It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000 troops to Venezuela? Maduro Gaddafi Hussein Assad Afganistan Jordan Egypt-Patterns...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oil is great but we aren't really hurting in that department. Russia staging nuclear assets on our doorstep...well ask Cuba how that goes.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: TheJesuit

How much oil is there in Venezuela?

more than Saudi ever had

Important is the “quality of the crude oil” not the “quantity”… World worst type of the oil are those from Canada and Venezuela “heavy and super heavy type” which is cost a lot, lot more to extract and refine because of their heavy metals, very high density/viscosity and other ingredients makes them thick like output garbage form the refineries, super cheap but much less costumers.

Then we have M.E. oil called “sweet and light”, lower density/viscosity, flow easily, extract and refined much easier and much faster than the previous…

I am not sure why people love to speculating and think of Russian will be there because of the Venezuelan oil, they have the same oil qualities as M.E. and vastly available in Russia.

Military powers show of or perhaps like to put the Americans back to their corner…

It is not the oil..

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oil is great but we aren't really hurting in that department. Russia staging nuclear assets on our doorstep...well ask Cuba how that goes.

Better ask the US, they were the ones losing there. It was stopped by will of Russians, not by fear of Americans, your history as you know it is twisted bad

And yes the US is afraid of having a Russian base so close and cry about it while with the other hand trying to force everyone else in the world to submit to them. That has a name

So i would not try to pretend or twist reality so much that it ends up in a ridiculous farse just to excuse the US behavior on Venezuela

It is shameful to act like that, and in other countries to, everyone can see what really happens and all the crap about democracy and Venezuelan people just makes it worse. Nasty stuff

If you think the reason to control all that oil is for current times then you are missing way much more than you think, it is for the future, do you think the US oil will last forever? Venezuela has the most and also other natural resources, is just not being extracted yet. That evil guy already said so (can't remember his name).. destroying that country and placing a puppet and giving control of the oil reserves to American oil companies would be very good for America's business. What's there left to say?

edit on 29-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

Oh and don't get me wrong, i love American, it is also a good reason to avoid this. I hate how coward people go out there and lie to the world with shameless and fake empathy for those countries, while pretending they are not the ones causing so much suffering. What a nasty thing to watch

I don't hate people, i hate what the very nasty government does and their excuses, they are really cowards

I don't even know why i'm saying this now, but it definitely is a coward way to enrich America while killing thousands and causing massive suffering to people that didn't deserve it
edit on 29-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The US is now an exporter of oil, because fracking is so cheap. And much of Texas light sweet crude and light intermediate. Simply the best.

Russia doesn't really expect to have a viable base there; it would be vulnerable as hell, being on the shore of 'the American Lake' (the Carribean ).

Trump is asserting the Monroe Doctrine, still US policy after 175 years.

Russia actually wants to meddle and create chaos, to keep Venezuela from becoming a major producer.

Russia only has two exports that anyone cares about: oil and natural gas. They are practically a petro-state like their buddy Iran in that regard. And declining oil prices since America invented fracking is totally killing their export economy. The Americans took Iraq offline, the only thing that kept Putin in power.

If America does a democracy reboot in Venezuela, ven will come back online as a major producer of low quality oil, absolutely killing demand for Russia's product. Europe would rather buy oil from anyone but Russia, which is why Europe actually agrees with DJTrump on something: getting a stable regime in charge in Caracas, and let the tap be opened!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Something for those who blame Russia for the worlds ills think about this... They have a GDP just about equal to our student loan debt. People are not getting married and having kids in Russia so the population is decreasing... Without the Ukraine Russian population and GDP will continue to decrease..

Now... the real player is China.. They go in and make loans that the debtor can not pay back and end up owning a large chuck of a country. China already owns 49% of Venezuela's crude oil due to loans no being repaid..youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Oh trust me i get it...none of this is about morality and righteousness. I am American so obviously I have bias, but i do try to be aware of how that can color my views.

The whole Cuba thing though...we have no idea what things were going on behind the scenes. So maybe the Russians pulled out out of the goodness of their hearts...however i doubt they gave up a huge tactical advantage in the midst of the cold war because they all of a sudden didn't want that advantage. Pressure was applied somewhere and that eventually made the base "not worth it" to them and they pulled out.

Controlling resources for the long game doesn't really require military options...you grind them down as you have time to do that. When one of your biggest rivals is about to put an airbase down and keep nuclear assets at it in your backyard...thats when you start throwing militaries at the problem...

