It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamalla Harris "i will get rid of private health care".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
One thing is true, insurance companies are a needless middle person.

Honest people with an honest government can make a one payer system work.

However, with everyone on the take anymore and looking for a reason to get rich quick at the expense of their neighbor or on the backs of their constituents guarantees that the system will be abused and end up being worthless but cost John or Jane Q Taxpayer a crap ton of money.

I am willing to try it though, even in failure you do learn something. It beats the status quo which isn't working either.

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
No, there is almost no limitation on how much 'big pharma' can gouge in the US. In the rest of the world, big pharma have to compete like other businesses and governments have departments trying to optimize costs that hold big pharma to very high standards and very low margins.

We get the drugs for as cheap as big pharma can afford to produce them, not cheaper. That is how it works.

The US does not subsidize the rest of the world's medicines. If it did (which it doesn't), do you want to continue paying for it?

Believe what you want. The drug companies have actually admitted doing it.

link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Forcing big pharma to be competitive is anti-monopolistc.

Translation.

People want their drugs FREE.

IGNORING the BILLIONS they spend on development.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

One thing is true, insurance companies are a needless middle person.

So change the boss with FORCED taxation instead!

Absolutely brilliant!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: narrator

How about if you don't like FREEDOM.

Then GROW UP.

Every other country that has been listed in this argument also has FREEDOM.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

That would be immensely problematic. Healthcare cannot be a right; it can be at best a guaranteed privilege.

The only thing we don't have a right to is firearms even though it's clearly written that way.

I really hate this country.

Don't say that. America is a big and varied country. Just because it has things you don't like, it doesn't mean it is all bad.

You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Also, the second amendment clearly gives a right to firearms as part of a well ordered militia. Not to the general public. Read it in whole sentences and paragraphs, with all its conditions, not just the partial sentences you want.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

When the US government is the largest health insurance provider in the country.

'Single payer' that's accounts of over 1/3 of current annual federal spending(over 1 trillion) with triple taxation.

People ain't got jacksnip cry about.

I have nothing but contempt for it.
edit on 29-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

'Single payer' that's accounts of over 1/3 of current annual federal spending(over 1 trillion) with triple taxation.

Insurance is not health care.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are correct. So axe public schools and social security as of today. For starters.

Besides....we were postulating something that would require a possible ammendment to the constituition.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yeah it is.

The only function of insurance is to pay the hospital bills.

Between medicare,medicaid,Reagans EMTALA,planned parenthood,free clinics.

There's absolutely not a GD thing to be whining about.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Forcing big pharma to be competitive is anti-monopolistc.

Translation.

People want their drugs FREE.

IGNORING the BILLIONS they spend on development.

I don't pay for most of my medicines. I just take my prescription to the counter, sign that I have received them and they give them to me. If I ask how much, the answer is "oh, it's 100% subsidized. Nothing to pay today".

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

As some of the more astute posters pointed out, there are lots of things dragging America down. We prop up, we support, we sometimes interfere, and we shoulder more than our share of the world's burdens.

We Are The Greatest Country in the World. But, we have been used, abused, and taken advantage of and it is beginning to hurt our country.

Our establishment politicians SUCK. They have focused on their own power and pockets and become globalists because it is more profitable for THEM personally. They don't give a rat's ass about The American People. That is why Donald Trump is loved by those that can see through the miasma of corruption that has been DC, and continue to support his plan to MAGA...because finally it is about us, the people, not them, the political class.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Uhhhh...your government subsidizes an ass load of that research....with.....wait for it........tax payer money!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If people were all so fire concerned with their healthcare.

They'd begin with diet, and exercise,eating right, and dropping smoking weed,tobacco, drinking alcohol.

Instead what's their solution?

Nationalising an entire industry, all to take more money and power from you.

Golf Clap idiocracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yeah it is.

The only function of insurance is to pay the hospital bills.

Between medicare,medicaid,Reagans EMTALA,planned parenthood,free clinics.

There's absolutely not a GD thing to be whining about.

I insure my car and my home & contents. Insurance isn't healthcare.

It also isn't the ONLY way to pay for healthcare.

You guys are so stuck in your preconceptions that it's like a scene from Idocracy.

edit on 29/1/2019 by chr0naut because: I just sawthe previous reference to Idiocracy after posting. Great minds?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You guys are so stuck in your preconceptions that it's like a scene from Idocracy.

If you say so.

Not wanting my healthcare, and 320 million other Americans healthcare to be ran like the VA is a terrible idea?

Guilty as charged.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Insurance is not health care.

Right. Everyone has "access to healthcare". Camel Harris can't even get her terminology correct.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They don't care.

They can't even think for themselves.

ANYTHING Harris party says is an AWESOME Idea!

No critical thinking allowed.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If you say so.

Not wanting my healthcare, and 320 million other Americans healthcare to be ran like the VA is a terrible idea?

Guilty as charged.

Why would it be run like VA? Why not more like Internal Revenue or the Federal Reserve (except that is a monopoly and a private company).

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

As some of the more astute posters pointed out, there are lots of things dragging America down. We prop up, we support, we sometimes interfere, and we shoulder more than our share of the world's burdens.

We Are The Greatest Country in the World. But, we have been used, abused, and taken advantage of and it is beginning to hurt our country.

Our establishment politicians SUCK. They have focused on their own power and pockets and become globalists because it is more profitable for THEM personally. They don't give a rat's ass about The American People. That is why Donald Trump is loved by those that can see through the miasma of corruption that has been DC, and continue to support his plan to MAGA...because finally it is about us, the people, not them, the political class.

1. I'd argue that WE are one of the main things that is dragging the country down. A large percentage of this country is so stubborn that they can't see that we're holding fast onto several really out of date ideas, and instead only think: this is 'Murica so we "should" be the best. If we revamped a few of our systems/policies, we would be way better off, but people don't want to listen to it just because the idea comes from the side of the aisle that they don't side with. That makes zero sense to me.

2. You say we are the greatest country in the world. In what regard? In what aspect is America the best? Or, is that just your opinion? Because there's documentation that says otherwise. Lifespan, health, happiness, newborn survival rates, etc., in pretty much every positive measurable aspect of life, America is not the best.

3. 100% agree, establishment politicians suck. However, if you truly believe that Trump is for the average American, I have a bridge to sell you. That guy is SO far removed from the average person, he has absolutely no idea what we go through on a daily basis. Since we don't know exactly what he's worth, let's say he's worth 1 billion. It would take me about 22,200 years (give or take) to earn that much. How can someone that removed possibly understand what the average American needs? Answer: they can't.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join