It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Cold Temps

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Upper 60's down here in southern Arizona, had to put socks on, (brrrrrrrrrr)

Make some Glogg and stay warm.

Skal

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Nyiah

I seem to recall the little lake I lived by shooting up the wind speed a good 10 or so MPH.

This one time in the 90's it dumped some 14" of snow everywhere in a couple days. roofs started caving in all about, we got paid $18 an hour plus hotel etc to come shovel roofs off in Grand Rapids there. My friend fell from one of the roofs during a shovel, the snow pile was so thick already he just planted into it and laughed.

The winter storm warning has been extended through Thursday afternoon for snow & cold temps, so it may just do that, only with slightly "warmer" wind chills for certain areas. Cold air clashing with warm water, that kind of advection is bound to do something.

If I've learned one important thing about weather expectations in MI since we moved up here, it's a simple one -- your guess is as good as the next guy's because it's a usually forecasting crapshoot here XD

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthMuerte

Yes I believe the feces is about to hit the recirculating blade,we are headed towards a time of extremes never experianced by man,and things will continue to escalate,not to fear monger but to educate,the true facts exist,yet won't hear a word about it on CNN,ABC,NBC,Fox or any other media outlets,history repeats itself,and history says earth was destroyed more then once each time worse then other

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm in Detroit saw this kind of stuff in the 80's and 90's. -15 tems with -40 or -50 wind chills is not joke. I been out in it before and if you're not care full you can get frostbite in under 10 minutes. I went ice fishing one night in 1994 and it was -15 with -75 wind chills. By the time I got to the car from the walk back I thought I was going to lose my toes. I had 2 layers of socks and heavy boots with insulation. It's suppose to hit -15 here Wednesday night. My cousin has to walk to work. I told him to call in and not go. He won't listen.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Schools were cancelled here in Chicago. Looks like tomorrow will be a stay home day for me as both my kids day care centers aren't opening either.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
-34 C here, School buses were cancelled, not sure about school itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
Upper 60's down here in southern Arizona, had to put socks on, (brrrrrrrrrr)

Make some Glogg and stay warm.

Skal
60's thats when it's time to bust out the speedos here

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: DarthMuerte

Yes I believe the feces is about to hit the recirculating blade,we are headed towards a time of extremes never experianced by man,and things will continue to escalate,not to fear monger but to educate,the true facts exist,yet won't hear a word about it on CNN,ABC,NBC,Fox or any other media outlets,history repeats itself,and history says earth was destroyed more then once each time worse then other

I would ask if you have any proof of anything you say but I already know the answer.

Also BSG used the all of this has happened before concept to great success in the 2004 series.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join