It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic-friend
in fact only a marvel could get a telescope to intercept JUST A SINGLE PHOTON.

wow, you really put me in my place with those facts

it's too bad I can't ever find anyone to have an intelligent scientific debate on the science of the lunar laser range findings experiments fom the pro-hoax camp. All I ever get is

maybe it's because the mirrors are hard proof apollo 11 went to the moon, and there is nothing the pro-hoax camp can do about it ?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

in fact only a marvel could get a telescope to intercept JUST A SINGLE PHOTON.

wow, you really put me in my place with those facts

it's too bad I can't ever find anyone to have an intelligent scientific debate on the science of the lunar laser range findings experiments fom the pro-hoax camp. All I ever get is

maybe it's because the mirrors are hard proof apollo 11 went to the moon, and there is nothing the pro-hoax camp can do about it ?

And how do we know they were placed there by humans?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I would like the "pro-hoax" camp to explain how the mirrors got there.

You can't say an unmanned rocket sent them, because the Apollo 11 mission took pictures of it on the moon.

The mirrors are still being used, today, so there is tangible and credible (as in not from NASA) evidence of artifacts left on the moon by apollo 11

here is a link to the observatory that is still using the mirrors
external link

here is the pic taken by apollo 11

I eagerly await your reasoned explanation, complete with facts to back up your theory

And how do we know that the mirror in the picture is the mirror on the moon? they could be two different mirrors.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

the mirrors are hard proof apollo 11 went to the moon, and there is nothing the pro-hoax camp can do about it.

science.nasa.gov...

University of Maryland physics professor Carroll Alley was the project's principal investigator during the Apollo years, and he follows its progress today. "Using these mirrors," explains Alley, "we can 'ping' the moon with laser pulses and measure the Earth-moon distance very precisely. This is a wonderful way to learn about the moon's orbit and to test theories of gravity."

"Carroll Alley was the project's principal investigator during the Apollo

years"

Then he is another big liar that continues to tell lies.

You have not technology to send a laser so powerful that can come back

to earth from the moon.

You have not even technology to beat Mac Laren or Ferrari, you have only

poor cars like Ford.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

"Carroll Alley was the project's principal investigator during the Apollo

years"

to earth from the moon.

do you realize you're not even remotely funny

please prove Mr. Alley is a liar.

please explain to me exactly how powerful the laser is at McDonald Observatory, and exactly why it isn't powerful enough to reach the moon and back

[edit on 16-10-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

And how do we know that the mirror in the picture is the mirror on the moon? they could be two different mirrors.

There are multiple mirror sites. Please prove the photo is not authentic

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
well....im a newb so ill throw in my 2 cents. I have always been skeptical about this...simply because of some of the video taken from the landing...im no scientist...buuut, if theres no wind on the moon...how come the flag is waving all over the place, also how come you can never see any stars and the sky is always black. I am not in any way saying that this means it is a hoax, these are just a few things that have struck me wrong and made me skeptical. If anyone more knowledgable than me can enlighten me...i would love it. And i apologize for not trying to find my answer in all 109 pages...but thats like 2 days of reading...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by x4:20x
well....im a newb so ill throw in my 2 cents. I have always been skeptical about this...simply because of some of the video taken from the landing...im no scientist...buuut, if theres no wind on the moon...how come the flag is waving all over the place, also how come you can never see any stars and the sky is always black. I am not in any way saying that this means it is a hoax, these are just a few things that have struck me wrong and made me skeptical. If anyone more knowledgable than me can enlighten me...i would love it. And i apologize for not trying to find my answer in all 109 pages...but thats like 2 days of reading...

friend, you need to go to 2 places, and then rejoin the fun

external link - bad astronomy

external link - wiki

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic-friend

to earth from the moon.

