It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamalla Harris "i will get rid of private health care".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well snap....at least she aint sugar coating it and lying like Obama. She wants to axe all private insurance plans. Basically do an end run around insurance companies and implement a single payer. Now the thing is...it SHOULD make things cheaper. That 1000 you pay......the insurance company pays about 200. BUT its the government...it will be mismanaged and be a UK type of mess where you gotta wait 6 months to a year for an appointment. All the stsff will be Indian because peeps that go to med school wont be able to make enough to pay back 12 years of school.

Wd need a hybrid system of some sort. We cant be letting peeps go bankrupt cuz they got sick...but we cant let the entire country go bankrupt because people were going bankrupt. What a mess.

But yet Ms. Harris wont give up her congressional health care i bet.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 29-1-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

But yet Ms. Harris wont give up her congressional health care i bet.

www.gov.uk..

Please check your link because "UK defence and security export statistics for 2017" doesn't seem to support your thread

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Haha....just saw that thank you!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
National Health care works. Not sure but university med school at govt hospitals doesn't charge too much. Housing cost a lot in all major cities, but tuition is set price and yes most doctors do work for the govt. Many in private practice and they don't seem to be angry with having set prices given to them. America is a state of greed and that will be one of its down falls. All State and Federal politicians basically have the same insurance Japan has. The public just doesn't know it. You know, like insider trading is legal for the politician and no one complains. Wake up people.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Single payer seems like a great idea but I just cant see the Fed doing it in a way that does anything other than line pockets.
They cant handle 22 million vets, but I am supposed to believe they can handle 330+ million people, I just don't see it working out like people think.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

In which countries does it work?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Works in Japan.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The whole concept of nationalized healthcare has always been focused on removing private sector medicine. There is no other way to do it. Obamacare was essentially a chance to show us how screwed up things can get if we do not agree to single payer.

I would personally love to see universal healthcare in the US. It is an idea whose time has come. Studying other countries and how they do things leads me to that conclusion. However, those other countries have one thing we do not have, and one thing that is absolutely essential for any universal healthcare system to work: a responsive government. Without that, there is no one trustworthy enough to turn healthcare over to, and the chances that it would become little more than a depopulation mechanism for "useless eaters" are quite high.

We have to fix the government first. Ironically, the ones who are demanding universal healthcare seem to be the very ones who have given us a broken government.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The same Japan which spent 10 plus years in a recession due in large part to an ageing society? Ok.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We could add it to the constitution....like France. But expect the same tax rate.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

After she destroys the American health industry we will all go to the only thing left standing - Planned Parenthood clinics.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Just hit the emergency rooms like all the illegals. They cannot be refused and arent required to pay. This is why so many socal hospitals have closed......they do not get reimbursed.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I am wondering how this will pan out? There are so many private interests related to heathcare provision in the States. Obamacare was a step in that direction and it has become very unpopular.

In the UK we have a broken national healthcare provision. It worked so well once, but when privatization came in 1979 the service was slowly broken apart. As it stands we are are on war time healthcare rations now. That is the nearest it can be explained as. We have a hybrid public/private service contracted out to certain companies. It is giving us the worst of both worlds for sure.

There are real reasons why America's system is not working and neither Britain's. In America there is too much private business interest. People have made billions out of the citizens. They have fed them opioids, all manner of psychiatric medication, cosmetic surgery, you name it (if it sells it's in). It is like diagnosis for profit. It has become pretty insane and very damaging to the nation's health. I feel bad for you all because they feed you pills like M&Ms.

In the UK we have let contractors gain access to make profit for the investors and shareholders (down the same dark alley as the U.S). There is like an oldboy's network where lucrative contracts are given by government in what can only be described as some kind of cronyism-favouritism - cliques and incrowds.

Once the shareholders are in it to take their chunk ultra streamlining and ultra profit maximization come instantly into effect. Prices will keep rising because the boards will year upon year find excuses for maintaining a profit interest in all the companies who are awarded contracts. To maintain market attraction, to keep looking all sexy, companies must show they can turn a quick profit for venture capitalists, who operate globally where the latest bargains are.

In any scenario how do we tackle this? Only legislation can rid us of this curse. Legislate so companies, investors and shareholders can't milk us for everything we've got. If we want to keep a kind of inclusive capitalism only legislation can protect us from the shark infested waters of privatization without eventual utter alienation of the masses and Maoist proportion backlashes. Hoodwinking the masses will not work for much longer. Everybody is finding out what is really happening. This enlightenment can't be stopped.

We have as yet not found away to legislate away human greed. It is this on a very fundamental level that is causing our societies so many problems. We need to be protected from the globalist sharks who do nothing for nations except exploit them for dividends and bonuses and then tax dodge at every opportunity. That is filthy low inhumane behaviour, boys.

...And my my my, does our health suffer for that!

If America went all Fed about health care I think it would be too USSR style. It would be better to have Federal legislation, but allow for state diversity (but kept within national and Federal expectations of standards). Healthcare provision would be more easily handled chunks that way.

edit on 29-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Many of those countries you speak of also can rely on the US for our military...

I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is. We definitely could manage that spending better for how the govt gets raped by the MIC companies.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If you really want change... Make a single payer system that the politicians have to live with that is EXACTLY the same as the citizens.

Change will then start, but they will squirm around it

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The whole concept of nationalized healthcare has always been focused on removing private sector medicine. There is no other way to do it.

Try the Australian system. It has both public and private and it works.

No one has buggered it up as yet, but they will one day.

P

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I want no part of this scheme. I am happy with my health care and don’t want the Government screwing it up. I would rather pay out of pocket than allow the government to tell me what I can and can’t do for medical care.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
She's done, threaten a trillion dollar industry.

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It does not take a rocket scientist to make Universal Healthcare work. It just takes corrupt businesses to make it a mega billion dollar commodity that profits the few.

The healthcare workers is not where the glut goes. Just like in any corrupt business, the glut is at the top.

A single payer system, shutting down of private insurance companies, and the restricting of businesses from price gouging for medical items, and medications, will go a long way to making healthcare available and affordable for all.

edit on 29-1-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word corrections

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Works in Japan.

Oh, so it works in a country with a fraction of the population of the US. A country that also has extremely strict immigration laws too?

Interesting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join