It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is Transitioning into a Full Blown Nancy-State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Propagandalf

a reply to: Propagandalf

No crime was committed though, no law broke, the police just record these as “incidents”it is literally just saying there was a incident where someone felt they were the victim of a hate crime we investigated it, not crime, as such it gets marked down as a hate incident.

Means nothing, stop pretending like the police have just gave this guy jail time or a record because they haven’t.

If you're fine with being investigate by police for retweeting a silly poem then you're a lost cause.

They have to investigate when a member of the public makes a complaint they investigation is literally looking at the tweets, saying yeah not crime, ok recorded as a hate incident, done. They’re not getting computer forensics out to the guys home!

Learn the difference between a hate incident and a hate crime

No, I'm not learning the difference between the UK's nonsensical and puerile thought policing. A man was investigated and questioned by police for liking a tweet.

Let's run an experiment. Allow me to report you for a hate incident.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Yeah, shocking isn't it? But calm down, because if someone makes a complaint to the police they are duty-bound to investigate. Of course we don't know if the complainant was told to stop wasting police time.

PS It's Nanny State.

No, it's Nancy State.

Your opinion is not a fact.

Meh am not going to give you the satisfaction of me bothering to continue to humour this stupid thread.

A Nancy state. I'm coining that phrase, and it suits the UK well.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Lets play your silly game.

I will raise you this.

A Missouri man was arrested for felony assault and faces hate crime charges for reportedly using racial slurs towards an African-American waitress. Tommy Dean Gaa, 65, ordered breakfast at a local business in Maryville, Missouri, on Sunday, where he was waited on by an African-American employee. According to reports, the waitress first asked Gaa if he wanted white or wheat toast, to which the man responded: “I’m prejudiced. I’ll take white.

www.americanow.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Bluntone22

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh settle down.
You hammer trump and the right every chance you get.
Quid pro quo

Sorry I forgot it’s ok to bash us because we say bad things about orange man

Grow up!

Fix doctor who and we'll talk

Jesus, baby steps man.

Who's gone, been gone for a few years. Time to move on.

Yeah, you're right.
I apologize.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
I would laugh at you Brit's.. But then I would be deluding myself into thinking it cant happen here.

You better believe it.......

The thought police will be coming to a precinct near you soooon .....

Snowflakes are all around you!!!!! and the're multiplying.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Lets play your silly game.

I will raise you this.

A Missouri man was arrested for felony assault and faces hate crime charges for reportedly using racial slurs towards an African-American waitress. Tommy Dean Gaa, 65, ordered breakfast at a local business in Maryville, Missouri, on Sunday, where he was waited on by an African-American employee. According to reports, the waitress first asked Gaa if he wanted white or wheat toast, to which the man responded: “I’m prejudiced. I’ll take white.

www.americanow.com...

That's not a raise.

Gaa is accused of confronting the woman on Sunday and grabbing her arm, causing bruising. A probable cause statement says Gaa said, "I have a place I would like to take you where I hung your grandpa" and used racial slurs.

We're talking about being investigated for tweets, and you bring up a legit hate crime.

www.kctv5.com...
edit on 29-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well, it is a crime to think independently of what the government has deemed appropriate.

DEATH TO THE FREE THINKER!

OFF WITH HIS FRONTAL LOBES!
OFF WITH HIS FRONTAL LOBES!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

and you bring up a legit hate crime.

Hang on. You Yamk's keep telling us you don't have a law of Hate Crime in The U.S.

Seems like you do.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There once was a man or trans from Kent....

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh settle down.
You hammer trump and the right every chance you get.
Quid pro quo

Sorry I forgot it’s ok to bash us because we say bad things about orange man

Grow up!

You guys have been walking down this path long before you could attempt to use Angry Orange Man as an excuse.

This is what starts to happen when you try to make laws to prevent people from ever experiencing hurt feelings.

link   

Hang on. You Yamk's keep telling us you don't have a law of Hate Crime in The U.S.

Seems like you do.

Actually we say only white people can be guilty of hate crimes.

link   

Seems like you do.

You compared an assault with racial slurs—hate crime—to a man getting investigated for retweeting a poem. You Brits are lost.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

That makes sense. I was going to ask "What's a Nancy state?"

A Nancy is pejorative meaning effeminate man.

Seems like "nanny state" is more appropriate here. Are you using the term "nancy" because Nancy Pelosi's boot is currently up Trump's ass, turning him into a wimpy nancy man?

edit on 29-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Seems like you do.

He's Canadian, yet all he ever goes on about with this account and his old one, is America/trump other countries! he never gets pulled up like OSOTC though because he is pro Trump.

Funny how ATS works ... go figure.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

That makes sense. I was going to ask "What's a Nancy state?"

A Nancy is pejorative meaning effeminate man.

Are you using the term "nancy" because Nancy Pelosi's boot is currently up Trump's ass, turning into a wimpy nancy man?

?

No. I'm using the term because it's apt and, to me at least, quite funny considering the content of the offensive material.

Are you thinking of Nancy Pelosi because you're unable to get Trump out of your mind?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Seems like you do.

He's Canadian, yet all he ever goes on about with this account and his old one, is America/trump other countries! he never gets pulled up like OSOTC though because he is pro Trump.

That's a lie, but par for the course on ATS.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Seems like you do.

That's a lie, but par for the course on ATS.

Which part is a lie? You're too obvious!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've never heard the term "nancy state". I've heard of government overreach being called a "nanny state". I think you can't get Nancy Pelosi, whose dominating your alpha man Trump right now, out of your head, and your headline is a Freudian slip, showing your resentment of female authority.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I've never heard the term "nancy state". I've heard of government overreach being called a "nanny state". I think you can't get Nancy Pelosi, whose dominating your alpha man Trump right now, out of your head, and your headline is a Freudian slip, showing your resentment of female authority.

I'm glad you haven't heard it before, because I'm fairly certain I just coined the phrase.

What you think has yet to be proven true. Maybe one day.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Learn the difference between a hate incident and a hate crime

You see, as a Brit myself, I don't understand why you're okay with it even being labeled a 'hate incident'. It's a poem in poor taste. He didn't assault anyone either verbally or physically, he didn't share it to a transgender FB page to provoke a reaction, he just randomly retweeted something he thought was funny. Which proves he's a bit dim for sharing it, if he knows anything at all about the current state of affairs in the UK - but nothing else.

It only deserves the moniker 'hate' if it is a willful act of aggression or incitement.

It wasn't.

It should have been correctly labeled as a 'stupidity incident'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join