It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN:Hundreds of migrants cross Arizona border after 'several busloads' dropped off in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: grey580
Build a wall they said.

Stop people it would they said.

Is there a giant pillow on the other side to catch them when they jump?

Why wasn't the wall a problem until 2 years ago?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OH you people have no sense of humor.

Actually I'd like to see the wall built, then studied. Just to see what sort of effect it would have on illegal immigration. And what sort of tactics immigrants would use to bypass the wall.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yes, so actually the solution is in deterring them from coming, which a wall will not.

Making it impossible for them to get hired is a good place to start, followed by scrutiny of the current welfare programs.

In this case, A wall would have stopped/delayed them, they didn't have a ladder and sensors/camera's would have detected the attempt and Border Patrol would have arrived in time to prevent the crossing.

WIthout the barrier they just crossed and now will claim asylum after the fact and we will let them stay till they case is heard.

Sensors and Cameras and Drones will not delay nor deter people from crossing places were there are no Physical or manmade Barriers to entry.l

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

If I had to scale a 40 ft wall, I’d cross somewhere else instead. And when more wall sections are built, that ‘somewhere else’ will be more heavily guarded.

If you were a democrat, you could fly yourself over with a drone or swim a few hundred miles through the Gulf or Pacific, safely, or dig yourself a several mile tunnel with ease and pop out of the other side like a gopher. Or at least that's what you would think. I mean, it's SOOOO easy to get past a wall, so why have one?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You should bust Nancy Pelosi's door down and tell her you're seeking asylum when she tries to have you arrested.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Build a wall they said.

How long would it take to setup a scaffold like that? Do all poor Hondurans have access to such things? The mear act of their being a wall would have delayed them enough to build that Scaffold.

We don't just want a barrier.....we want the whole enchillada; Barrier, more manpower, more drones and cameras and sensors and better laws to deal with such illegal entries.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

They need criminals. They need leeches. They need welfare dependent, uneducated masses.

Aren't most of those found in republican states?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

They need criminals. They need leeches. They need welfare dependent, uneducated masses.

No but you can find a lot in the major cities in Republican states.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Making it impossible for them to get hired is a good place to start

Someone's never heard of under the table work.

Even employers who use E-Verify can only do so much because illegals commit so much ID theft that it is sometimes impossible to know who you're actually dealing with.

Build a wall to slow the influx.

Add technology to aid the officers in responding.

Plus here's another example of how Illegals get around it. They are their own contractors. One of my offices, the landlord had a crew that was starting to paint the exterior. The landlord even admitted they were not legal and the price was way better than other bids he got.

I told him it would be a shame for him to lose his money he was paying them to do the job if they got caught.

The next crew I saw was from an established Paint company.

People think Illegal Aliens only pick crops and are maids still...........
edit on 29-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Making it impossible for them to get hired is a good place to start

Even employers who use E-Verify can only do so much because illegals commit so much ID theft that it is sometimes impossible to know who you're actually dealing with.

I'm going to need a source for that - but I do know many companies cut corners and do whatever they can to cut cost

I guess that's why everyone focuses on simple solutions to complex issues. I guess it's cheaper to say build a wall than to take a look at the SSA's internal systems as well as DHS's to determine (if "illegals commit so much ID theft") what can be done to modernize (likely legacy) systems to reduce the occurrences.

A fraudulent bank transaction will see a dl/ml algorithm flag that # in an heartbeat, we can't do the same with verifying citizenship status? We can, we chose not to, because again that leads to solving the actual problem that both Ds and Rs have been using to pandering to their bases forever.

You don't solve problems by patching the symptoms.

edit on 29-1-2019 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

"We identified 1,227,579 electronically filed tax returns, processed in FY 2017 through April 18, 2017, in which the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number on the return does not match the Social Security Number on the Form W-2," the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) said. "Note that a Social Security Number may have been used on Form W-2 for more than one of these returns."

Link

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
The landlord even admitted they were not legal and the price was way better than other bids he got.

Throw is ass under the prison and I bet the next landlord will think twice.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
41% never show up for court proceedings, once they get in they just disappear and become a drain on legitimate immigrants. They have to be vetted and documented, only way to do that is limit places where they can enter freely.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

OH you people have no sense of humor.

Actually I'd like to see the wall built, then studied. Just to see what sort of effect it would have on illegal immigration. And what sort of tactics immigrants would use to bypass the wall.

How about this Wall that was built in San Diego?

Before the fence was built, all that separated that stretch of Mexico from California was a single strand of cable that demarcated the international border. Back then, Border Patrol agent Jim Henry says he was overwhelmed by the stream of immigrants who crossed into the United States illegally just in that sector. "It was an area that was out of control," Henry says. "There were over 100,000 aliens crossing through this area a year." Today, Henry is assistant chief of the Border Patrol's San Diego sector. He says apprehensions here are down 95 percent, from 100,000 a year to 5,000 a year, largely because the single strand of cable marking the border was replaced by double -- and in some places, triple -- fencing.

NPR article

The first fence, 10 feet high, is made of welded metal panels. The second fence, 15 feet high, consists of steel mesh, and the top is angled inward to make it harder to climb over. Finally, in high-traffic areas, there's also a smaller chain-link fence. In between the two main fences is 150 feet of "no man's land," an area that the Border Patrol sweeps with flood lights and trucks, and soon, surveillance cameras.

Sounds like it worked to me.

"Here in San Diego, we have proven that the border infrastructure system does indeed work," Henry says. "It is highly effective."

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So, surveillance didnt work, but they were all actually arrested after surveillance triggered an alert?

What?

Looks like it worked to me.

Uh, hell no. Now the USA has to spend ridiculous funds to house, feed, transport, medical care, and process them accordingly.

How is that working? In case you aren't aware, USA is BROOOOOKE.

If they never crossed onto US soil, THAT would be "working".

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: tinner07

No but you can find a lot in the major cities in Republican states.

Take a look and tell me:

Pew Hispanic Interactive Map

Of course this is based on the false premise of only 11 Million Illegals being here in the US, Unchanged from over 20 years ago.

You need to double those numbers at least based on latest estimates of people here illegally.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Build a wall they said.

Run 4000v @ 1 amp along the top of that wall inside a few loops of concertina wire (like we did in africa), I'd be happy with that. Cleaner living through electricity ;-)

I wonder if it's warm enough for pirhanas to live in the rio grande? Or maybe alligators? I've seen the work they do, little messy but they work cheap ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/29.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Don't expect an answer.

All those speeches that said illegal immigration was bad by Pelosi, or Obama, or any other democrat never, ever happened.

It was all a dream.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

Yes, so actually the solution is in deterring them from coming, which a wall will not.

Making it impossible for them to get hired is a good place to start, followed by scrutiny of the current welfare programs.

Yeah, all of the things is what Trump wants to do. H1-B visas etc.

But see, the nanosecond someone talks about welfare, that's when Dems come out of the woodwork and start screeching about people starving and what not.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
$5.7 billion could've stopped this senseless tragedy.

Those border patrol agents should've never had to have left their bases, homes or whatever.

P.S. That motion sensor didn't work.

edit on 1/29/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join