It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is Transitioning into a Full Blown Nancy-State

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
usa reply to: oldcarpy

Yes I do, I just thought you were serious, sorry for taking you wrong

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ohhh look another let’s annoy the Brits thread....

I get fed of of these threads, they always feel deliberately antagonistic, feel like you’re just trying to trigger bits with this bollocks.

I live hear, we do not live in a “Nancy state”like every where we have imperfect laws that sometimes though up some weird stuff.

Also no crime was committed, a complaint was made, they investigated and concluded no crime and just called it a hate incident which doesn’t really mean much, it’s just a label the police use for recording these kind of incidents.

Our police should not waste their time recording "hate incidents". We have free speech laws and it seems increasingly that "hate speech" laws are infringing on them.

Things like stabbings, robberies, rapes etc. have started to grow thanks to our beloved Prime Minister's ruinous time as Home Secretary, but apparently they have the manpower to deal with trivialities like this.
edit on -060008am1kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

No worries - easily done - especially with a sarcastic old sod like me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

No worries - easily done - especially with a sarcastic old sod like me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Just from reading the papers alone, it makes me wonder if taking the piss is a lost art in Britain.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Things like stabbings, robberies, rapes etc. have started to grow thanks to our beloved Prime Minister's ruinous time as Home Secretary

Not a great fan of May, but just interested to know how this is all her fault?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Things like stabbings, robberies, rapes etc. have started to grow thanks to our beloved Prime Minister's ruinous time as Home Secretary

She was the one who implemented the police cuts, leading to 20,000 less police officers in the country. She also prioritised things like cyber-security and saying bad things over things like stabbings and organised crime. Easier I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Weakness rules them now, it's all down hill from here.

You may test that assumption personally, at your convenience.

I hope your medical coverage is exemplary.
edit on 30-1-2019 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Just from reading the papers alone,.....

Therein lies the problem for many; they read the papers and listen to MSM and formulate their opinion ignoring countless first hand testaments that may offer completely different perspectives.

..... it makes me wonder if taking the piss is a lost art in Britain.

I assure you it isn't.

I will be going to the greatest of British institutions in a couple of hours or so - the local pub - and the art of 'taking the piss' will be in evidence for everyone to see.
As will another favourite pastime; voicing one's opinion - no matter how politically incorrect and in disregard for any unfortunate snowflakes that may be in the vicinity - on anything and everything.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism

Just from reading the papers alone, it makes me wonder if taking the piss is a lost art in Britain.

No it isn't and whats it to you anyway, pokenose?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hmmm guy on the internet promises everything is alright vs. verifiable instances of people getting investigated for tweets. I might stick with the papers on this one.
edit on 30-1-2019 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

She was the one who implemented the police cuts, leading to 20,000 less police officers in the country. She also prioritised things like cyber-security and saying bad things over things like stabbings and organised crime. Easier I guess.

Very loudly seconded. She was (and still is) utterly useless.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Tabloids vs Actual Direct Experience and tabloids win? Who's taking the piss now?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

OK, I'll give you that. No one else willing to step up to the plate while Brexit looms.

Bet you after Brexit we will see any number of backstabbing slimy toads after her job, though.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Tabloids vs Actual Direct Experience and tabloids win? Who's taking the piss now?

Yeah the guy in the article was an old sod like yourself and he seemed pretty surprised as well. It’s almost like he had no bloody clue until the cops were at his door.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Oh yeah. I'd forgotten that. Trust you to come back with your....facts and...statistics.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Not cops - Community Cohesion Officer - ie. Muppett.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A CCO has no authority. Plus they were on the phone, not at the door. Tell them to # off and hang up the phone, job done.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Harry Miller, 53, from Lincoln was contacted on Wednesday by a community cohesion officer following a complaint that had been made about the plant and machinery dealer’s social media posts.

From the original article. People make it sound like the guy had his door kicked in by armed Police and slammed up in a cell.

In fact he was contacted by a Muppett who had "been on a course". What bothers me is:

1. Why are we paying for Community Cohesion Officers (never heard of such a thing before) when we badly need more Coppers.
2. Why are we sending them on these stupid courses (please sack those responsible)
3. How is this a limerick when it doesn't even bloody rhyme?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I've never, ever said everything is alright in the UK because it isn't.....never has been.

Just saying that I keep on seeing all these stories about the intrusive nature of the UK nanny state yet I've never witnessed any of it and I don't know anyone who has.

Do you?

And as for the comment about taking the piss being a lost art form; it isn't, I assure you.
I know many an excellent exponent of the noble art of piss taking....sadly I'm not one of them, which is pretty much self-evident.....but I do have my moments.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join