And of course you can back up these statements with actual proof???? Now remember
isn't proof. They're just little laughing face graphics so using
as proof doesn't work. OK???
Real scientifically based proof. Of course you can't but it's fun anyway
as usually, your nonsense is amusing

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by x4:20x

friend, you need to go to 2 places, and then rejoin the fun

external link - bad astronomy

external link - wiki

2 excellent sources. Nice to see an educated person with a well rounded argument
Good job with your responses !!!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article about a person who wanted a bunch of americans with hand held laser pointers to point their lasers at the moon at the same time to create a temporary laser dot.
So, a bunch of super low wattage hand held laser pens can do this, then a high wattage laser would not have a problem bouncing a beam off the moon.

Here's the article link.

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Here's an interesting article about a person who wanted a bunch of americans with hand held laser pointers to point their lasers at the moon at the same time to create a temporary laser dot.
So, a bunch of super low wattage hand held laser pens can do this, then a high wattage laser would not have a problem bouncing a beam off the moon.

Here's the article link.

www.space.com...

great find.

I was waiting for his explanation on how a laser beam has a finite range, and you ruined it

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I read the article, but I didn't see that anyone had actually done this.

From what I read, it takes significant power to be able to hit the Moon with a laser and by the time it gets there it's like more than a kilometer wide iirc.

I doubt if a pen laser would even make it out of the atmosphere, though I have heard of people temporarily blinding airline pilots.

Though I'm no longer a HB, I think the whole laser reflector argument as direct proof of a lunar landing is weak. In fact, it is at most indirect proof that craft can reach the moon and deposit a payload and not much else.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

From what I read, it takes significant power to be able to hit the Moon with a laser and by the time it gets there it's like more than a kilometer wide iirc.

I doubt if a pen laser would even make it out of the atmosphere, though I have heard of people temporarily blinding airline pilots.

Though I'm no longer a HB, I think the whole laser reflector argument as direct proof of a lunar landing is weak. In fact, it is at most indirect proof that craft can reach the moon and deposit a payload and not much else.

please site your scource on the laser being a kilometer wide when it reaches the moon

why is it weak if the apollo 11 astronauts took a picture of it ? Did you notice those bootprints ?

would you be kind enough to read this article, and tell me why it is weak evidence ?
external link

I swear, when China or the US goes back, and the artifacts are there, the HB's will still say the photo's/video is fake

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Humans have been to the moon.

I just think the history of that is more complicated then we the common man are lead to believe...

Why have we not been back?

Or have we?...

So many questions...

"Informed " people say: "If there were aliens on the moon, wouldnt the astronauts have said so?"

Those "informed" people are actually misinformed...the astronauts have said their peace...(some of them...) the rest...we are waiting for them to speak up...(before they die...)

That is just it, there are so few humans that have been to the moon, that we almost have to rely on what they said...

We are on the cusp of the next phase of human exploration...the COMMERCIAL side of exploration...maybe that will reveal to the public more than those with the power to reach the moon previously have held close to thier chest...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

please site your scource on the laser being a kilometer wide when it reaches the moon

why is it weak if the apollo 11 astronauts took a picture of it ?

I swear, when China or the US goes back, and the artifacts are there, the HB's will still say the photo's/video is fake

Sorry Charlie, your swearing notwithstanding, as I said I'm no longer a HB. Let me state it again. I no longer believe that the Lunar Landings were a hoax. However, there is no actual PROOF of this. Proof involves independent verification and so far it's never been done. AGAIN, I no longer believe the landings were a hoax so save your carefully rehearsed rhetoric.

Should the Chinese actually get credible pictures then that would serve as the first independent verification. Pictures that require expert interpretation, extensive processing, or big black spots on a pre-processed Clementine image would not qualify. Pictures that were cooked in a NASA lab for a week prior to release would not qualify. Preferably they would be direct feed releases.

On the Laser ranging experiment...it took me 2.5 seconds to google to find that it's a lot more than the 1 km figure that I recalled. In fact by the time the laser pulse hits the Moon it's 7 kilometers wide, and by the time it bounces back to Earth it's 20 kilometers in diameter.

