor images of the Moon, and everywhere else for that matter, for all the money NASA sucks up?

What poor images are you talking about specifically? And NASA doesn't suck up that much money. There budget (about $16 billion) is only a small fraction of the entire Federal budget.

As for the Mars Express and its camera. Have you seen photos from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter? hirise.lpl.arizona.edu... they are much higher in resolution.

I know what you're saying and I'm with you on that. And if there is no atmosphere on the moon then pictures should be crisp and clear compared to earth satellite photos.

There are still limitations with optics and image sensors to take into account.

As far as mars goes I haven't a clue to why we can't see them in original color fromat.

Because they are not taken in a standard RGB format. A standard RGB image has no scientific value. Images that are taken in various levels of infra red and ultra violet can reveal a lot of things about the environment that you would never see with a standard RGB image.

But it would be nice if they did include a standard RGB camera just simply for PR purposes. I do believe the next Mars rover (the Mars Science Laboratory) will include an RGB camera assuming plans haven't changed.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Well it sounds like you know more about camera's than I do so you may be right. And I know the moon is much brighter than the earth when the sun's light is reflecting off it. It just amazes me when I look at google earth and know in my heart that the governments have even better technology than that. They're not gonna release technolgy to the public that they can't defeat or do better with. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
jra, you make some very good points. I must agree somewhat with your reasoning.

But as much as I would love to go to space, I would have misgivings if I couldn't get a better look at my destination.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I'm just wondering why we haven't been back to the moon

Seroiusly, I've heard all the tales that the aliens said get off and don't come back but that doesn't do it for me. We should have a base on the moon by now, and who know's maybe we do. Just to many secrets in Nasa and the government. Saying that though doesn't mean I don't believe we landed on the moon. I think we did, but it's still lingering in my mind of why we haven't been back. So I'm about 70% / 30% on the truth.

Well, I think the main reason we haven't been back is because it was extremely dangerous when we went before and we got lucky.

For example, there was only a 50/50 chance that the lander was going to lift off the moon on the first mission. Those standards would NEVER fly today.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

War is dangerous, and we seem to have no problem with that on a regular basis. How many deaths, in combat, have taken place since we last went to the Moon?

Would man be further ahead to take risks in space, and lose some lives in the doing, or fight wars that change little or nothing?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by jfj123

War is dangerous, and we seem to have no problem with that on a regular basis. How many deaths, in combat, have taken place since we last went to the Moon?

Would man be further ahead to take risks in space, and lose some lives in the doing, or fight wars that change little or nothing?

I'm just telling you what NASA has stated. Sure we would be much further along if we took bigger risks but the publics view of NASA drastically changed after each shuttle disaster. If we left a bunch of astronauts on the moon to sufficate to death, that would be a public relations nightmare. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here is what the whole world thinks of you, jra, and your (fake) part of US.
I really hope that moderators will live this link

It is a youtube video spot, funny. But it also speaks volumes about American dream...including the "Moon Landing" - little children don't buy it any more, let alone adults.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic– Review This Link.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by swimmer]

[edit on 11-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by swimmer

Oh my god!! This is it !! This is the proof we've all been waiting for !!!
The holy grail !!

How exactly does showing us a bad german music video, prove the moon landings were faked? You must be so desperate to hang on to your dream if this is your best/only evidence that the moon landings were faked.

Could you please next post the marvin the martian cartoon to prove that we've never sent a probe to mars? That would be an equally great argument

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Man, that was a quck response...is it your shift?

This is just what people of the world think about a serious country like US faking such a big event...and I think it could not have been said better. Let people watch it...it is funny, isn't it?

And the understanding of the whole story is growing by the minute in the world....of course, once most of the world figures out most of the lies - the bankers will start a WW III to kill millions and put others back to darkness. With probably more movies like "Moon Landing" comedy.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer

swimmer

Please stay on Topic !

This thread is about the Moon Landing Conspiracy, Not about bankers, WWIII or comedy videos.

Oh, and did I miss this election ?

Originally posted by swimmer

This is just what people of the world think...

That's an awful lot of people to represent... doesn't it get tiring?

