It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43 percent of illegal immigrants skip court hearings Democrats dream come true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks like a very high percentage of "immigrants" that get scheduled court dates just don't show up !!

All because of the maniac policy of letting them loose and trusting they will show up for court.

Democrats love this because it allows the politicizing to continue.

No wonder Democrats are screaming to eliminate I.C.E.

Future Democrat voters of America rejoice !! 🤣

I think all the past "support" for law reform by Democrats is and always was all BS. They cast illusions that never materialize while fooling the public by any means necessary.

New crisis: 43 percent of illegal immigrants skip court hearings, 49 percent for minors

U.S. immigration courts have hit a new crisis point, with nearly half of illegal immigrants roaming in the country failing to show up for legal hearings, resulting in a massive number of deportation orders, according to an analysis of court records.

The court system said that in 2017, 43 percent of aliens freed pending hearings disappeared into the country and never showed up for scheduled follow-up hearings. In pure numbers, that means 41,302 aliens out of 95,342 never showed up for their court hearings.

Among those under 18 allowed into the country, 49 percent failed to show up.

It has been worse, with court skipouts reaching 59 percent in 2005 and 2006.

"all Democrat smoke and mirror tricks"

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They are just busy working, paying taxes into the system which they don't take anything from.

Also they are busy committing less crimes than US citizens.

It's all very exhausting, so they just don't have the time to get to the courthouse.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Im surprised 57% show up. If there was any chance of me getting deported I would skip too ..

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's no surprise that the ones who do not show up are the ones who later commit crimes in America.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Another reason why you have to have a physical barrier to keep them from touching U S soil.

Once here they have to be released. A gift to America from former president Obama.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

U.S. immigration courts have hit a new crisis point, with nearly half of illegal immigrants roaming in the country failing to show up for legal hearings...

I guess the bold part of this sentence makes the lie that is the article's title OK.

From your source's source:

Instead of a direct comparison of aliens free before trial who failed to attend court out of all aliens free before trial (n = x ÷ y), EOIR compares those who failed to appear to the much larger number of all those who were free before trial plus all those who were detained before trial (n = x ÷ (y + z)). This comparison always yields a lower number than the actual failure to appear rate. By adding aliens in detention to its equation — persons who have no choice but to appear in court — EOIR enlarges the denominator and, by doing so, shrinks the value of the numerator. This skewed equation make failures to appear seem much lower than they really are.14

Source

Oh, so the actual failure to appear rate is somewhere around 28%?

source

Oh we don't like those numbers, so let's change the definition of failure to appear and add conditions, fudge the meaning of in Absentia (because we know they likely won't know what that is ) and produce outrage.

A goddamned joke.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
They are just busy working, paying taxes into the system which they don't take anything from.

It's all very exhausting, so they just don't have the time to get to the courthouse.

.....Don't forget there are only 11 Million Illegals here too. That number hasn't grown in over 2 decades.

Makes perfect sense to me. They get caught here Illegally then we just let them go and tell them to show up. Their track record in following immigration laws is outstanding.....once they get caught.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Another reason why you have to have a physical barrier to keep them from touching U S soil.

Once here they have to be released. A gift to America from former president Obama.

Ya man a "wall"!
A base near me here in Nevada has a wall and no one ever gets in unless asked.......Oh wait my bad they don't have a wall.
A few fences but only at points of entry. I'll take ya sometimes and show ya how it works. We may get swept away to some jail or used for science. But it will be fun, I promise dude.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If you are an illegal and you blow off your court date, when you are caught you should get 15 years at a prison in the middle of the desert. No AC. Fed twice a day. 23 hours in your cell.

Then after 15 years dump them back in their country.

If they get caught sneaking in again. Life in prison.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Perhaps instead of letting them go based upon the "trust that they will return", we electronically tag them in some form so if they do not show up, they can be tracked? After all, they are actually criminals since they are here illegally (i.e. Illegal means they are law breakers and therefore criminals, not "undocumented").

