It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is seriously going to have to explain this one to me...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Howdy ATS...

Ok, maybe I haven't had enough coffee today (or maybe too much), but I'm befuddled by this story (yes, I said befuddled). I found the story on Drudge (I know some of you don't like that site, but I find it an interesting news aggregate). It's about 10 children in Tanzania that were kidnapped and have subsequently been found murdered and dismembered. Now the part I don't understand is, and you really have to watch the brief video that is included with it, very short...less than a minute and a half), but all it shows is albino children. I have heard about this before, how albinos in some parts of the world are in constant danger because their bodies and parts thereof are valuable, sort of the human equivalent of ivory to the region I suppose. So when you watch the short clip. literally every child they show is albino, and then they conclude the whole thing by saying that their being albino has nothing to do with the crime.

I don't know, and I certainly don't mean to underpin the tragedy and importance of the story, but I just truthfully don't understand it as it was presented. And what do I do when I don't understand something, why put it on ATS of course to let you bunch of nutbags sort it out.

Peace...
TEP

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 29-1-2019 by TheElectricPriest because: Not Ivy...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Albinos are considered Magical .

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest
Howdy ATS...

Ok, maybe I haven't had enough coffee today (or maybe too much), but I'm befuddled by this story (yes, I said befuddled). I found the story on Drudge (I know some of you don't like that site, but I find it an interesting news aggregate). It's about 10 children in Tanzania that were kidnapped and have subsequently been found murdered and dismembered. Now the part I don't understand is, and you really have to watch the brief video that is included with it, very short...less than a minute and a half), but all it shows is albino children. I have heard about this before, how albinos in some parts of the world are in constant danger because their bodies and parts thereof are valuable, sort of the human equivalent of ivy to the region I suppose. So when you watch the short clip. literally every child they show is albino, and then they conclude the whole thing by saying that their being albino has nothing to do with the crime.

I don't know, and I certainly don't mean to underpin the tragedy and importance of the story, but I just truthfully don't understand it as it was presented. And what do I do when I don't understand something, why put it on ATS of course to let you bunch of nutbags sort it out.

Peace...
TEP

www.foxnews.com...

Some countries are backward sh*tholes and believe something like albinism is a curse... it really isn't much more complicated than that.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Most of the info you need is on Wiki.

Its horrific.

Albinism

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are still tribal savages in Africa. It's not a good place especially if your White, either by design or genetic fault.
edit on 29-1-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Hmmm...ok, firstly, thank you fellow nutbags all, and yes, I meant to say ivory (I'll correct here in a second), but it's not the albinoism (don't know if that's actually a word) that has me confused, it's that the story states EXPLICITLY that it is NOT the albinoism that was a contributing factor in the crime. It just makes no sense...seriously, watch the quick news clip and you'll see what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The news source is biased
This has been going on for some years. Why emphatically deny when it is so apparent ?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Maybe the victims in this case were not albinos because they are not really denying that:

Authorities said the murder and mutilation of the 10 children was not related to the killings of albinos in the country.

Albinos in Tanzania frequently are targeted for abuse because of discrimination and the belief their albinism is the result of their being cursed, according to Amnesty International.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Muti medicine uses body parts of non albino and albino alike. I think where albino is considered more desirable/effective is down to basic supply and demand, ie, albino being rarer, attracts a higher value?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Maybe the victims in this case were not albinos because they are not really denying that:

Authorities said the murder and mutilation of the 10 children was not related to the killings of albinos in the country.

Albinos in Tanzania frequently are targeted for abuse because of discrimination and the belief their albinism is the result of their being cursed, according to Amnesty International.

Roger that...but then why show exclusively albino children (I swear, is no one just watching the damned news clip? For the love of God).

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Who knows? Maybe just a dumb last minute choice?

ETA: I was just commenting on the post saying that albino killings was being denied.
edit on 29-1-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

originally posted by: daskakik

Roger that...but then why show exclusively albino children (I swear, is no one just watching the damned news clip? For the love of God).
Watched it... The last paragraph raised the question. the differentiation didn't seem to be made as your implying. Was it a read between the lines thing? Since the article focus's on albinism and killings for body parts used in 'magic' and rituals.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This has been going on for thousands of years. It's why there are no white people from sub Saharan Africa.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
At any rate it is horrible and the practice beyond despicable. But that is the consensus of the civilized world towards Africa. Right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Maybe they don't want to encourage copycat crimes?

A more cynical view would be to simply cover up the true motives and pretend like albino abuse isn't a problem any more... but it could just be that they don't want to give the crime -- and the murderers -- any publicity so as not to give others any ideas or embolden them if they already have those ideas.

Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I met a couple of albino kids about ten years ago. They may have looked a tad bit different, but they were just the same as any kids are. Into trouble and bugging their parents for candy and chips at the store.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Fresh from the barnyard. Witch Doctors. Seriously so no flag for you as I had to do the work.

www.thecitizen.co.tz...

edit on 29-1-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I watched the video. Now that's just crazy! They constantly show albinos, they constantly harp about albinos, they talk about how much albino parts are worth for muti and then they say it's not because they're albinos. These people are either total idiots or this is another one of those "we'll put it out in your face and see if you fall for our crap" psyops.

It's like progressive/liberal/sjw crazy! You know, where they say they are all inclusive, tolerant and non-violent, but the way they act is non-inclusive, intolerant and violent. It's like a mental disease, orthospeak (orthogonal, inverted in three dimensions) where all actions are orthogonal to all speech or stated intent.

I gotta get off this planet!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

edit on 29-1-2019 by TheElectricPriest because: Whoops...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Dave!!! God bless you man! I thought I was losing my freakin' mind. You are, literally, the only person who seemed to understand what my OP was about. It wasn't about whether or not albinos are being mutilated because they're albinos or why (hence the above 'no flag for you!'), it was why they showed us all those albinos and then ended the montage by saying, this has nothing to do with albinos. Then why did you just have a minute and a half visual presentation of nothing but albinos?! The message was just wholly inconsistent with the content.

Anyway, you have restored my faith in nutbags everywhere...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join