It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Anti-Maduro coalition grew from secret talks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The U.S. has given control of U.S. bank accounts of the Venezuelan government & Venezuelan Central Bank over to the legitimate government of Interim President @jguaido. www.wsj.com... … #WinterIsComing

Macro Rubio Tweet is concerning.
Look what America did. America stole gold and gave it to the unelected Opposition that never won the election. Macro Rubio ends the tweet with hastag #WinterIsComing.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

America has done enough destabilizing of the world. Just how many more regime changes and chaos does America need and want to create? till the whole world bends over to America?

Till every country starts accepting America's Military occupations?
edit on 28-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: RickyD
a reply to: DBCowboy
Here's an article from 2015 from sputnik attempting to dissolve speculations from then, Russia trying getting a base there isn't a new thing, them actually getting one is. A base in Venezuela levels the playing field and gives the Russians the capability to launch strategic bombers at the US from anywhere in the world. Without it they could only launch from Russia unless they planned on it being a one-way trip, a.k.a. suicide mission.

link

If anyone is planning a suicide mission that would be America trying to risk with a war with Russia, do you think Russia would just give up the 300,000 barrels of Oil worth to the US simply?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

The U.S. has given control of U.S. bank accounts of the Venezuelan government & Venezuelan Central Bank over to the legitimate government of Interim President @jguaido. www.wsj.com... … #WinterIsComing

Macro Rubio Tweet is concerning.
Look what America did. America stole gold and gave it to the unelected Opposition that never won the election. Macro Rubio ends the tweet with hastag #WinterIsComing.

The UK has Venezuela's gold, if you're going to promote falsities, can you at least try a little?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Wow i did not realize this has been going on for so long. Maduro must have been desperate to give the green light for the base as I'm sure he knew allowing that was sure to bring the US into things in a major way and they would never allow him to run the country after that. I just wonder What we knew about it and when...that would put a lot of pieces together.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk
bro, its not like the world has not been unstable since the beginning of time. America just happens to have learned how to thrive from the chaos, where in the past everyone was simply trying to muck through it. See, you must not forget that even if a genie in a bottle granted all our rivals the wish of making us impotent as a military power, the world would continue to be unstable, and the communists would be fighting each other instead of us.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Russia is being out maneuvered at every turn almost. Their only 2 marginal successes have been Crimea and Syria. They don't have the allies or influences around the world to project power on the US like we can to them. Now surely we would be suicidal to ever attack them first or at home, but aside from that we can kinda do what we want to them in the majority of the world we hold more influence in.

Not saying it's right...just that it's reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: DBCowboy
Here's an article from 2015 from sputnik attempting to dissolve speculations from then, Russia trying getting a base there isn't a new thing, them actually getting one is. A base in Venezuela levels the playing field and gives the Russians the capability to launch strategic bombers at the US from anywhere in the world. Without it they could only launch from Russia unless they planned on it being a one-way trip, a.k.a. suicide mission.

link

If anyone is planning a suicide mission that would be America trying to risk with a war with Russia, do you think Russia would just give up the 300,000 barrels of Oil worth to the US simply?

First, you need to learn your facts, Venezuela sells more than 300,000 bpd to the us, it's closer to 500,000. The 300,000 figure you mention is oil for debt, meaning that through investments that oil has been already purchased and is owed to the investors. The other 200,000 can easily be replaced via Saudi Arabia, as they also have the heavy crude like Venezuela does, and it's less contaminated.

It's not about the oil.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

They don't have the allies or influences around the world to project power on the US like we can to them.

Russia has two powerful allies. Iran and China. China can do alot to America's economy without starting a war with America. I know what Americans are trying to do to the Russia they want Russia to give up and surrender.
That's not going to happen Ricky.

Now surely we would be suicidal to ever attack them first or at home, but aside from that we can kinda do what we want to them in the majority of the world we hold more influence in.

America's influence hold on the world wont last forever. Do you think the world will tolerant America's further militarily conquest and occupations forever?

I think not.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Wow i did not realize this has been going on for so long. Maduro must have been desperate to give the green light for the base as I'm sure he knew allowing that was sure to bring the US into things in a major way and they would never allow him to run the country after that. I just wonder What we knew about it and when...that would put a lot of pieces together.

Absolutely, and Russia will jump on this and they won't bark, they'll bite. A base in Venezuela is critical for Russia.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It's not about the oil.

If Rwanda had Cheese and Oil you would be seeing a lot of war hawks jumping to the gun triggers to demand an intervention to remove a dictator that was brutalizing murdering his own people freely.

But no the world ignored Rwanda's massacre simply because there was no interest nor value to the Americans nor anyone.

US chose to ignore Rwandan genocide

The administration did not want to repeat the fiasco of US intervention in Somalia, where US troops became sucked into fighting. It also felt the US had no interests in Rwanda, a small central African country with no minerals or strategic value.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Oh i agree both sides have limitations and the likes. I think the US will keep doing as it wishes until they lose that influence over the world. I don't see them letting that influence go just like i don't see its rivals stopping trying to take that influence away from them. It's all a game of who is the most powerful. I don't know what tomorrow brings but i predict the game will still be played when i wake up.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Why do you constantly reference things other than the OP? Is this thread about Rwanda? If not, why mention it?

*ETA per your edit

of strategic value

Like I said, it's not about the oil.
edit on 28-1-2019 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yes not just any base but a base to house nuclear assets. They aren't going to roll over here I am just not seeing a lot of great options to fight back if it's a coalition of SA nations that roll in and remove him.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

America is the new Roman Empire unfortunately and an Empire that has never learned anything from history.

I think the US will keep doing as it wishes until they lose that influence over the world. I don't see them letting that influence go just like i don't see its rivals stopping trying to take that influence away from them.

You are familiar how Rome has fallen? well it seems your America hasn't learned anything much from history. I don't see America's rivals giving America the whole world as easily as they please.

In Syria America thought that Russia would simply just give up and take their Russian Base with them in Russia. But things didn't turn out for them so well, nor has this Arab Spring in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I am using Rwanda as a reference talking point.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I am using Rwanda as a reference talking point.

Yes, Venezuela has oil, a lot of it, more than anyone else actually.

They also have a location that is strategically invaluable to Russia.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

No one is giving anything. Countries take what they can until they can't. Nations rise and fall sometimes fast sometimes very very slowly. I know you have some strong feels about all this and that is driving your responses, but neither of us know what's coming tomorrow in the great game of who gets to run things.

Edit: Syria is russias backyard they have a metric f#*k ton of options to defend things there. SA is half a world away and they have to fly past all our friends to get there.
edit on 28-1-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well you know the cycles. Empires come, empires go. Ours is just getting started. So you know, buckle in and enjoy the show!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
SA is half a world away and they have to fly past all our friends to get there.

Not anymore, that is why that base is so important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join