It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on that is NOT a gamechanger?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Please contribute to this ongoing thread

What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxNocerino7
I’m trying to write a story about a scientist who is working on something in the era of the New Republic. He does not believe in the Force. I just need something for him to be researching.

Speaking as a scientist, they won't be working on a huge problem. They'll be working on something small and it will depend on their area of interest. So they might be working on the "Non-linear effects of the stability of flux drive in micro wormholes" or "social signaling and the way of the warrior among the Aleena" or "Differences in T3-M utilization and microjuncture by ethnicity among the Annoo Dat Prime" or "Applications of Bioorganic Differentiation in Sedimentation Compounds of Kalee Tar Pits".

Basically, go to a science journal in the discipline you're interested and browse. Once you find a title you can Star-Wars-Ify (and change the names of the compounds, etc, to a weird string of 3-4 letters plus a number). Bingo, instant research area.

<< 1   >>

join