It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is Transitioning into a Full Blown Nancy-State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

This one is a hoot. The definition of woman is hate speech! lmao

]]]

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I just coined the phrase

Why did you pick "nancy" as an adjective? If you're using a definition of "nancy" as being an effeminate man, are you in essence saying the UK is "so gay"? Are you using the image of a gay man (a nancy) as an insult to the UK?

I get the poem in question was about someone's repugnancy to transsexuals, but for the government to investigate a complaint, how does that make the government a "gay/effeminate man", and not a nanny/babysitter?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes. The woman puts the Google definition of woman on a billboard and she is accused of representing a hate group. This is our world.

A billboard poster bearing the Google definition of the word "woman" has been removed after it was accused of being part of a transphobic campaign.

Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull told the BBC she paid £700 to have "woman, wʊmən, noun, adult human female" put up.

But it was removed after an LGBT activist complained Ms Keen-Minshull's campaign represented a "hate group".

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I just coined the phrase

Why did you pick "nancy" as an adjective? If you're using a definition of "nancy" as being an effeminate man, are you in essence saying the UK is "so gay"? Are you using the image of a gay man (a nancy) as an insult to the UK?

I get the poem in question was about someone's repugnancy to transsexuals, but for the government to investigate a complaint, how does that make the government a "gay/effeminate man", and not a nanny/babysitter?

It was a joke, and yes it was meant to be insulting.

Are you just word-policing? or do you have any actual argument?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I just think that it's ironic that you refer to governmental overreach as an effeminate emanation of the state, calling it a "nancy state", while a very famous "Nancy", Nancy Pelosi has just emasculated THE alpha male blow hard here in the US.

So, if you were to define a "nancy state" as a submissive state, dominated by an authoritarian female influence, I could get behind that!

After all, the Brits do have a Queen!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I just think that it's ironic that you refer to governmental overreach as an effeminate emanation of the state, calling it a "nancy state", while a very famous "Nancy", Nancy Pelosi has just emasculated THE alpha male blow hard here in the US.

So, if you were to define a "nancy state" as a submissive state, dominated by an authoritarian female influence, I could get behind that!

After all, the Brits do have a Queen!

I'm not sure you know what irony is. But that's an interesting connection you're making there.

Now do you believe the police should investigate a person for retweeting the poem in the OP?

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Now do you believe the police should investigate a person for retweeting the poem in the OP?

Nah. But I think it happens here too. We have toddlers getting kicked out of preschool for pointing fingers, FFS. I was just triggered by your "Nancy State" click bait. It reminded me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" character, Frank Barone, always calling Ray and Robert "nancies"! LOL But also, Nancy Pelosi is a the new alph female of the day, so there's that.

edit on 29-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

edit on 29-1-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That's actually kind of funny lol. Funny in that it's a poem about the truth. Like I said in another thread, OrthoSpeak is the new "normal." The resultant outcome of any thought or action, is orthogonal to the speech or stated intent.

Long live the New Ignorance! (not)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Nah. But I think it happens here too. We have toddles getting kicked out of preschool for pointing fingers, FFS. I was just triggered by your "Nancy State" click bait. It reminded me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" character, Frank Barone, always calling Ray and Robert "nancies"! LOL But also, Nancy Pelosi is a the new alph female of the day, so there's that.

I was just taking the piss out of my British brethren, assuming they can still take a joke. I'm glad to hear you can handle it. Apparently others can't.

Everyone could use a little insensitivity training.
edit on 29-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Every day proves Frank Zappa more and more right. He had the idea of "total criminalization' meaning to make everyone a criminal by creating laws for everything. We have arrived at the surreal world of joe's garage. Cy Borg is real and works in a brothel and we all know the Central Scrutinizer better as "Google".
edit on 29-1-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What an embarrassment to my country.

You know a few years back I was living in a ground floor apartment and the people above me had gone on holiday. Whilst they were away I heard noises from their flat above, furniture moving, thuds, etc... I called the police. They told me I would actually have to see the burglary taking place for them to send a car out to investigate because they get too many hoax calls.

Now they investigate people who like a tweet. It's no wonder they have no resources for actual crime.

edit on 29/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Another day at ATS, another anecdotal story being used to paint using broad brush strokes by a slew of right wing whiners. Using old-man pejoratives no less. Color me not surprised in the least.

Carry on with your fear of the UK, fem-like dudes, or whatever. That hole you're digging just gets deeper and harder to see out of, sadly.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What would Danny La Rue and Dick Emery think of all this??

Why doesnt anyone ask Elton what he thinks about it?

If it wasnt for British humour, we wouldn't have such wonderful songs as....

Ahhh, Ahhh, Drink a Drink a Drink to Lilly the Pink a Pink a Pink,
The Saviour of, the Uman Race,
She Invented, Medicinal compound,
Most efficasious in every case..............

or

Bang, Bang Lulu, Lulu has a bang, bang bang Lulu, lulu bang bang bang,
Lulu has a friend, his name is Tommy Tucker...
Every time eee sees er, eee just wants to........
Bang Bang Lulu......

Sorry, whether anyone like it or not, this is British Culture at its finest.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What would Danny La Rue and Dick Emery think of all this??

Why doesnt anyone ask Elton what he thinks about it?

If it wasnt for British humour, we wouldn't have such wonderful songs as....

Ahhh, Ahhh, Drink a Drink a Drink to Lilly the Pink a Pink a Pink,
The Saviour of, the Uman Race,
She Invented, Medicinal compound,
Most efficasious in every case..............

or

Bang, Bang Lulu, Lulu has a bang, bang bang Lulu, lulu bang bang bang,
Lulu has a friend, his name is Tommy Tucker...
Every time eee sees er, eee just wants to........
Bang Bang Lulu......

Sorry, whether anyone like it or not, this is British Culture at its finest.

And Yeah.....just for the 'ell of it, I repeated it....Alright, Alright!!! Put a Lid on it will ya!!.

edit on 29-1-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Another day at ATS, another anecdotal story being used to paint using broad brush strokes by a slew of right wing whiners. Using old-man pejoratives no less. Color me not surprised in the least.

Carry on with your fear of the UK, fem-like dudes, or whatever. That hole you're digging just gets deeper and harder to see out of, sadly.

Another day in the world, another salty and authoritarian apologist makes excuses for censorship. Put back on your blinders. They look better on you anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You're right in some ways.... that community of people are such cry-babies..... anything they see as an insult gets reported as a hate crime.

The people in charge are the nancy's of this world.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
What an embarrassment to my country.

You know a few years back I was living in a ground floor apartment and the people above me had gone on holiday. Whilst they were away I heard noises from their flat above, furniture moving, thuds, etc... I called the police. They told me I would actually have to see the burglary taking place for them to send a car out to investigate because they get too many hoax calls.

Now they investigate people who like a tweet. It's no wonder they have no resources for actual crime.

Didn't the UK police recently say that they were going to triage their responses, giving preferential treatment to those who speak English as a second language?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well, I'm not sure about that. From the same article:

A popular transsexual blogger who believes men can’t become women is due to appear in court in March following allegations over a conversation on Twitter made by another Mermaids campaigner.

[Mermaids is a tax-payer funded transgender charity]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join