It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN:Hundreds of migrants cross Arizona border after 'several busloads' dropped off in Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You seem to be confused...you apply at the consulate or legal crossing with agents before entering...you know like at a consulate we run in damn near every country...not just jump on in and claim it once your stopped.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: pavil

They were all stopped, though.

Barricades & walls were ineffective.

Border patrol and mobile surveillance were effective.

There wasn't a wall to speak of. For the 3rd time, now that they were caught on US soil, they can try to Claim Asylum and in 2 years if they show up for the court date, we can deport them.

Is your idea of stopping Illegal entry into our Country just catching people after the fact? Basically open borders, is that what you want?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In total, 242 people -- mostly families from Guatemala -- were arrested when Border Patrol agents arrived at the scene after the migrants were detected by a mobile surveillance system. This was one of the largest single groups crossing the Arizona border over the last year, according to Border Patrol, and comes on the heels of other large groups illegally crossing at other parts of the border. Similar to other groups of families, these migrants willingly surrendered to Border Patrol with no attempts to evade or hide from authorities

They are asylum seekers. They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Oh Silly. Except for the part about legally crossing at a point of entry. They just drove up and illegally entered.

Asylum has two basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[4] Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.[5]

Link

You do realize that Aslyum refugee's only are about 10% of the people who immigrate to the US each year, right?

Do you honestly think the vast majority of people trying to enter fit the definition of Asylum. Sure it's a bad country they live in. But that isn't a reason for Asylum. Forget trying to enter legally huh?

Please tell me why you think they qualify as Asylum candidates?

They have to be on US soil to claim asylum.

Did you notice that they all willingly surrendered to the border patrol? Why might that be?

Yes. They ILLEGALLY gained entry to the U.S. by selecting an area with no Barrier to stop their entry.

They know that even if they are here illegally, that by "claiming" asylum they will get to stay in the US for at least 1 1/2 to 2 years, if they show up for their hearing, permanently if they don't show up.

They succeeded. Do you think they are going to be able to claim asylum?

Is this some kind of victory of our immigration policy to you?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You seem to be confused...you apply at the consulate or legal crossing with agents before entering...you know like at a consulate we run in damn near every country...not just jump on in and claim it once your stopped.

You are confusing requesting refugee status and requesting asylum status.

You cannot request asylum from an embassy or outside of US borders.

Please review the differences on the website: Refugees and Asylum - US Citizenship & Immigration Services

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In total, 242 people -- mostly families from Guatemala -- were arrested when Border Patrol agents arrived at the scene after the migrants were detected by a mobile surveillance system. This was one of the largest single groups crossing the Arizona border over the last year, according to Border Patrol, and comes on the heels of other large groups illegally crossing at other parts of the border. Similar to other groups of families, these migrants willingly surrendered to Border Patrol with no attempts to evade or hide from authorities

They are asylum seekers. They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Oh Silly. Except for the part about legally crossing at a point of entry. They just drove up and illegally entered.

Asylum has two basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[4] Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.[5]

Link

You do realize that Aslyum refugee's only are about 10% of the people who immigrate to the US each year, right?

Do you honestly think the vast majority of people trying to enter fit the definition of Asylum. Sure it's a bad country they live in. But that isn't a reason for Asylum. Forget trying to enter legally huh?

Please tell me why you think they qualify as Asylum candidates?

They have to be on US soil to claim asylum.

Did you notice that they all willingly surrendered to the border patrol? Why might that be?

Yes. They ILLEGALLY gained entry to the U.S. by selecting an area with no Barrier to stop their entry.

They know that even if they are here illegally, that by "claiming" asylum they will get to stay in the US for at least 1 1/2 to 2 years, if they show up for their hearing, permanently if they don't show up.

They succeeded. Do you think they are going to be able to claim asylum?

Is this some kind of victory of our immigration policy to you?

Crossing the border, surrendering to the authorities and requesting asylum status, means that they are operating within legal parameters.

They are not illegal, by nature of the international agreements covering asylum seekers, under which the US abides.

If they remain undocumented and no request for asylum is made, they are illegal.

edit on 29/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

They were all stopped, though.

Barricades & walls were ineffective.

Border patrol and mobile surveillance were effective.

There wasn't a wall to speak of. For the 3rd time, now that they were caught on US soil, they can try to Claim Asylum and in 2 years if they show up for the court date, we can deport them.

Is your idea of stopping Illegal entry into our Country just catching people after the fact? Basically open borders, is that what you want?

What I want does not matter in the situation. I am not a US citizen.

I am merely pointing out the specifics of US law.

Your President declared people, who had not entered your country, as illegal. That is prejudicial and a lie.

Now, there are very many repeating the lie, with rabid venom and hatred for people they will probably never ever meet and who will not consume all the jobs, who will not consume all the welfare, who will not all courier in drugs and will not all commit crimes.

You have been whipped into a frenzy about something that, in the majority of cases, is not actually ever likely to be true.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Best. Reply. Ever.
They don’t think things through. They never do.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think Hi-Tech is the way to go. Invest in more border patrol jobs and technology, a wall is archaic and will not do as well in stopping crime, drugs and illegals from coming as would technology spread out across all ports of entry and smuggling routes *imo*.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I think Hi-Tech is the way to go. Invest in more border patrol jobs and technology, a wall is archaic and will not do as well in stopping crime, drugs and illegals from coming as would technology spread out across all ports of entry and smuggling routes *imo*.