(that's a rhetorical question, of course)

- Really guys, let's try to keep the personal Drama out of the thread,
and stick to the topic at hand.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Moderator, did you even see the video? Are you a communist or something? Why are you taking sides...are you protecting NASA? The authors of the video have re-created the "Moon Landing" landscape...and the whole FAKE Moon Landing...with a lot of talent. Why not posting it here? Is this a forum, or is it an official NASA site?

Who are you guys?

Who do you work for?

jra

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Here is what the whole world thinks of you, jra, and your (fake) part of US.

I didn't know one band's song constituted as the opinion of the whole world. And I don't think the world thinks anything of me. Also, I'm not from the US. Nice try though.

But it also speaks volumes about American dream...including the "Moon Landing" - little children don't buy it any more, let alone adults.

You've done or seen a survey have you? Or is this just an opinion of yours that's based on wishful thinking and fantasy?

The band (Rammstein), views this song to be mostly a satirical commentary on the US and culture-colonization, or Cocacoloization as its sometimes called.

One thing I noticed about the parts showing the band on the Moon. To me it looks like they just used actual Apollo photos and superimposed the band on top of them. Some of the backgrounds looked very familier. I'll have to look into it later.

Good song though and thanks for posting swimmer. Your posts are hilarious as always. Keep it up and maybe I'll find a new signature for myself

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You are welcome, jra. Please feel free to use my descriptions of you as your signature...any time. My people say "what the smart people are ashamed of, the stupid are proud of"...so, you can take that one, too.

Also, jra, if you really did not care about the video, why bother to even write here, immediatally? Why such prompt reaction?

And moderator got excited also...everyone too worried.

jra, you have never added ONE LINE of science here. You are just here to drag stuff...and you are doing a good job. You jump here as soon as there is a single post that can be read by neutral readers and make them think...and you do it with such an amazing discipline...like all low-paid agents.

This video that I posted is really funny. And you guys jumping here just proves that I have found something that adds value here...the guards were alarmed right away.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
...and if there are any readers of the topic, I just wanted to say - if they ban me here, I will not return. It takes too much time - there are too may apologets (I hope that is the right spelling), people who are here to defend NASA regardless of science or truth. So, when this angry moderator kicks me out, his life will be easier - I will not return.

This is my favourite topic on ATS, and I have learnd some good stuff here, and read some really smart comments. I appreciate that, but it takes too much of my time and energy to fight grey, faceless, flat and robotic defenders of NASA...and it is a very boring task.

Instead...I am starting a forum of my own

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This video that I posted is really funny. And you guys jumping here just proves that I have found something that adds value here...the guards were alarmed right away.

If one were to accidentally step in dog crap then walk into their work place, and all their co-workers were ignoring the smell, that doesn't make the stink go away.

A music video does not add anything of value to the argument. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes it does. The video adds value. It shows that the whole world starts to understand that the Moon Landing was faked.

By the way, was this link ever referenced here?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes it does. The video adds value. It shows that the whole world starts to understand that the Moon Landing was faked.

By the way, was this link ever referenced here?

Please show me how that one video expresses the opinion of the WHOLE WORLD. Show me the polls that back this up.

This video adds ZERO value to the discussion. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sorry, but it adds a lot of value. It is a first artistic expression of the irony and comedy (maybe I shouldn't use the word comedy, moderator hates it) of the "Moon Landing". It shows how low the public opinion of US went down, in part due to lies like "Moon Landing".

The video had 3,167,696 views...is that enough to show tendency?

I am sorry if the moderator does not like the video...but it is a very, very good artistic presentation of the crazy, unbelievable NASA fake story...which will go in the history of the world as the most famous false information ever.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Sorry, but it adds a lot of value. It is a first artistic expression of the irony and comedy (maybe I shouldn't use the word comedy, moderator hates it) of the "Moon Landing". It shows how low the public opinion of US went down, in part due to lies like "Moon Landing".

NOPE. NO VALUE.
It doesn't show anything about public opinion. It shows a music video.

The video had 3,167,696 views...is that enough to show tendency?

Maybe it's a good song??? You can't equate a popular song to public opinion.

I am sorry if the moderator does not like the video...but it is a very, very good artistic presentation of the crazy, unbelievable NASA fake story...which will go in the history of the world as the most famous false information ever.

I don't want to speak for the moderator or pretend to know his opinions but maybe he feels like myself in that the video does not lend value to the discussion.
As opposed to using a music video as evidence of opinion, why not post some factual evidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join