It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamalla Harris "i will get rid of private health care".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

60 minutes did a great piece on this company called Planet Labswho make satellites. It's a tiny company in Cali, and they have developed and launched a fleet of 300 satellites for pennies compared to the Government. These things are toaster size compared to government ones the size of a bus. They take so many pics, that it was estimated 6 million human analysts would be needed to decipher the info.
This company does it with under 400 peeps.

THAT is the diff that properly managed private companies could do with no government bureaucracy.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So the State should have a monopoly over a corporate product (healthcare) ?

Nope.

I guess that way they can make nurses higher paid than the doctors, and give as much to big pharma as they want.

In New Zealand, our Pharmac (government agency that is similar to your FDA), subsidizes and recommends cheaper brands of medicine when alternates exist. The 'big pharma' know that they will loose out, massively, if their medicines are over-priced and so they moderate their prices, or fail.

The average cost of cancer treatments (not just the chemo) per person, per year, in New Zealand has been calculated to be about $3,395 NZ. (Ministryof Health - Price of Cancer When converted from NZ dollars to US dollars at the current exchange rate, it is; $2,318.79 USD.

The similar cost of treatment, per person, per year, in the US is, conservatively, $8,985. NCBI - Projections of the Cost of Cancer Care in the United States: 2010–2020 - a cost 3.8 times the cost in NZ.

edit on 29/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So called "Big Pharma" just raises the prices on these drugs in countries that don't have the same laws. One of the reasons that drug prices are so high in the US is that we are subsidizing the costs of these drugs in countries with single payer systems. If the US gets stuck with single payer, what do you think is going to happen? Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

So called "Big Pharma" just raises the prices on these drugs in countries that don't have the same laws. One of the reasons that drug prices are so high in the US is that we are subsidizing the costs of these drugs in countries with single payer systems. If the US gets stuck with single payer, what do you think is going to happen? Be careful what you wish for.

No, there is almost no limitation on how much 'big pharma' can gouge in the US. In the rest of the world, big pharma have to compete like other businesses and governments have departments trying to optimize costs that hold big pharma to very high standards and very low margins.

We get the drugs for as cheap as big pharma can afford to produce them, not cheaper. That is how it works.

The US does not subsidize the rest of the world's medicines. If it did (which it doesn't), do you want to continue paying for it?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I forgot.

How many people would have died as a result of the month long Government shutdown power play by Kamalas party?

Because the only thing they give a GD about is their own power?

Go single payer.

Perhaps a reasonable government doesn't have shutdowns?

Trump shut down the government. He said weeks beforehand that he would do so. He did so, and he has publicly accepted the responsibility for doing so, after the fact.

Either way, healthcare is an essential service. It would have remained active and running during a shutdown.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Kamala on that CNN "town hall" last night really pouring on the BS.

LOL she takes the acting lessons well.

Looks like another $2 billion fail coming 😆🚬

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Because it would be like managing a corner shop as opposed to Wal-Mart. The logistics would be enormous. That and city people would want to cut off country people, even though city people are far less healthy.

I thought Wal-Mart was forcing the closure of corner shop businesses due to its success?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

We could add it to the constitution....like France. But expect the same tax rate.

That would be immensely problematic. Healthcare cannot be a right; it can be at best a guaranteed privilege.

The difference is that in order to exercise a right, one must not be dependent on others. I can worship God any way I choose without assistance from others. I can speak my mind in public without assistance from others. I can create a weapon and bear it without assistance from anyone. Those are rights. I cannot take the labor from others in a commercial endeavor without involving others. That is not a right.

The Constitution also does not grant rights. It recognizes rights that we all have, and forbids the government from infringing on those rights. By definition, anything that is a right cannot be granted or revoked by a government, only suppressed. According to our Declaration of Independence, government suppression of rights is a legitimate reason to overthrow a government.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It is...but is that a success? Cheaper aint always better. And that was just an analogy.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I don't give a ratts arse what New Zealand does, or Europe.

This is 'Murica. Where we don't like MONOPOLIES of corporate products.

Except Kamalla's party.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That would be immensely problematic. Healthcare cannot be a right; it can be at best a guaranteed privilege.

The only thing we don't have a right to is firearms even though it's clearly written that way.

I really hate this country.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

One has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happinness no? Define life? Or happiness? One could reasonably argue healthcare is a right due to the advances in medice as compared to 1776. I dunno...just postulating.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

????...me no follow. Was that in jest? Its so hard to tell nowadays.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

One has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happinness no? Define life? Or happiness? One could reasonably argue healthcare is a right due to the advances in medice as compared to 1776. I dunno...just postulating.

Corporate products are not 'rights'.

Except firearms.

Because it was written that way.

The mob has no rights to use the state to give themselves snip.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Except Kamalla's party.

Aaaand there it is.

"I don't care if other countries are better at this than us, this is 'Murica! I'll put my head in the sand and ignore the fact that we're being left behind in tons of relevant categories, as long as I can have muh guns I don't care!"

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The only thing we don't have a right to is firearms even though it's clearly written that way.

I really hate this country.

As you and others on ATS are so quick to say to liberals:

If you don't like it, then leave.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Bull crap.

We spend more on EVERYTHING than everyone else.

Free homes,education,HEALTHCARE(medicaid,medicare) that have more people on them than entire European countries entire populations.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

How about if you don't like FREEDOM.

Then GROW UP.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Except Kamalla's party.

Forcing big pharma to be competitive is anti-monopolistc.

Allowing a company to price-gouge and then allowing them to litigate the competition out of business is monopolistic.

Look at what happened with Epipens for an example.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Many of those countries you speak of also can rely on the US for our military...

And that's a big reason why we cannot have universal health care. We subsidize their militaries so they can afford health care, while ignoring our own people. Our military expenditure compared to GDP is orders of magnitude higher than most other countries that have universal healthcare.

Were we to only have a military needed for our own protection, we would be in a much better position to implement such expensive endeavors, but the sad truth is that such actions would also allow the rise of more tyrannical conquerors like Hitler, Mussolini, and the like. Other countries would rather fall than spend their money on the military, as evidenced by the strong opposition to calls to contribute to NATO.

Ironically, I believe Harris was one of those who berated Trump's attempts to make NATO countries pay their own way, too. Strange... she wants something but is not willing to pay for it.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join