That there are laser reflectors on the Moon is not in dispute that I'm aware. They are, at best, indirect evidence that men walked on the Moon, unless you dispute that the Soviets placed laser reflectors on the Moon robotically using the Soviet Lunokhod 2 rover.

Again, I no longer am a HB. I'm just stating the truth.

As frustrating it might be for you twisting factoids does not make the case, no matter what your stance.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

www.signonsandiego.com...

The result is that the pulses of laser light, by the time they reach the moon, cover a circular area of one to two miles across. If the reflectors are situated anywhere within that circle, at least some of the laser light will be reflected back to Earth.

The returning pulse of laser light continues to widen, so the photons that make it back to Earth cover an area about 10 miles in diameter. If the telescope mirror is anywhere within that circle of returning laser light, scientists should get a return signal.

Of the Many that are reflected back to Earth in an area about 10 miles in diameter, often only a single photon is recorded as a return signal.

$.02

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Again, I no longer am a HB. I'm just stating the truth.

As frustrating it might be for you twisting factoids does not make the case, no matter what your stance.

I'm not frustrated, more like amazed. You never answered my question about the bootprints. How did they get there ? Please provide independently verified evidence of any unmanned mission that placed the mirrors at tranquility bay.

Thre is a ton of independent verification of 2 simple, undeniable facts.

1) The apollo missions brought back moon rocks
2) The apollo missions left mirrors on the moon

as far as independent verification, the rocks have been studied around the world, and many organizations around the world use the data from the lunar laser range finder experiment.

that's proof we were there. We brought something back, and left something behind. This is tangible, physical, credible evidence.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
Humans have been to the moon.

I just think the history of that is more complicated then we the common man are lead to believe...

Why have we not been back?

Or have we?...

So many questions...

"Informed " people say: "If there were aliens on the moon, wouldnt the astronauts have said so?"

Those "informed" people are actually misinformed...the astronauts have said their peace...(some of them...) the rest...we are waiting for them to speak up...(before they die...)

That is just it, there are so few humans that have been to the moon, that we almost have to rely on what they said...

We are on the cusp of the next phase of human exploration...the COMMERCIAL side of exploration...maybe that will reveal to the public more than those with the power to reach the moon previously have held close to thier chest...

Well, the reason we haven't been back is that it was extremely dangerous when we went before. NASA has updated their safety protocols so if those new protocols were in place when we first were going to the moon, the rocket never would have lifted off.
For example, the lander had problems and everyone knew it. When the astronauts were going to lift off the moon, they were told they had a 50-50 chance of the module actually working. If it failed, and they couldn't fix it, they would have died on the moon. In fact, the switch they needed to flip to get off the moon, broke. I believe it was ultimately fixed by Armstrong with a pen !

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Well actually its GREAT proof because someone had to put the reflector on the moon.

Here's how the reflector works:

The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. It consists of a series of corner-cube reflectors, which are a special type of mirror with the property of always reflecting an incoming light beam back in the direction it came from.
These reflectors can be illuminated by laser beams aimed through large telescopes on Earth. The reflected laser beam is also observed with the telescope, providing a measurement of the round-trip distance between Earth and the Moon. This is the only Apollo experiment that is still returning data from the Moon.
Many of these measurements have been made by McDonald Observatory in Texas. From 1969 to 1985, they were made on a part-time basis using the McDonald Observatory 107-inch telescope. Since 1985, these observations have been made using a dedicated 30-inch telescope. Additional measurements have been made by observatories in Hawaii, California, France, Australia, and Germany.
Laser beams are used because they remain tightly focused for large distances. Nevertheless, there is enough dispersion of the beam that it is about 7 kilometers in diameter when it reaches the Moon and 20 kilometers in diameter when it returns to Earth. Because of this very weak signal, observations are made for several hours at a time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So are all these observatories lying? Falsifying data? etc..

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join