Most of the major industrialized countries play the game as best they can...none of them care about the people in other nations beyond what it means for their own country. It is a pretty disgusting way of life, but let's not kid ourselves...if the US pulled out of everywhere and became isolationist another nation would just fill the role and do all the same stuff we do now. Life is beautiful and ugly...and really really harsh and unforgiving.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's about the oil but not really about the oil. It's about propping up the world reserve currency, the filthy petro$.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I smell oil..

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
It's about the oil but not really about the oil. It's about propping up the world reserve currency, the filthy petro$.

This is the age of the Corporate Dictatorship and you are spot on with your surmise.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Oh trust me i get it...none of this is about morality and righteousness. I am American so obviously I have bias, but i do try to be aware of how that can color my views.

The whole Cuba thing though...we have no idea what things were going on behind the scenes. So maybe the Russians pulled out out of the goodness of their hearts...however i doubt they gave up a huge tactical advantage in the midst of the cold war because they all of a sudden didn't want that advantage. Pressure was applied somewhere and that eventually made the base "not worth it" to them and they pulled out.

Controlling resources for the long game doesn't really require military options...you grind them down as you have time to do that. When one of your biggest rivals is about to put an airbase down and keep nuclear assets at it in your backyard...thats when you start throwing militaries at the problem...

Most of the major industrialized countries play the game as best they can...none of them care about the people in other nations beyond what it means for their own country. It is a pretty disgusting way of life, but let's not kid ourselves...if the US pulled out of everywhere and became isolationist another nation would just fill the role and do all the same stuff we do now. Life is beautiful and ugly...and really really harsh and unforgiving.

Understand that perfectly, still makes me sick still how they fake it with those tv faces, it is so nasty.

And they keep going with the fakery because no one cares! It's all a fabric of fake empathy and shameless promotion of fake ideals. Does it bother you at least a bit? That thing they do is not what i was thought about being free and actual values, that's a murderer looking for something to steal, getting the other XX guy up in arms by whatever provocation is required, then killing him in the name of justice because the XX guy acted violently and was a danger to everyone else, then taking all he had because it is for the good of people. How does that logic work? It is not the same as winning by playing just but strong and smart. So it is all fake fake fake and nothing more than that. Just cheating, breaking the leg of the other guy? Flatting his tires? Cutting the brake pipes off?

I am ashamed about it, very honestly

edit on 30-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I hope you understand now that this is our nature as humans. Every state, kingdom, fiefdom, empire and dynasty EVER has used the same methods. Likewise, citizens of those times and places also debated about the wrongs, rights, or the no #'s given of such actions. Because for them, as long as their life continued as they were used to they paid little mind , just like every last one of us today.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I do not believe 5k troops would be efficient or sufficient. We wouldn't help by sending 5k combat troops, but engineer battalions would be great.

Instead of sending combat troops, we should supplement their existing indigenous force by allowing our Green Beret teams to train their forces.

This builds up their domestic capability, while not presenting our troops to direct action.

5 Green Beret teams spread throughout the region, can each train 100 men, who in turn train 100 men and so on. This repeats indefinitely and after thousands are training, our teams are done.

It's worked that way for decades. We just never hear about it. Exactly the way it should be.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well, I hope you understand now that this is our nature as humans. Every state, kingdom, fiefdom, empire and dynasty EVER has used the same methods. Likewise, citizens of those times and places also debated about the wrongs, rights, or the no #'s given of such actions. Because for them, as long as their life continued as they were used to they paid little mind , just like every last one of us today.

There is a difference between doing things because you need or doing them because you like or feel entitled to do them

Some kill in self defense, some kill out of pleasure and to gain or steal. Both kill. But not the same thing in the end

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You know guys, one of the things i hated most while growing up and before being sent to live with my grand dad in California was this stupid thing

"Los Estados Unidos parecen destinados por la Providencia a plagar la América de miserias en nombre de la libertad"

Back then "America" meant the entire continent, it wasn't named "The Americas" like now. And "America" wasn't just the US, it was all the countries in the continent, but that was back then, now it has changed so whatever let's not even go into that

I refused to believe it was true as we live these days, and that lead to very bad situations and arguments, because my mom is like truly into believing that stuff

That sentence, in English says something like

"The United States appears to be destined by providence to become the plague for America's own misery, in the name of freedom"

It was written by Simon Bolivar, August 5, 1829

And i hate it is coming true in severe, terrible and more extreme ways just these past days
edit on 1-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Right, but we are talking about the rules of our societies here, not individual actions. Today is the same as 12,000 BC, just with brighter colored fabrics and electricity. And gunpowder. Lots of gunpowder.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

RIP Venezuela.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join