It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is Transitioning into a Full Blown Nancy-State

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I know many an excellent exponent of the noble art of piss taking....sadly I'm not one of them, which is pretty much self-evident.....but I do have my moments.

Come, now - no need to be modest.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's like all the accounts of people being investigated for flying the England or Union flags.

I live in an area with a lot of Poles and a lot of Muslims. There are untold Polish shops and cafes and a massive mosque. We also have the Union Flag flying outside the town hall alongside a stone pulpit with a cross on it, we had a nativity in the library, a builders yard flying all the home nation flags and help for heroes banners, and - when the footie is on - more England flags than you can count. Is anyone bothered? Nope.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Aphorism

I've never, ever said everything is alright in the UK because it isn't.....never has been.

Just saying that I keep on seeing all these stories about the intrusive nature of the UK nanny state yet I've never witnessed any of it and I don't know anyone who has.

Do you?

And as for the comment about taking the piss being a lost art form; it isn't, I assure you.
I know many an excellent exponent of the noble art of piss taking....sadly I'm not one of them, which is pretty much self-evident.....but I do have my moments.

Not personally, but it's not like the press is reporting on nothing.

I suppose they should take a peak in the pubs and get their info regarding the affairs of their country from the blokes therein.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Harry Miller, 53, from Lincoln was contacted on Wednesday by a community cohesion officer following a complaint that had been made about the plant and machinery dealer’s social media posts.

From the original article. People make it sound like the guy had his door kicked in by armed Police and slammed up in a cell.

In fact he was contacted by a Muppett who had "been on a course". What bothers me is:

1. Why are we paying for Community Cohesion Officers (never heard of such a thing before) when we badly need more Coppers.
2. Why are we sending them on these stupid courses (please sack those responsible)
3. How is this a limerick when it doesn't even bloody rhyme?

He was investigated for social media posts. I don't think anyone has exaggerated this point, nor do they need to, because being investigated for social media posts is bad enough.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

There's quite a few St George's Cross's flying around the town where I live.
Seen lots more on my frequent travels.
Seen quite a few Saltires as well.

Only issue I ever heard about was a mate of mine who'd attached a St George's Cross to a short, wall mounted flagpole outside his flat.
The council made him take it down as it apparently infringed some local Health and Safety Regulation as he hadn't sought permission and they hadn't carried out a full Risk Assessment, or something like that.

He's since moved.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
bye bye les.....

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I suppose they should take a peak in the pubs and get their info regarding the affairs of their country from the blokes therein.

You'd certainly get a better reflection of what the ordinary, everyday people think doing that rather than relying on MSM who are serving an agenda.

But then again, who gives a toss what the PEOPLE actually think and experience?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You'd certainly get a better reflection of what the ordinary, everyday people think doing that rather than relying on MSM who are serving an agenda.

But then again, who gives a toss what the PEOPLE actually think and experience?

The guy in the article was a regular guy. But then again, who gives a toss?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain at this point a meteor is about to wipe out all life on earth soon and they are just letting shxt go crazy for fun.

Otherwise there will be a 4th reich - all of the pieces that led to the last one are almost in place.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've been thinking about visiting the UK... might take a trip to York. I guess it's best to leave my Union Jack briefs at home. : ( Doesn't sound to safe with the thought police running about.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Recently, Humberside police in the UK investigated docker Harry Miller for retweeting a limerick about transgenderism. Though in fact not a limerick, the offensive material goes as follows (UK members, avert your eyes):

Your breasts are made of silicone
Your vagina goes nowhere
And we can tell the difference
Even when you are not there
Your hormones are synthetic
And let's just cross this bridge
What you have, you stupid man
Is male privilege.

He never expressed the poem himself, but he was nonetheless investigated for “liking and promoting it”.

Following a complaint regarding Miller’s reprehensible actions, PC Mansoor Gul, an inquisitor playing the part of “community cohesion officer”, described to Miller the thoughts he’s supposed to have regarding this topic:

“I’ve been on a course and what you need to understand is that you can have a foetus with a female brain that grows male body parts and that’s what a transgender person is.”

Why is it it that “what you need to understand”, lest you be convicted of wrong-think, is almost always utter piffle? The truth rarely needs defense from censorship, but dogma and claptrap certainly do.

Miller’s tweet-crime was investigated as a “hate incident”. The victim of the supposed hate incident, the complainant, remains unknown to him, but we can assume she is out there somewhere monitoring twitter for other deviations from his orthodoxy. Either way, at least according to PC Gul, the mere claim of being a victim of a hate incident is enough for police to investigate the accused. Of course, the real victim here is Miller.

Commissar Gul told the Telegraph that none of Miller’s Twitter activity was in fact criminal, but the poem is “the kind of thing that upsets the transgender community”. He warned Miller that if it escalates, police will have to take further action. This is the UK in 2019.

So while the UK transitions from member of the EU into a sovereign nation, it does so while submitting itself to its own hormone therapy, helping it transition into a full-blown Nancy state.

Man investigated by police for retweeting transgender limerick

So you're so triggered that the UK police, *gaap", I can hardly believe I'm going to even write these words, investigated an incident, there, I said it, because they investigated that incident, you got so upset you needed to start this thread? I'd understand if it was recorded as a hate crime, it wasn't so it's a bit of a non thread really...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I've been thinking about visiting the UK... might take a trip to York. I guess it's best to leave my Union Jack briefs at home. : ( Doesn't sound to safe with the thought police running about.

You can wear what you like. I often wear my kilt when I'm on a raiding party into England...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

I would have to say Anarchy in the UK is in Order Here , and never mind the Bullocks !

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
One of my favourite songs.
I don't know what all the fuss is about, someone complained to the cops and a support officer phoned the guy up. Hardly a big deal. More ridiculous is the person who made the complaint, and it is only ever online like people search twitter and fb looking for things to be offended about. I don't know anyone like that in real life.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SarahConnor

I have friends on both side of the Trans debate, one transitioning just now and I bet none of them would be offended by the ditty.
edit on 31/1/19 by djz3ro because: Cut down on the bumf...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
People seem to get offended to easily these days, I wouldn't want to go back to the hateful days of the 70's and 80's when LGBT people were beaten up, but I respect the right of people to hold any opinion and express it, even if it is hurtful.
The digital communications act is a bit extreme but I don't grossly offend people online so I imagine I'll never have a knock at my door.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

In this weather if you were running around in your briefs you would probably be locked up for your own safety.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You can wear what you like. I often wear my kilt when I'm on a raiding party into England...

Even when it's brass monkey weather like now?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SarahConnor
a reply to: djz3ro
People seem to get offended to easily these days, I wouldn't want to go back to the hateful days of the 70's and 80's when LGBT people were beaten up, but I respect the right of people to hold any opinion and express it, even if it is hurtful.
The digital communications act is a bit extreme but I don't grossly offend people online so I imagine I'll never have a knock at my door.

I swear there are people who make a profession of being offended.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
I don't ever really get offended, sticks n stones n all that. Someone called me a scrounging single parent the other day, I was like meh, I'll be back to work after surgery next month wiping the bums of their grandparents and paying tax again.
Offended isn't a thing with me, just words, who cares, and why do they care?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join