It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Evidently he deleted his hateful, expletive-laden tweet against POTUS. Preserving evidence, lol

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

anybody who really wanted to give an honest description of people who just committed assault and battery, would never say “redneck”. they would just say white. and this is not a ghetto neighborhood, this is a very nice neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.cnn.com...

Investigators have video of Smollett entering the hotel after the alleged attack with what appears to be a noose around his neck, Guglielmi said.
Police are in possession of the rope and the sweater Smollett was wearing on the night of the attack and are testing the substance, according to Guglielmi.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

When people like him can't find a story to drive their narrative, there's only one thing left to do. Fabricate. Unfortunately there's enough idiots out there to believe and push this story.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
At this point there are only 2 explanations that make any sense:

(1) The whole incident is a hoax from start to finish.

(2) The beatdown stems from an incident that occurred at some gay bar or nightclub Smollett had been to that night.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There are various degrees of fracturing. I've had a "green-stick" fracture that only one particular motion produced searing pain, otherwise it was just sore. I have a high-tolerance also, so ymmv.

I still think there's too much not adding up. Walked right by security and didn't bother to mention, "hey, I just got mugged/lunched out there"? Kept wearing the noose instead of ripping it free immediately when able? Didn't mention the MAGA comments to police initially? But remembered in time to tell the media? I think that'd be a detail that stuck out to me. I've heard of the Empire show, probably via commercial during games or something, but I couldn't tell you the slightest thing about it or recognize anyone on the cast. This guy happens to run into hateful MAGA rednecks with a ready made noose and "bleach/something" at 2am in Chicago who recognize him as an actor AND know he's gay? And he's out of frame for 60 seconds at the only time available for the assault and noone else is seen on the same side of the street? And these guys who deeply hate him/blacks/gays/whoever, can get a noose around him in combat, but are so limp-wristed they can only slap him around, and other than minor cuts or scrapes (and maybe a rib injury) he is completely unharmed? He's on the phone during the assault and they aren't smart/strong enough to take the phone from him? After getting a noose on him? And the victim is uncooperative with police when they attempt to verify the story by looking at the phone?

A bunch of little things seem off. Could still be legitimate, because people do strange things in shock and there are some awful people out there, but there is so much "oddness" all around this, and little in the way of substantiation, that I have a problem accepting this at face value (based only on what's been released).

Seems to me if we're dealing with the sort of people who hate someone/a group of someones enough to carry around a noose and chemical at night to toss on them if they happen to run into them (or plan an attack on them), they probably don't stop the beating in under 60 seconds and let the guy get away with no major injuries. I imagine that sort of freak show would leave him in a world of hurt. Black eye? Broken nose? That'd be tough on an actor. Sort of reminds me of the Anchorman scene with the "no touching of the hair or face". This would be a lot more believable if he had major injuries and was found or he escaped sprinting from the alley to the doorman/anyone for help.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol, he kep the rope around his neck for 45 minutes until the police arrived to 'preserve the evidence'.. bwahahahahahaha.
He didn;t hand over his phone to the police, instead he wants to 'gather the evidence' himself and then send it to the police later. Er, yeah, right.

What a liar.

Lets take this all one step further. We are talking about Chicago where whites are the minority, so it would be really really strange for a couple of white supremacist homophobic asses to go there to randomly target a black person, much less even know if they were gay. This is looking more and more like there was a reason he was targeted and as some suggest it might have been a lovers spat.

Add in " this is MAGA country" and of course that means racist and homophobic... It was nice of the attackers to identify themselves so we know where to look and put blame. I'm sure ANTIFA would have said "this is ANTIFA country!!" too.

edit on 1-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Lol, he kep the rope around his neck for 45 minutes until the police arrived to 'preserve the evidence'.. bwahahahahahaha.
He didn;t hand over his phone to the police, instead he wants to 'gather the evidence' himself and then send it to the police later. Er, yeah, right.

What a liar.

Lets take this all one step further. We are talking about Chicago where whites are the minority, so it would be really really strange for a couple of white supremacist homophobic asses to go there to randomly target a black person, much less even know if they were gay. This is looking more and more like there was a reason he was targeted and as some suggest it might have been a lovers spat.

Add in " this is MAGA country" and of course that means racist and homophobic... It was nice of the attackers to identify themselves so we know where to look and put blame. I'm sure ANTIFA would have said "this is ANTIFA country!!" too.

That's not accurate. The mix really depends on where you are in Chicago and the surrounding area:

The racial composition of Chicago (based on the results of the 2010 census) is 45% White (31.7% non-Hispanic White), 32.9% Black, 5.5% Asian, 2.7% from two or more races, 0.5% American Indian. In addition, 13.4% are from another race. For comparison, the population of Illinois as a whole is 71.5% White and 14.5% black.Dec 27, 2018

There area he was at is pretty affluent and pretty nice. Make of that what you will.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
That's not accurate. The mix really depends on where you are in Chicago and the surrounding area:

Once again do you see two guys even in that area going around with a clothesline rope and a bottle of bleach looking for a lone black person to put the MAGA hate on?

The racial composition of Chicago (based on the results of the 2010 census) is 45% White (31.7% non-Hispanic White), 32.9% Black, 5.5% Asian, 2.7% from two or more races, 0.5% American Indian. In addition, 13.4% are from another race. For comparison, the population of Illinois as a whole is 71.5% White and 14.5% black.Dec 27, 2018

There area he was at is pretty affluent and pretty nice. Make of that what you will.

