It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Cold Temps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm actually concerned about the homeless. Gonna be bum popsicles all over town. I hope the city has opened up some places for them.

That is the first thing I thought of too, I hope they took shelter already.. very sad. Why be a bum up here they need to go to Florida and be with all the other warm bums!

Yeah chicago is not a great place to be homeless. I'd get a one way ticket south...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'm actually concerned about the homeless. Gonna be bum popsicles all over town. I hope the city has opened up some places for them.

That is the first thing I thought of too, I hope they took shelter already.. very sad. Why be a bum up here they need to go to Florida and be with all the other warm bums!

Yeah chicago is not a great place to be homeless. I'd get a one way ticket south...

I lived in Florida and the homeless population is huge. They try to hide it from the tourists. Many of the homeless there live in the woods and in isolated places in the city. Florida is actually awful to the homeless. They charge them to stay in the shelter. They are also very strict about where they can be fed. Many people have been fined for feeding the homeless. Like I said, they want to keep it out of the view of the tourists.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Chill out guys, it's warm inside. Typing long posts can keep you from going out and freezing.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't "do" anything outside when it gets below 30. BUT...this weather does still affect me. It makes the long walk between the house and the garage/mancave very uncomfortable.

It sucks, rakes up the heating bill too.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It is cold!

(How cold is it?)

It is so cold. . . . .

The rock rattling around in your shoe is your toe.
•Richard Simmons wearing shorts that come nearly to the half-thigh region.
•Lawyers have their hands in their own pockets.
•You have to break the smoke off your chimney
•You have to open the fridge to heat the house
•Your false teeth chatter, and they are still in the glass
•Police tell a robber to freeze, and he does
•Our words froze in midair and we had to put them in a frying pan to thaw them so we hear what we were talking about.
•People look forward to getting a fever
•Mailmen watch out for both dogs and polar bears
•I'm shivering like a mobster in a tax office.
•We had to chisel the dog off a lamp-post
•Refrigerators are redundant
•Pet stores sell hamsters, gerbils and penguins
•Lady Liberty put her torch inside her dress!
•Roosters are rushing into KFC and begging to use the pressure cooker!
•A streaker froze in mid-streak! Mayor Mitchell hung a plaque around his neck...so we have to pretend he's a statue until Spring.
•I chipped my tooth on my soup.
•Dunkin' Donuts is serving coffee on a stick.
•We pulled everything out of the freezer and huddled inside to keep warm.
•I saw an Amish guy buying an electric blanket.
•I actually saw a gangsta pull his pants up.
•I'm drinking hot sauce instead of coffee.
•Ice cubes are coming out of my faucet.
•Trees are chopping themselves into firewood.
•Cops are tazing themselves.

And my favorite. . . .

•I farted snowflakes

(Courtesy of "It's so cold. . . Best of 2016)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's too cold when your husbands asks you if the garage is too cold to put beer in!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It’s so cold here that when you touch the door knob on the outside of the door it’s feels like you are burning your hand. It then stings for several minutes because you just got instant frostbite.
-38’c no wind.

My pugs go outside exactly one body length away from the door to pee then scramble inside like they almost died.
a reply to: slapjacks

edit on 28-1-2019 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Still no frost in FL...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
WLS Chicago was reporting projected lows of -55 with the wind. They said when it gets that cold and you have to go outside....don't take deep breaths. Don't talk if you don't have to. In other words, do not let that air inside your body. It is 98 degrees in there. How much would that lower if you stared letting in air that is -55?

They also said that Notre Dame will be closed on Wednesday.

Stay warm everyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

Dont take a whiz either.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
While I do worry about the homeless, they did open warming centers here in mid MI. And we have a new free shelter, that just opened up, that actually DOES NOT care if you are drunk or on drugs, you can still get in for the night, so that's good.

I got sent home today from work, because of this "massive" snowstorm that has shut down Lansing.
Meh. We didn't even get the foot of snow they were calling for. It was nice of them, but I have 4WD, I would have been fine on the back roads.
Not real excited about the cold coming Wed., but we will survive. I may have to hang a heavy blanket over the chicken coop door, they are about all I worry about here at the house.

