It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamalla Harris "i will get rid of private health care".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: musicismagic
Works in Japan.

Oh, so it works in a country with a fraction of the population of the US. A country that also has extremely strict immigration laws too?

Interesting

There you go... nail on the head.
Quite how Kamala or anyone else thinks that making the govt wholly responsible for healthcare, whilst flooding the country with 3rd world immigrants, is going to be workable I don't know... perhaps her plan is a more radical version of Warren's ... just steal the required money from rich people. When you've taken everything they have, I guess healthcare will be the least of the country's worries.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

When healthcare's primary focus is on profit and not the care of the patient, it becomes a failed system.

It is no longer about healthcare, it is solely about business and profit.

It used to be managed at the State level, before Blue Cross and Blue Shield got in bed with the federal government.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So the State should have a monopoly over a corporate product (healthcare) ?

Nope.

I guess that way they can make nurses higher paid than the doctors, and give as much to big pharma as they want.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Works in Japan.

What is the population of Japan ?
Now , what is the population of the US ?
How honorable are the Japanese vs the US ?
See , you have to ask yourself many questions before posting.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I forgot.

How many people would have died as a result of the month long Government shutdown power play by Kamalas party?

Because the only thing they give a GD about is their own power?

Go single payer.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Well snap....at least she aint sugar coating it and lying like Obama. She wants to axe all private insurance plans. Basically do an end run around insurance companies and implement a single payer. Now the thing is...it SHOULD make things cheaper. That 1000 you pay......the insurance company pays about 200. BUT its the government...it will be mismanaged and be a UK type of mess where you gotta wait 6 months to a year for an appointment. All the stsff will be Indian because peeps that go to med school wont be able to make enough to pay back 12 years of school.

Wd need a hybrid system of some sort. We cant be letting peeps go bankrupt cuz they got sick...but we cant let the entire country go bankrupt because people were going bankrupt. What a mess.

But yet Ms. Harris wont give up her congressional health care i bet.

www.foxnews.com...

Is she really claiming to be able to get congress to do something?
Or does she think she, as president, will be able to do this herself?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Well snap....at least she aint sugar coating it and lying like Obama. She wants to axe all private insurance plans. Basically do an end run around insurance companies and implement a single payer. Now the thing is...it SHOULD make things cheaper. That 1000 you pay......the insurance company pays about 200. BUT its the government...it will be mismanaged and be a UK type of mess where you gotta wait 6 months to a year for an appointment. All the stsff will be Indian because peeps that go to med school wont be able to make enough to pay back 12 years of school.

Wd need a hybrid system of some sort. We cant be letting peeps go bankrupt cuz they got sick...but we cant let the entire country go bankrupt because people were going bankrupt. What a mess.

But yet Ms. Harris wont give up her congressional health care i bet.

www.foxnews.com...

Is she really claiming to be able to get congress to do something?
Or does she think she, as president, will be able to do this herself?

I don't think anyone is stranger to bold promises politicians say on the campaign trail....

The only thing that separates everyone is those who believe them and those who are skeptical.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

She can't get congress to work now, from the inside; why would anyone think she will do better from the outside?
Are we sure she even understands the process?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Maybe in other countries, but please show me how well the government runs education here because that's the kind of system we will get.

So if you want your doctor and health care to work about as well as public k-12 education ... that's what we'll have. Sure, a few very wealthy areas will be able to have some semblance of functional health care, but then you'll have places like Detroit where there will be crumbling buildings, incompetent doctors, and patients dying in the hallways.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Just an excuse to raise taxes.

/opinion

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If this is such a "great idea" why is she not attempting to get congress to pass it now?
Why will the public have to wait until after she gets elected?

Spoiler alert: she is full of the poo

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

/opinion

Oh always that too, and income wouldn't be enough. They would have to go after taxes with things like a VAT like every other country with this kind of health care system does, so we don't see just how much they're robbing us to pay for our "free" care.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your right.

They'll run it like Medicare and Medicaid.

Triple taxation on medicare with new taxes like the medicare capital gains surtax on top of the vat.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
In order for her to make good on something like this, they pretty much have to control Congress like Obama did with supermajorities in both Houses because you're looking at sweeping legislation for both taxes and health care and possibly a Consitutional Amendment to add a new type of taxation - not sure with a VAT.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't put any stock in what that radical left wing lunatic says. She's shown us over the past couple of years what type of special dimwit she is and this is just another harebrained idea that solidifies my thoughts about her.

I really don't understand why we don't just split in two and let them have their destructive policies and ideas for their own people. Let normal Americans continue to live their normal lives.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Might as well get ready for it, its coming.
Insurance costs are not sustainable.
The government will screw it up like they always do but that never stopped them before.

Obama should have focused on health care costs and not insurance.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

She can say anything she wants, without Congressional support it's meaningless.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Might as well get ready for it, its coming.
Insurance costs are not sustainable.
The government will screw it up like they always do but that never stopped them before.

Obama should have focused on health care costs and not insurance.

He did focus on health care costs.

He wanted to do exactly what's happening now, so that people would scream out to the government to "SAVE US!" and that's when they'd step in with benevolent single payer to fix the problem they created. We have to remember that. There are other ways, and we should take them instead of going where they are herding us like the stupid sheep most of us are.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

/opinion

What is it that democrats think they'll accomplish by raising taxes? It seems like all lefties wanna do that, but to what end?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

/opinion

I’m all for public healthcare, but that IS a slippery slope.
The only way to solve that would be to allow providers compete against the gubment.
Now that I think about is not a bad Idea actually.
I may have a large dislike for that woman but she may have hit the nail man.
But only as long as any individual is not required to have insurance I am game for such an idea.

She still will never get my vote though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join