It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it time to get things back to normal? Or am I in too deep?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am just wondering when things are going to go back to normal.Our media seems to have narrowed into something I can't describe. It feels like the programming is working in full swing now. Isn't it time to get things back to normal? Or am I in too deep?
edit on 28-1-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Now that they legalized propaganda, won't happen anytime soon

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The media has been narrowed for quite a while now. Two years off Russia, Russia, Russia and Trump, Trump, Trump has in reality been a total news blackout of everything else we used to see before that started.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The media has always been this way, they've had no problem selling us on pointless wars for decades.

If you want to get back to normal, it's easy, just live life.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

The media has been narrowed for quite a while now. Two years off Russia, Russia, Russia and Trump, Trump, Trump has in reality been a total news blackout of everything else we used to see before that started.

The media isn't altruistic, just look at their corporate model post 9/11.

They're only taking this approach because it makes money.

Thinking they have any kind of motive aside from such is just as naive as thinking a politician does.
edit on 28-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I fear that boat has sailed.

This is the same old normal, just with a changed song and a new dance.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Without a doubt and emphatically YES!

It seems that whenever a level-headed contrarian tries to raise the alarm about the disturbing trends society seems hell-bent on heading down we are often met with the "but everything is cyclical" response. As if this is supposed to pacify our concerns or worse just simply acquiesce to the knife. We know where this cycle is going. The world is in pre-World War staging area like we saw at the beginning of the 20th century. We know this cycle will bring war, genocide, famine, profuse hatred and an untold number of deaths. So, that begs the question: if we have the foresight to see where this is all headed why not put an end to this cycle and go another direction?

The only reason not to put the brakes on this runaway train would be the very same same reason this happened the last time around in the 20th century, i.e. because a few Machiavellian elite want to benefit from the controlled demolition of the world order and rebirth it in their image.
edit on 28-1-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Seems the new normal is that more people see through the propaganda now as a result of the past two years.

Sad that they still have approximately 35% soaking in whatever they pitch. But an overall improvement in awareness.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Stop watching MSM news. Stop reading MSM news, either in print or online.

Do it for a week. No news for a week. See how you feel this time next week. You're gonna feel better if you really cut it out.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ttheyre only taking this approach because it makes money.

Thinking they have any kind of motive aside from such is just as naive as thinking a politician does.

What gets me is how radicalised people are now, so much so that any common sense has all but vanished, money rules this world and makes it go round, everything else is secondary.

In the thread about the 5 cops shot someone even said that it was the democrats fault, either that member is dumb as # or has been radicalised by media talking heads, or perhaps both.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What gets me is how radicalised people are now, so much so that any common sense has all but vanished, money rules this world and makes it go round, everything else is secondary.

It's not new, just more evident.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Is normal listening to years of political crap non stop then i hope the mother ship is picking me up real soon

I have had enough of politics

Because they will be asking you to vote again real soon

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Where I am from, we talk about the weather, what's going on in sports. The gas prices and going down.

Sharing photo's of the biggest deer they killed or the latest gun they bought. We talk about our kids, our wive's , our grandchildren.

Rarely are things brought up about what is important in the news.

We care about our personal lives and what is happening there. The rest of this stuff going on doesn't really matter.

I don't watch the news and haven't for years.

The real people around you are more important than what is all over the internet.

For me, the internet is good for games and that is about it.

Any media is entertainment and should be treated as such.

edit on 28-1-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I am just wondering when things are going to go back to normal.Our media seems to have narrowed into something I can't describe. It feels like the programming is working in full swing now. Isn't it time to get things back to normal? Or am I in too deep?

Define 'normal'.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They're only taking this approach because it makes money.

I never said they were altruistic. I never spoke of any motive. All I said was...

there has been a two year news blackout. Hardly any world news, hardly any crime news beyond the day it happened. We never got to the bottom of the Las Vegas shooting. Nothing but Trump & Russia.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I dont want things to go back to normal..........

I want us to learn from all this, and get better, improved.........but sometimes I worry that the house has become so infested with termites, that it has to be destroyed and rebuilt.......

I hope we can salvage it

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Who told you things weren't normal, CNN?

When the mainstream media's propaganda says that things aren't normal, the truth is probably the exact OPPOSITE.

Things haven't been this normal in this country since JFK threatened to expose TPTB.

Trump is our first REAL president in a long time, and the swamp is scared spitless because he is not a team player.

Ever wonder why the left are so desperate to impeach Mr. Trump?

The last time the US had a bullet proof president in the white house was in 1789, and they know this.

They also know their own # is about to hit the fan and there is nothing they can do to stop it.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

They have certainly done their job of uninforming public of real events,by muddling with falsehoods and wild claims,we are close to destruction,why isn't this discussed by the media,other then telling lies and falsehoods

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
"Normal" is a rather difficult term to pin down. Ones subjective interpretation of normalcy tends to be based in idealized and powerful emotional attachments to past moments or events... Man life was good when I was in school... Seems like the world was a much better place when I was in my 20's... Etc.

Thing with the concept is this: Did the world change, or did we? With age comes cynicism and with cynicism comes discomfort.

In regard to media? That has changed and at a fundamental level. The days of TV shows that try to be entertaining, for the sake of entertainment and then rely upon Proctor and Gamble or Coca Cola to finance the venture via advertising ( Commercials, product placement and sometimes the right to use a shows intellectual property in their advertising ) are long gone.

Commercials don't pay the bills anymore. They're just a very low stream of revenue still attached, archaically, to the new paradigm - the collection and sale of information. Who's watching, for how long, at what time, on what device... What were they watching or doing before they watched? What have they purchased today? Who were they with earlier? Are they alone now? How often do they impulse buy based upon advertisements? Are they more vulnerable to ads in shows or ads in banners on their preferred online shops?

The amounts of data collected, collated and coordinated from various sources is mind-numbing. Through our phones, our smart devices and our computers... Along with all of the things we voluntarily offer while signing up for debit cards, credit lines, car loans, email accounts, Netflix, Hulu, video game devices and interfaces etc... It's all there. Just about every detail of our lives. And that data is the modern gold. The modern oil. The modern everything of value.

Products, including media, are now all secondary. They're just the grease on the real wheels.

That's a rather long tangent to discuss just one aspect of why things have truly and actually changed. Tech reached a point where it became possible for corporations to have this specific level of influence, control and access to every aspect of our lives. For the foreseeable future this will remain the status quo.

IE media no longer exists to entertain. It now exists to manipulate us. No longer just in terms of what we purchase, but, now, into our very opinions on nearly every subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join