It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK is Transitioning into a Full Blown Nancy-State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Recently, Humberside police in the UK investigated docker Harry Miller for retweeting a limerick about transgenderism. Though in fact not a limerick, the offensive material goes as follows (UK members, avert your eyes):

Your breasts are made of silicone
Your vagina goes nowhere
And we can tell the difference
Even when you are not there
Your hormones are synthetic
And let's just cross this bridge
What you have, you stupid man
Is male privilege.

He never expressed the poem himself, but he was nonetheless investigated for “liking and promoting it”.

Following a complaint regarding Miller’s reprehensible actions, PC Mansoor Gul, an inquisitor playing the part of “community cohesion officer”, described to Miller the thoughts he’s supposed to have regarding this topic:

“I’ve been on a course and what you need to understand is that you can have a foetus with a female brain that grows male body parts and that’s what a transgender person is.”

Why is it it that “what you need to understand”, lest you be convicted of wrong-think, is almost always utter piffle? The truth rarely needs defense from censorship, but dogma and claptrap certainly do.

Miller’s tweet-crime was investigated as a “hate incident”. The victim of the supposed hate incident, the complainant, remains unknown to him, but we can assume she is out there somewhere monitoring twitter for other deviations from his orthodoxy. Either way, at least according to PC Gul, the mere claim of being a victim of a hate incident is enough for police to investigate the accused. Of course, the real victim here is Miller.

Commissar Gul told the Telegraph that none of Miller’s Twitter activity was in fact criminal, but the poem is “the kind of thing that upsets the transgender community”. He warned Miller that if it escalates, police will have to take further action. This is the UK in 2019.

So while the UK transitions from member of the EU into a sovereign nation, it does so while submitting itself to its own hormone therapy, helping it transition into a full-blown Nancy state.

Man investigated by police for retweeting transgender limerick

edit on 29-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sure if all the brits that fought in world war 2 could see their country today.....they would have just let the nazis have it.

Weakness rules them now, it's all down hill from here.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'm sure if all the brits that fought in world war 2 could see their country today.....they would have just let the nazis have it.

Weakness rules them now, it's all down hill from here.

Looks like the Nazis are already getting it.
edit on 29-1-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
ohhh look another let’s annoy the Brits thread....

I get fed of of these threads, they always feel deliberately antagonistic, feel like you’re just trying to trigger bits with this bollocks.

I live hear, we do not live in a “Nancy state”like every where we have imperfect laws that sometimes though up some weird stuff.

Also no crime was committed, a complaint was made, they investigated and concluded no crime and just called it a hate incident which doesn’t really mean much, it’s just a label the police use for recording these kind of incidents.
edit on 29-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah, shocking isn't it? But calm down, because if someone makes a complaint to the police they are duty-bound to investigate. Of course we don't know if the complainant was told to stop wasting police time.

PS It's Nanny State.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ohhh look another let’s annoy the Brits thread....

I get fed of of these threads, they always feel deliberately antagonistic, feel like you’re just trying to trigger bits with this bollocks.

I live hear, we do not live in a “Nancy state”like ever where we have imperfect laws that sometimes though up some weird stuff.

You're not triggered enough. Get out there and stand up to these draconian laws.

Or, run to the police and claim you're a victim of a hate incident. That seems to be the going rate.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

It's not just the Brits... we are fast going the same way. I've read of a few parents who have reported abuses by transgender students using the girls bathrooms, only to be reported and investigated themselves. Here's just one example:

Education Dept Investigates Allegation: 5-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted by Transgender Boy in School Bathroom

The ADF says the district "retaliated against the student's parent for reporting the sexual harassment" by identifying the mother as the "responsible party" in their referral of the incident to the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.

Thomas says the DFCS investigated her because of the district's report against her.

The principle did nothing about the assault by the transgender student. Apparently, the only crime was reporting the assault... how else could the parent be considered the "responsible party"???

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would laugh at you Brit's.. But then I would be deluding myself into thinking it cant happen here.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No crime was committed though, no law broke, the police just record these as “incidents”it is literally just saying there was a incident where someone felt they were the victim of a hate crime we investigated it, not crime, as such it gets marked down as a hate incident.

Means nothing, stop pretending like the police have just gave this guy jail time or a record because they haven’t.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

That makes sense. I was going to ask "What's a Nancy state?"

link   

No crime was committed though, no law broke, the police just record these as “incidents”it is literally just saying there was a incident where someone felt they were the victim of a hate crime we investigated it, not crime, as such it gets marked down as a hate incident.

Means nothing, stop pretending like the police have just gave this guy jail time or a record because they haven’t.

If you're fine with being investigate by police for retweeting a silly poem then you're a lost cause.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh settle down.
You hammer trump and the right every chance you get.
Quid pro quo

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Yeah, shocking isn't it? But calm down, because if someone makes a complaint to the police they are duty-bound to investigate. Of course we don't know if the complainant was told to stop wasting police time.

PS It's Nanny State.

No, it's Nancy State.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

That makes sense. I was going to ask "What's a Nancy state?"

A Nancy is pejorative meaning effeminate man.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

If you're fine with being investigate by police for retweeting a silly poem then you're a lost cause.

They have to investigate when a member of the public makes a complaint they investigation is literally looking at the tweets, saying yeah not crime, ok recorded as a hate incident, done. They’re not getting computer forensics out to the guys home!

Learn the difference between a hate incident and a hate crime

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Oh settle down.
Quid pro quo

Sorry I forgot it’s ok to bash us because we say bad things about orange man

Grow up!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: paraphi

PS It's Nanny State.

No, it's Nancy State.

Your opinion is not a fact.

Meh am not going to give you the satisfaction of me bothering to continue to humour this stupid thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"Learn the difference between a hate incident and a hate crime."

The assumption that either is real and that there is a "difference" is pretty amusing, and likely part of the problem over there(here as well).

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Oh settle down.
Quid pro quo

Grow up!

Fix doctor who and we'll talk

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Oh settle down.
Quid pro quo

Grow up!

Fix doctor who and we'll talk

Jesus, baby steps man.

Who's gone, been gone for a few years. Time to move on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join