It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Activism Is a 'Men's Rights Movement'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: LSU2018

Ah, I see... THOSE "men." Those aren't men, those are beta males.

I wasn't actually referring to those men. Their crimes are obvious.

I was referring to the men who chortle with glee at these assaults because those oh-so-horrible women "deserve it" and/or because they enjoy watching their opposition "eat their own."

I've called it for years. If we were to split the left and right in half and let them live under their own policies and ideals, it wouldn't be long before the left began to eat their own. That's all this is. I don't believe in a man's rights anymore than I believe in a woman's rights. We all have equal rights and that's where our equality stops. There a ton of things a woman can do (such as staying organized, managing money, and giving birth) that I'll never be able to do. And there are a ton of things I can do that women will never be able to do.

I don't chortle at the left for eating their own, I knew that time would come. You seem to have changed a little over the last couple of years though, I seem to remember you always being more in the corner that would shun the feminists and their ridiculous cries for pity.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You know what I find odd? The media wouldn't release the name of the tranny, but they immediately released the name of an underage kid from Covington Catholic, who had racial slurs thrown at him and a lying indian in face, because he wore a MAGA cap. But they make damn sure they protect the mentally challenged, yet perfectly abled person.

Even more disturbing is the movement against "deadnaming" -- i.e., saying "Bruce" Jenner instead of "Caitlyn" Jenner -- which is getting folks banned on Twitter and Facebook, etc.

Convicted violent sexual offenders are able to "transition," change their name, and their previous crimes are erased in the process. As if changing their name and their clothes changes their heart and violent tendencies...

Yes indeed. This political climate we're living in isn't far from crashing down and imploding the entire country.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm missing the part where a man would be gleeful over a woman being brutalized.

Fair enough. I'm thinking that I'm making connections that others aren't, so that was probably jumping the gun on my part. I'm very disturbed by the violent rhetoric and increasingly violent assaults against women by the Trans Activists, which are routinely minimized, defended and justified by the Trans industry and its allies. If this continues, if both men and women don't pay more attention and fight it, the violent ones will only become bolder and more violent. Ignoring it only feeds the beast.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You seem to have changed a little over the last couple of years though, I seem to remember you always being more in the corner that would shun the feminists and their ridiculous cries for pity.

I'm rather surprised myself that my views are aligning with feminists!!! Then again, with all the different "waves" of feminism, I guess there had to be some common ground somewhere.

I'm still far from on board with all of their views -- such as male socialization and male privilege, etc. -- but when it comes to the gender critical side, I've been quite surprised that they've reached many of the same conclusions I have, with basically the same logic and reasoning.

Who woulda thunk it???

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm missing the part where a man would be gleeful over a woman being brutalized.

Fair enough. I'm thinking that I'm making connections that others aren't, so that was probably jumping the gun on my part. I'm very disturbed by the violent rhetoric and increasingly violent assaults against women by the Trans Activists, which are routinely minimized, defended and justified by the Trans industry and its allies. If this continues, if both men and women don't pay more attention and fight it, the violent ones will only become bolder and more violent. Ignoring it only feeds the beast.

Trans activists. Pff. I don't even know what else to say.... They're beyond the pale of ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You seem to have changed a little over the last couple of years though, I seem to remember you always being more in the corner that would shun the feminists and their ridiculous cries for pity.

I'm rather surprised myself that my views are aligning with feminists!!! Then again, with all the different "waves" of feminism, I guess there had to be some common ground somewhere.

I'm still far from on board with all of their views -- such as male socialization and male privilege, etc. -- but when it comes to the gender critical side, I've been quite surprised that they've reached many of the same conclusions I have, with basically the same logic and reasoning.

Who woulda thunk it???

We all have our own beliefs. I never would've given them a second's thought if they hadn't, over the past decade, demean men just for being men or tell women they're strong enough to raise a baby on their own and don't need a man or father figure in the baby's life. All children need a father figure in their lives, even if it's the child's grandfather or Uncle, and they all need a woman in their life even if it's just the grandmother or Aunt. Things were getting in the same vicinity of the fan before that, but once it started and more and more women decided that they're better off without men, it hit the fan full force.

Don't get me wrong, I love women who are strong minded and independent (that's the only way I'd ever date them), but like my wife, I like them to be that way and still understand that in the pre-feminist society, they could be just as strong minded and independent while still believing in the nuclear family. Men need women and women need men. It's been that way since the dawn of man and for those hardcore fems to come along 500,000+ years later and think they can change everything, are simply too arrogant for society and their own good. They're a danger to the future of our children.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's still hard to agree with "Transgender Activism Is a 'Men's Rights Movement'" Most men I know don't support Transgender Activism. We view it as something out there in the gay scene. Gay rights are not the same as men's rights.

Every time we see one of these trans kids it's always the mother pushing it, enabling it. Women just seem more fascinated with that stuff. It's difficult to support a group when it displays so much hostility toward you. I only support this to the degree I am against criminals. Really can't see a motive to stand with either side beyond that.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

We're looking at this from opposite ends of the gender spectrum --
-- and yet coming to pretty much the same conclusions... fancy that!

My problem with feminism as a whole was that they only advocated for women who wanted to compete in a "man's" world. There was no support for moms and families, just support for women who happened to be mothers. (I hope that makes sense) As a stay-at-home wife and mother during the 80s and 90s, it was very clear that there would be no advocacy for me and mine. I was considered either too lazy or too stupid to have a "real" job... I just sat around and baked cookies all day... except when I was eating bonbons and watching soap operas of course.... I'm not sure why I was eating bonbons instead of all those cookies... never quite figured that part out!

Just as men and fathers were de-valued, so too were women and mothers -- only it was called "empowering" women. As women went off to work, everyone suffered. The men, the women, the children, the marriages, the families... and society as a whole.