We do it for American citizens that are released that are considered a high-risk of flight using ankle bracelets. If it's good enough for American citizens, then it's good enough for illegal immigrants.

Welcome to America...we will treat you the same as our own citizen criminals.

No? Then enter via the legal pathway.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

No, they simply don't count the DETAINED illegals to determine a FTA percentage.

I'd bet the failure to appear rate for those that are detained is 0% seeing as they are incarcerated and don't have a choice in the matter. They shouldn't be figured into the overall percentage, they were never released.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Nothing to do with the what's on the sign, and knowing they will actually enforce the law?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

You have it backwards. The EOIR reported 28% but the actual number is 43%. from footnote 14:
"Using this method, the courts minimized failures to appear in 2017 and every year reported back to 1996 and in the process hid the fact that nearly two-fifths of all those released on their own recognizance never made it to court."

You can see it in the quote you posted, "This skewed equation make failures to appear seem much lower than they really are." In other words, failures to appear are higher than the courts made them appear.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

.....Don't forget there are only 11 Million Illegals here too. That number hasn't grown in over 2 decades.

Yea. It's a magic number that never changes. 1 million enter every year but that number stays the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Ya man a "wall"!
A base near me here in Nevada has a wall and no one ever gets in unless asked.......Oh wait my bad they don't have a wall.
A few fences but only at points of entry. I'll take ya sometimes and show ya how it works. We may get swept away to some jail or used for science. But it will be fun, I promise dude.

That's exactly why I've been saying we need to declare all federal property along the border as being a military base.

Then Trump can fortify it any way he wants with defense funds and he won't need any state of emergency either.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Welcome to America...we will treat you the same as our own citizen criminals.

Great idea! Make them wear ankle moniters, and make
them pay for it too just like natural citizens have to!

They should also be subject to local county taxes,
and transient tax too!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

they pay 18 billion and cost us 120 billion, I don't think that comes out to a positive...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Ya man a "wall"!

That's exactly why I've been saying we need to declare all federal property along the border as being a military base.

Then Trump can fortify it any way he wants with defense funds and he won't need any state of emergency either.

I just went to whitehouse.gov and sent this suggestion to Trump.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

U.S. immigration courts have hit a new crisis point, with nearly half of illegal immigrants roaming in the country failing to show up for legal hearings...

I guess the bold part of this sentence makes the lie that is the article's title OK.

From your source's source:

Instead of a direct comparison of aliens free before trial who failed to attend court out of all aliens free before trial (n = x ÷ y), EOIR compares those who failed to appear to the much larger number of all those who were free before trial plus all those who were detained before trial (n = x ÷ (y + z)). This comparison always yields a lower number than the actual failure to appear rate. By adding aliens in detention to its equation — persons who have no choice but to appear in court — EOIR enlarges the denominator and, by doing so, shrinks the value of the numerator. This skewed equation make failures to appear seem much lower than they really are.14

Source

Oh, so the actual failure to appear rate is somewhere around 28%?

source

Oh we don't like those numbers, so let's change the definition of failure to appear and add conditions, fudge the meaning of in Absentia (because we know they likely won't know what that is ) and produce outrage.

A goddamned joke.

So 28% overall skip court. 43% of those not detained skip court. 0% of those detained skipped court.

So .28 divided by .43 gives us the percentage of people not detained and (getting a calculator) that gives us 65.12% not detained.

The real issue of this thread should be the fact that only 34.88% of those who get caught crossing the border are detained and thereby forced to attend their court hearing.

65.12% are put on the "honor system" apparently.

edit on 30-1-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: changed "those who cross" the border, to those who "get caught crossing"

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A small percentage join gangs

A small percentage will never pay taxes but use a lot of taxed based services

A small percentage will accidently kill a bunch of citizens a year

A large percentage will vote Democrat

And this culture is known for having more children then they could ever have the needs to care for.

Remember a bus could handle 1 but stop for school kids.
Now they have to drive 2 buses back to back to accommodate this influx.

Not to mention there is zero classroom space that trailer parks have to be parked on fields as a classroom.

Looks very 3rd world

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join