Stay warm everyone, and just keep a close eye on your pets, and your neighbors too, if they are out.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yep, gonna be cold enough for a campfire to freeze.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You guys are insane. I start rearranging or canceling plans once its +49 degrees F or below. Negative anything would put me into hibernation instantly.

It actually got pretty close to frost last week. I remember getting up for work in the morning and saw what I believed was a very subtle layer of ice. It was twenty till 7am though, I bet they were iced over around 4am.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ohio.
cleveland area

supposed to be -15

going to be a drag.

dude at work asked if the were going to give us the day off.
bwuahahahah

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It is cold!

(How cold is it?)

It is so cold. . . . .

The rock rattling around in your shoe is your toe.
•Richard Simmons wearing shorts that come nearly to the half-thigh region.
•Lawyers have their hands in their own pockets.
•You have to break the smoke off your chimney
•You have to open the fridge to heat the house
•Your false teeth chatter, and they are still in the glass
•Police tell a robber to freeze, and he does
•Our words froze in midair and we had to put them in a frying pan to thaw them so we hear what we were talking about.
•People look forward to getting a fever
•Mailmen watch out for both dogs and polar bears
•I'm shivering like a mobster in a tax office.
•We had to chisel the dog off a lamp-post
•Refrigerators are redundant
•Pet stores sell hamsters, gerbils and penguins
•Lady Liberty put her torch inside her dress!
•Roosters are rushing into KFC and begging to use the pressure cooker!
•A streaker froze in mid-streak! Mayor Mitchell hung a plaque around his neck...so we have to pretend he's a statue until Spring.
•I chipped my tooth on my soup.
•Dunkin' Donuts is serving coffee on a stick.
•We pulled everything out of the freezer and huddled inside to keep warm.
•I saw an Amish guy buying an electric blanket.
•I actually saw a gangsta pull his pants up.
•I'm drinking hot sauce instead of coffee.
•Ice cubes are coming out of my faucet.
•Trees are chopping themselves into firewood.
•Cops are tazing themselves.

And my favorite. . . .

•I farted snowflakes

(Courtesy of "It's so cold. . . Best of 2016)

You forgot one.

It's cold enough to to freeze the balls off of a brass monkey.

Cannon balls if ya don't know that story...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Heh.

Thanks for making me feel warm in CO today

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Grand Rapids area here, the lake is going to keep us (comparatively) warmer in the wind chill department, -20's versus -30's & -40's (feel bad for a friend down around BC, it's going to feel COLD)

The snow forecast was bang on for the 8-12 inch range given, we received about 8.5 inches of the white stuff. Had to dig the car out of the snow drift that ate it, too. Parts of the yard were all the way up to -- and in some places, a little over -- the knees thanks to drifting, the kids had a blast acting like idiots out back while we plowed & shoveled out the driveway area. Well, they had to improvise, it wasn't exactly the best snow for backyard sledding.

Our street is virtually impassable, I'm amazed we managed to get out of the driveway in the car at all. A check we were waiting on had to be deposited as soon as it got here (the mailman, the trooper that old man is, actually delivered on foot today)
I can't tell you how many vehicles we went past stuck in the snow at street corners & in parking lots spinning their wheels in vain.
And of course stupid people speeding & fishtailing all over the roads, it's a given. You have to die to earn the Darwin Award, dumb asses, you really want it that bad?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Watching the guy across the street when I got home shoveing. He would do a couple of scoops and rest on his handle. The snow plow came through and left a snow bank at the end of his driveway. So I busted out the BEAST and went over and hooked him up. Then the evil snow plow dude plugged up the end of my driveway. Took care of that in short order.

It is going to get cold so make sure you are prepped for it.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Goodness! At those temps we Alaskans would consider putting a parka on over our fleece hoodies and breaking out the wool socks!

LOL, seriously though, considering a lot of that midwestern area have homes and buildings not designed for that level of arctic cold, y'all are in for some nasty conditions. Stay warm and for the love of God, stay dry.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I seem to recall the little lake I lived by shooting up the wind speed a good 10 or so MPH.

This one time in the 90's it dumped some 14" of snow everywhere in a couple days. roofs started caving in all about, we got paid $18 an hour plus hotel etc to come shovel roofs off in Grand Rapids there. My friend fell from one of the roofs during a shovel, the snow pile was so thick already he just planted into it and laughed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join