Men and women -- fathers and mothers -- we can oppose each other or we can complement each other. Feminism as a whole just seemed to encourage opposition and division, rather than encouraging cooperation and working together.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Activists started this whole nut-bag movement and now they're offended by it...I find it humorous. It was always a mental illness and remains a mental illness.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I see things this way. My grandfather worked, my grandmother didn't. He bought a car and a house. Both my parents worked to afford the same things. In other words - half the pay. Now, not only do we both work, we are in debt over our heads. Why, for an iPhone?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Activists started this whole nut-bag movement and now they're offended by it...I find it humorous. It was always a mental illness and remains a mental illness.

They created a Frankenstein monster. Can't wait to see what we'll be looking at in 10 years. Might not even be human.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (long breath) HA!

Ya'll be dumb with your hate and bigotry. Eat yourselves alive if that's what you want to do... but seriously you have to blame men again as the fault of this?

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

We're looking at this from opposite ends of the gender spectrum --
-- and yet coming to pretty much the same conclusions... fancy that!

My problem with feminism as a whole was that they only advocated for women who wanted to compete in a "man's" world. There was no support for moms and families, just support for women who happened to be mothers. (I hope that makes sense) As a stay-at-home wife and mother during the 80s and 90s, it was very clear that there would be no advocacy for me and mine. I was considered either too lazy or too stupid to have a "real" job... I just sat around and baked cookies all day... except when I was eating bonbons and watching soap operas of course.... I'm not sure why I was eating bonbons instead of all those cookies... never quite figured that part out!

Just as men and fathers were de-valued, so too were women and mothers -- only it was called "empowering" women. As women went off to work, everyone suffered. The men, the women, the children, the marriages, the families... and society as a whole.

Men and women -- fathers and mothers -- we can oppose each other or we can complement each other. Feminism as a whole just seemed to encourage opposition and division, rather than encouraging cooperation and working together.
I totally agree with this. Women’s true Nature has been devalued even while many rose to places of power, what part of their feminine nature did they have to sacrifice?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Angela Ponce is a mans answer to the horde of over weight face mutilated rape fakers sucking every bit of joy from the world. You can all go back to cuddling with your cats and getting tattoos with your butch partners on girls only wine tasting trips while your kids fail out of life.
edit on 30-1-2019 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Smearing everyone and anyone who might disagree with you / think different than you / criticize elements of something you're into / engage in critical thinking as "hate and bigotry" is the definition of hate and bigotry.

And the big thing that flies over the head of everyone like you that I've noted is generally these discussions are about the fruit of the Trans MOVEMENT. Yet its argued as if everyone against has beef with trans folks. The fallacious logic there being that trans individual and the Trans MOVEMENT are one in the same. More tell tale signs of a hateful bigoted mindset. Which is typical of essentially every movement ever (definitely every mainstream Establishment endorsed movement). The bizarre thing about "liberals" is they have bought this con that just because theyscream BIGOT at people somehow that means they arent one, their group isnt inherently as prone to it as any other groups, etc.

PRETZEL LOGIC is as fitting a term as a term could possibly be!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I totally agree with this. Women’s true Nature has been devalued even while many rose to places of power, what part of their feminine nature did they have to sacrifice?

That is such a profound question, and it's taken me a while to ponder before I could answer. I've gone on quite a few tangents in thinking about it!

I'm not sure women have had to sacrifice any of their feminine nature... perhaps more like shifted? Expanded? Stretched? I'm not sure what the right word is.

But my thought is that our inherent nature is inherent, and will be expressed one way or another, some ways better than others. So, for example, their feminine nature would still be expressed, but would now include their "work family" as well as their personal family, their office (or store or whatever) as well as their home, and so on.

I think the greater problem -- and not just women -- is that we increasingly know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. Hence (and this is a gross simplification, I know) women and men began to believe that their paychecks were more valuable than raising children and building a strong family. Rather than working to live, we began to live to work, putting all of our value and self-worth into careers and how much money we could make.

Of course, the previous mindset that women needed to be kept "barefoot and pregnant" and that their "place" was in the kitchen, was no better, and paved the way for this "reform." Too many men abused and exploited their roles as protectors and providers to become tyrants and bullies, or just not providing and protecting at all, so pretty much forcing women to find ways to provide for themselves and their children.... to make a place for themselves where they did not have to depend on (or suffer) the whims of a man.

In the big scheme of things, both men and women lost sight of what's really important, and our priorities have become skewed. Men became the "enemy," and then women became the "enemy." Instead of working together for the greater good, we worked against each other, and it's become a huge vicious circle feeding itself.

When gender roles were established so many ages ago, it was for practical reasons as much as anything, and limitations/necessities of reality -- such as pregnancy and breastfeeding. Today's technology -- including birth control -- means that the demands of our physical reality are changed. Women are not necessarily tied to the home the way they once were, having babies for 20+ years of their adult life, and then another 20 years raising the kids. Many women I know would much prefer to be home with their kids while they're young, but today's economy demands otherwise. Women (mothers) have been scooped up into the corporate machine along with everyone else.

I think we can do better, and must do better. But men and women have to stop seeing each other as the "enemy," and work together. We have all become corporate serfs, laboring for the elite at the expense of our own selves and families -- not for the benefit of ourselves and families. But only if we work together. Personal accomplishment is great, and I'm all for promoting the individual... but there's also strength in numbers, teamwork and cooperation and building something with others -- like a marriage and a family -- and this is also a great accomplishment. We don't always have to be the best. There is also virtue in be part of something and appreciating how the contributions of many can create a glorious whole. It doesn't take anything away from us to give credit to others. And we can learn much about ourselves by taking a step back sometimes and letting others shine.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join