Has a barrier worked to stop the flow of immigrants coming into the EU in its South Eastern member states? I just showed you the results in San Diego as well. Yes we need to use all tools available.

What kind of Hi-tech are you talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Your President declared people, who had not entered your country, as illegal. That is prejudicial and a lie.

What are you talking about? There is a legal way to enter the country. If people don't follow those ways, what would you call it?

What country are you from if I may ask?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Technology, automation, robotics...stuff that will put us in the 21st century to combat drugs, crime, illegals etc etc and not just for the southern border but for all ports of entry, smuggling routes etc etc.
edit on 30-1-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

What are you talking about? There is a legal way to enter the country. If people don't follow those ways, what would you call it?

While they were still in the caravan and traveling through Mexico, Trump called them illegals about 60 times.

Think of it this way, if someone called you a pedophile, in the press, repeatedly, because there was a very, very slim possibility that you might actually be a pedo, do you not think that is wrong?

It is quasi-judicial false accusation. It is wrong and illegal and Trump keeps doing it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There are many legal ways to enter the US, not just one.

Crossing the border, surrendering to border patrols and requesting asylum, IS a legal way to enter the country.

I am an Australian citizen. I live in New Zealand. I can commute when I feel like it. My passport is good in both countries.

edit on 30/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Uh no you can't - you can go to a US embassy or Border control station before entering and request asylum, once you step foot in illegally, it's a crime.

I personally know a half dozen people that worked for border patrol and customs, they all say barriers work - IDGAF what any other oppinionhole thinks they know cuz "news".
edit on 30-1-2019 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
Uh no you can't - you can go to a US embassy or Border control station before entering and request asylum, once you step foot in illegally, it's a crime.

I personally know a half dozen people that worked for border patrol and customs, they all say barriers work - IDGAF what any other oppinionhole thinks they know cuz "news".

You cannot seek asylum unless you are standing on US soil. Check out the law.

Opinions aren't the law. You can check out the law online.

I also doubt that you know half a dozen people who worked for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (the correct name for the agency) because they would tell you what the law is.

Since it is unlikely you have actually ever spoken to anyone who has worked in those roles, I'll take your assertion that "they all say the barriers work", as possibly just as imaginary.

edit on 30/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yes, so actually the solution is in deterring them from coming, which a wall will not.

Making it impossible for them to get hired is a good place to start, followed by scrutiny of the current welfare programs.

Lol. Even if there are no jobs, its better to be poor and jobless In America. Saying there are no jobs or they won't hire illegals is not going to stop them

Many are coming with zero will to work...

Many coming are waiting to meet up with fellow gang members.

If there is world there is construction crews in these areas, the mob will not go that way.

A wall with a moat on one side has been the cheapest most effective form of defense for a very long time.

Let them swim into a pool of feces to dig under or climb the wall.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

We have a winner!!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

This is not a new tactic migrants have been using this tactic for years for various purposes. First time I saw it in action was when I was a loss prevention manager at roses dept store in new bern nc in 95 .about 10 minutes till store close two buses of migrant workers showed up with close to 100 people between the 2 school buses they entered the store even thru they were told we were closing and dispersed throughout store in groups of 5 or 6 people grabbing clothing ,movies and everything else that was not nailed down I called cops when I saw they enter store because they hit a store in neighboring town a day before. Employees at my store asked why I did not detain them I looked at them and said look I am a big dude but I got no gun and I am outnumbered 100 to 1 they would have ripped me to shreds like employees at other stores who tried to arrest group way they were stopped sheriff deputies spotted the buses 20 minutes after they left my store and followed them back to farm barracks they were operating out of and radioed for backup...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How long does it take to set that up, and then you have a line of 1000 people waiting their turn to climb up and over. If a drone past that spot every 30 mins do you think we could stop the most of it before it even happened compared to 1000 people crossing randomly along 700 miles of open border.

Its like you suggest you will no long lock your doors because I can one foot it open...The truth is the locked door still keeps out 99%+...

That is when US snipers will be waiting patiently to pick off each wall climber...*brings out the popcorn*
edit on 30-1-2019 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

There are many legal ways to enter the US, not just one.

Crossing the border, surrendering to border patrols and requesting asylum, IS a legal way to enter the country.

I am an Australian citizen. I live in New Zealand. I can commute when I feel like it. My passport is good in both countries.

So how do you feel about Australia's policy of people claiming Asylum who arrive in Australia illegally?

The hearings for people who enter illegally in the US should be quick and a determination to deport or grant asylum should follow. That doesn't happen currently.

Our system is broken as we release those people into our country while they wait for their court date. A significant proportion of those people never show up for that hearing.

Only 20 to 30% of people claiming asylum are granted that and the rate of people claiming asylum has gone up over 1,600% the last decade or so. People have figured out how to abuse our immigration policies.

The immigration courts here are backlogged by over 800,000 cases and it's been as high as a Million.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join