It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is Transitioning into a Full Blown Nancy-State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That doctor needs to get slapped and have the 'dumb' taken out of his head

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

That makes sense. I was going to ask "What's a Nancy state?"

Ummm...it’s when a flock of emasculates...gather together in their wigs and flap their nutlets sacks in the public’s general direction...

You know...otherwise known as Parliament...

A veritable murder of Nancy boys...doth a Nancy State make...qouth the raving...

YouSir
edit on 29-1-2019 by YouSir because: an I was lacking...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Ah I see. More broad brush strokes. So just because I think this petty scare tactic of taking anecdotal stories & attempting to apply them to an entire group of people (or in this case, a country) while drumming up fear is transparent as all get out, now I'm authoritarian? Ugh, so at what age does the world become entirely black and white? Cause I may not want to live to be an age where that happens. Stay harshly polarized brother.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well, I'm not sure about that. From the same article:

A popular transsexual blogger who believes men can’t become women is due to appear in court in March following allegations over a conversation on Twitter made by another Mermaids campaigner.

[Mermaids is a tax-payer funded transgender charity]

Well... what i mean is, the one making the rules and laws regarding 'hate crime' are the nancy's and that community of people are the nancy's also.. but what do we expect?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

That makes sense. I was going to ask "What's a Nancy state?"

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Ah I see. More broad brush strokes. So just because I think this petty scare tactic of taking anecdotal stories & attempting to apply them to an entire group of people (or in this case, a country) while drumming up fear is transparent as all get out, now I'm authoritarian? Ugh, so at what age does the world become entirely black and white? Cause I may not want to live to be an age where that happens. Stay harshly polarized brother.

Give the OP a read. The anecdote is about the treatment of a British citizen by the government and the police—you know, the ones in power vs the ones not in power. Note how I am able to distinguish between the two and you're not. Note how you brought up political factions and I did not. You're already trapped in your black and white world, brother.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Now do you believe the police should investigate a person for retweeting the poem in the OP?

Nah. But I think it happens here too. We have toddles getting kicked out of preschool for pointing fingers, FFS. I was just triggered by your "Nancy State" click bait. It reminded me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" character, Frank Barone, always calling Ray and Robert "nancies"! LOL But also, Nancy Pelosi is a the new alph female of the day, so there's that.

I was just taking the piss out of my British brethren, assuming they can still take a joke. I'm glad to hear you can handle it. Apparently others can't.

Everyone could use a little insensitivity training.

Is this insensitive?

Hate incident or crime?

edit on 29-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Now do you believe the police should investigate a person for retweeting the poem in the OP?

Nah. But I think it happens here too. We have toddles getting kicked out of preschool for pointing fingers, FFS. I was just triggered by your "Nancy State" click bait. It reminded me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" character, Frank Barone, always calling Ray and Robert "nancies"! LOL But also, Nancy Pelosi is a the new alph female of the day, so there's that.

I was just taking the piss out of my British brethren, assuming they can still take a joke. I'm glad to hear you can handle it. Apparently others can't.

Everyone could use a little insensitivity training.

Is this insensitive?

Hate incident or crime?

Ha no. Orthodox opinions are the last opinions that need protecting from the authorities.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
EDITED AS I HAVE CALMED DOWN AND AM CHOOSING TO KEEP MY OPINION TO MYSELF NOW IN THIS SITUATION

edit on 30/1/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yawn, another sky is falling thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh settle down.
You hammer trump and the right every chance you get.
Quid pro quo

Sorry I forgot it’s ok to bash us because we say bad things about orange man

Grow up!

Fix doctor who and we'll talk

Jesus, baby steps man.

Who's gone, been gone for a few years. Time to move on.

Yeah, you're right.
I apologize.

Who is this who person ?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Yes, plus Brit-bashing and general insulting silliness.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
A man gives what amounts to an opinion and he's investigated and its labeled as a "hate incident" and you dont think theres anything wrong with it. Okay, enjoy your fascism. Nancy indeed.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I see stories like this with increasing regularity.

No matter which way you look at them they are ridiculous.

Yet this Snowflake, PC driven world bears no resemblance whatsoever to the country I live in and the people I encounter.
I feel perfectly free to speak as I wish, whenever I wish....and I frequently do.
I still see people regularly taking part in the great British art of 'Taking the Piss'.

I don't know where this Britain that is governed by the politically correct snowflakes is.....its certainly nowhere near me and the world I move in.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The rules and laws dont apply to all...

It's wrong to scold a trans person. Person of color, or a person their illegally.

You cannot criticize those people

Save your criticism for a white male, then you can go all out with zero repercussions.

So sick of these losers of the world...they are such a small percentage, but tell and complain so loud

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

how about the winners of the world?

www.youtube.com...

good old marmaduke duke skin the mofos!

f

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What is it with Americans coming on here and lecturing us?

They should try and sort out things at home, they have enough problems of their own. Mostly of their own making.

Anyway, it's a crap limerick and the guy deserves to be jailed and I hope they throw away the key. Bloody thing does not even rhyme.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

a reply to: okrian

Give the OP a read. The anecdote is about the treatment of a British citizen by the government and the police—you know, the ones in power vs the ones not in power. Note how I am able to distinguish between the two and you're not. Note how you brought up political factions and I did not. You're already trapped in your black and white world, brother.

But he was not treated by "the government" at any stage - the Govt was never even involved in this so get real.

This was a snowflake "Community Cohesion Officer" (please get rid of them and replace with proper Coppers) who had "been on a course". You get jumped up little dicks like that all over the world. No crime was found to be committed.

If this was the US the perp would probably been pepper sprayed and shot in the face.

Get over it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

They should try and sort out things at home, they have enough problems of their own. Mostly of their own making.

Anyway, it's a crap limerick and the guy deserves to be jailed and I hope they throw away the key. Bloody thing does not even rhyme.

I see Brits on here every day bashing America, and you have a problem with us talking about Britts? You wanting this man jailed for an opinion? well I would like to see you jailed for wanting that and they can throw away the key.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I see Brits on here every day bashing America, and you have a problem with us talking about Britts? You wanting this man jailed for an opinion? well I would like to see you jailed for wanting that and they can throw away the key.

You really don't have a sense of humour at all, do you?

Try reading my post again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join