It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covington Student's Lawyer Lists Members of Media/Hollywood Who Will Be Sued

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, perhaps in the future, the media, politicians and a few celebrities will think twice before making false statements and sending out malicious tweets. Attorney Robert Barnes, who's representing several students from Covington Catholic High School, mentions in an article, that Kathy Griffin and Rep. Ilhan Omar have retracted their tweets in the face of a potential lawsuit. Others have not, even though the kid's families gave individuals a 48-hour window to retract or delete their statements. They will now be sued.

Fox News host, Jesse Watters wanted to know how confident Mr. Barnes is on securing judgements for his clients.

“When there is a defamation and libel of private citizens, particularly minors, then the legal standard goes way down,” Barnes said. “So you no longer have to prove actual malice or malevolent intent. All you have to prove is that a false statement was made — or in Kentucky, the law is even broader, ‘an unflattering impression given and a person’s impression in a false light’ — and otherwise … that it just be negligent to do so.” That, Barnes explained, is why the families gave individuals a 48-hour window to retract or delete their statements. “If they still refuse to do so, it’s clearly negligent for them to keep false statements up.”

www.westernjournal.com...

So, who might be sued? In the video clip below, Mr. Barnes lists: the NY Daily News, New York Times reporter Maggie Heberman, ABC commentator Matthew Dowd, former CNN host Reza Aslan and actor Michael Rapaport. I'm hoping the lawyer goes after more knuckleheads, like Alyssa Milano and Jim Carrey!

edit on 1/28/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

White kids show up to an event wearing HATE symbols what did they expect?

+40 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL! A symbol SOME people have deemed hate while others STARKLY disagree. It's one thing is there was blanket agreement about the hats but there isn't. People like you just prefer to see it as one way no matter the context so it can further your delusion and narrative.
edit on 28-1-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

hmm hats are not "hate symbols". they are just symbols democrats hate, there is a big difference. and it makes a difference the race of the person wearing a hat? wow, talk about racism.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL! A symbol SOME people have deemed hate while others STARKLY disagree. It's one thing is there was blanket agreement about the hats but there isn't. People like you just prefer to see it as one way no matter the context so it can further your delusion and narrative.

a reply to: generik

Who said anything about hats?

So now today I've already been labeled both a evil conservative and a nutcase liberal. I'm on fire!

edit on 28-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Such a circus.

I'm glad they gave people a 24 hours window.

I am not happy 'adults' think threating violence via social media is even somewhat acceptable.

I hate our sue happy culture.

I hate that this is what we are teaching our youth to do.

I don't think the school nor the children are 100% innocent in this.

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Don’t joke.
There are actually people out there who are thick enough to believe that a MAGA hat is a ‘symbol of hate’.

Granted they’re very very easily manipulated and extremely uninformed low-info morons. But still, there are people who are dumb enough to believe it.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Maybe...probably not....but maybe, this will teach some not to jump to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

+23 more 
link   
I hope they sue those mother#3rs to the fullest extent.

The fake blackface tripe, the libel, the stress and anxiety of all the harassment; digital and physical harassment.

link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Dont you get it? The "high-info" they talk about is literally their beloved propaganda; the4 amount of it they've allowed to absolutely hardwire their brains (thus controlling their minds). Which every ideologue ever loves their propaganda but this idea of calling it "high-info" is some serious 21 Century BS.

+42 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

All this because some people wanted to punish others for having a different opinion.

Free speech is dead in America.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Breakthestreak

Dont you get it? The "high-info" they talk about is literally their beloved propaganda; the4 amount of it they've allowed to absolutely hardwire their brains (thus controlling their minds). Which every ideologue ever loves their propaganda but this idea of calling it "high-info" is some serious 21 Century BS.

I agree. The easily manipulated have allowed the media to hardwire their low-info brains into believing that it’s somehow ‘hateful’ to support anything that’s not extreme far-left fascism.

Propaganda is the media telling the low-iq morons that MAGA is somehow related to ‘hate’.

And without even opening their eyes the easily-manipulated NPC drones just blindly believe the obviously-false propaganda spun to them.

High info indeed

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Well, perhaps in the future, the media, politicians and a few celebrities will think twice before making false statements and sending out malicious tweets. Attorney Robert Barnes, who's representing several students from Covington Catholic High School, mentions in an article, that Kathy Griffin and Rep. Ilhan Omar have retracted their tweets in the face of a potential lawsuit. Others have not, even though the kid's families gave individuals a 48-hour window to retract or delete their statements. They will now be sued.

Fox News host, Jesse Watters wanted to know how confident Mr. Barnes is on securing judgements for his clients.

“When there is a defamation and libel of private citizens, particularly minors, then the legal standard goes way down,” Barnes said. “So you no longer have to prove actual malice or malevolent intent. All you have to prove is that a false statement was made — or in Kentucky, the law is even broader, ‘an unflattering impression given and a person’s impression in a false light’ — and otherwise … that it just be negligent to do so.” That, Barnes explained, is why the families gave individuals a 48-hour window to retract or delete their statements. “If they still refuse to do so, it’s clearly negligent for them to keep false statements up.”

www.westernjournal.com...

So, who might be sued? In the video clip below, Mr. Barnes lists: the NY Daily News, New York Times reporter Maggie Heberman, ABC commentator Matthew Dowd, former CNN host Reza Aslan and actor Michael Rapaport. I'm hoping the lawyer goes after more knuckleheads, like Alyssa Milano and Jim Carrey!

I hope that you're right about those that mouthed off will think twice before opening their big mouths... I doubt it, but I hope.

You mentioned Michael Rapaport in this post, I always liked him, in the things that I have seen him in, I thought he was very good.
Now though, after looking up his name online and seeing a video with him talking (if that is what you call it) about these kids.
he looks AND sounds exactly like Robert de Niro when he mouthed off, like a complete idiot.

He was given a chance to retract these statements, but he didn't! What kind of an idiot would not retract a statement like his.

CAUTION: Language...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-1-2019 by recrisp because: CAUTION: Language...

edit on 28-1-2019 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Brimming with grotesque hubris! Bwahaha. I laughed my ass off when i read that. Check your privilege brah!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

...actor Michael Rapaport.

Using the word actor to describe that festering pile is really a stretch.

And I hope he gets sued to hell and back, that miserable cretin is the lowest scumbag on the planet.

Good news, interested to see how it pans out !

(post by Antipathy17 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yeah, those black guys got it all wrong when they also racially abused and insulted the black kids who were with the racist nazi white kid, huh..

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Guess we can add you to the list!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

This topic isn't about "privilege" or "pride" brah, it's about determining right from wrong and using reason and the law to correct it. This should apply to people of all colors, religions and political affiliations. Is the world perfect? Hell no, but this is a start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join