We are not talking some outback town full of rednecks that see a black stranger come into their town..all 1970s like. To be honest I would accept the story more if the "this is MAGA country " wasn't added in...who says crap like that...lol And that is the icing on his cake...poor guy MAGA people were after him, orange man bad!!... instant outrage on the left and huge sympathy for him being a victim of the orange man.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What a liar.

The area he was in is called Streeterville is probably 95% white and that is being generous. It is right off Michigan Avenue (basically like Rodeo drive in Chicago) and very affluent. You may occasionally see some urban outdoorsmen (homeless) around, but by in large, the area is very safe and quiet.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Once again do you see two guys even in that area going around with a clothesline rope and a bottle of bleach looking for a lone black person to put the MAGA hate on?

We are not talking some outback town full of rednecks that see a black stranger come into their town..all 1970s like. To be honest I would accept the story more if the "this is MAGA country " wasn't added in...who says crap like that...lol And that is the icing on his cake...poor guy MAGA people were after him, orange man bad!!... instant outrage on the left and huge sympathy for him being a victim of the orange man.

This is what makes it so unbelievable. Downtown Chicago is about as blue/democrat as they come. I mean the whole damn city has severe TDS.

The vast majority of people who would be brazen enough to beat his ass and yell MAGA country wouldn't be caught dead in Chicago at 2am. If this happened in the exburbs say like down in Joilet or middle of the state, then it would be far more believable.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
That's why I'm accusing TMZ of peddling fake news. The whole incident, start to finish, sounds like
something a C-grade Hollywood writer would think is believable.

Say, the type of writer who might wind up writing articles for a trashy tabloid TV show and website...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

These types of people aren't mentally stable. They always need drama, there's something wrong with them. Be normal dude, live your life, have fun. You shouldn't need anger to keep you happy.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The area he was in is called Streeterville is probably 95% white and that is being generous. It is right off Michigan Avenue (basically like Rodeo drive in Chicago) and very affluent. You may occasionally see some urban outdoorsmen (homeless) around, but by in large, the area is very safe and quiet.

For me, this makes it even more unrealistic for this to happen there. Typically you would not see this type of event in affluent areas because the people there are....affluent

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells
TMZ just released this, it cleared up some confusion for me.

www.google.com...

Lol, he kept the rope around his neck for 45 minutes until the police arrived to 'preserve the evidence'.. bwahahahahahaha.
He didn't hand over his phone to the police, instead he wants to 'gather the evidence' himself and then send it to the police later. Er, yeah, right.

What a liar.

Same thing I was thinking. Who the hell would keep a rope around their neck? That guy needs a psych evaluation.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have a personal theory that he will not hand his phone and/or phone records over for analysis because this is a scam, and he is working with certain Democratic politicians from California to get a new "anti-lynching" bill passed, while at the same time degrading Trump and his supporters. One of these politicians just announced they are running for President....

Couple that with this guy having an album coming out next month and Empire's ratings going in the toilet, we have a motive.
edit on 1-2-2019 by PokeyJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
Couple that with this guy having an album coming out next month and Empire's ratings going in the toilet, we have a motive.

I was about to ask about Empire's ratings. I saw an ad for this show once, on a TV in a restaurant, but I've never watched it. How is it doing? Does it make sense that they might try a stunt like this this in the hopes of increasing interest in the show?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I saw a chart of their ratings yesterday. When they debuted in 2015 or whatever they were around a 5.4 rating. They are now at around a 1.4 rating.....so yeah, definitely not as popular as it used to be.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I saw a chart of their ratings yesterday. When they debuted in 2015 or whatever they were around a 5.4 rating. They are now at around a 1.4 rating.....so yeah, definitely not as popular as it used to be.

That's a pretty major decline. I wouldn't be surprised if the show is danger of getting cancelled.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

That's a pretty major decline. I wouldn't be surprised if the show is danger of getting cancelled.

Sounds like a great time for an emotional viral marketing campaign to boost ratings. Oh, and if they can trash the president and those that support him at the same time, then double fun!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I was just pointing out the actual demographics. Chicago varies greatly in racial composition depending on the area and city. As a visitor to Chicago often, I Love downtown but I wouldn't be caught dead in some other parts of town. That's coming from someone who grew up in Detroit, you see the bad spots of town pretty easy.

The Story doesn't add up to me. The biggest leap of faith is that 1.) White Bigots would even recognize him as a star of almost totally Black show and cast and even know this nobody actor was gay as well. It takes a certain kind of Bigot to be that focused on a relatively nobody actor, the imaginary type IMO.
and
2.)That they would have the tools on them to "Lynch" someone when a historical cold wave is about to happen. As Edumakated said, that area of town is pretty Lilly White, I didn't want to say it as I'm not I'm not a Chicago resident. Pretty bad hunting area for a lynching IMO. Bigot 1: "Hey I gots me an idea, let's go lynch somebody at 2AM when it it damn cold in downtown Chicago where there are surveillance cameras everywhere". Bigot 2: "Sounds good. Let me go get my Itty bitty rope and bottle of bleach I keep in my car for emergencies like this. I've got matching ski masks too".

It's a stretch to believe all that.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join