It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Democrat Claims Democrat Party Being Paid Millions by Cartels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I was just telling the wife this morning about the likelihood of the cartels, who stand to lose billions in drug profits if the walls are built, because they will have to restructure their smuggling strategies, are bribing American politicians to be against the barriers being built.

The writing is on the wall (excuse the pun) that this is a valid thing.

Not only the drugs, but moreso the sex trafficing.

I'm sure that market has more clients in the ruling class than drugs. Their effect by it would be something they'd surely want to minimize.

Yes indeed. This is real evil stuff, and needs to be dealt with.
it is reported, sex/human traffickers are using, much more sophisticated techniques, these days.

It is a whole business. Just keeping the people hidden, during transport of humans. A wall is not going to stop them.

Blab blab blah.

Here I'll use a leftist talking point that's frequently used in gun control debates:

If it saves just one life it would be worth it.

And I'll channel your party and say: it needs to built to see if it'll work. Remember the "we have to pass it to see what's in it" garbage.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

...including little known Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke.

I keep seeing this poseur referred to as a congressman but he lost the race in which he was running so wtf?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Hopefully after the walls are built, and it sends the message to the cartels that their democrat patsies have failed them, will then turn on them and list the names publicly who they bribed.

Or better yet, do what they usually do to people who have no value going forward.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So, even if there is donations coming from the president of Mexico, it is possible part of that bribe is meant to pass through him to some political party campaign. I do not know if this correlation is correct but there is a possibility that the cartel can be donating to either party through business interests they have in the USA. I think the political parties do not investigate where their contributions originate too closely, they do not want to know.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

State not federal

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm genuinely hoping for a cogent response to my question.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: pavil

Is there a list of the bipartisan group that went there? It would be fun to match them up with their border security stances.

It's in the article linking to the May 2016 "trip".

I must be missing it, I don't see a list of the Dems and Republicans who went.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

wall would be very useful in stopping these low level drug mules from entering the US country side, and that's the point. Drugs are only worth the black-marketing if getting them here is as low cost as possible. If drug traffickers are having to spend money digging tunnels, building subs and special boats, or renting airplanes then the costs of trafficking would be cost prohibitive to all but the most wealthy drug cartels.

I think what you’re not taking into consideration is the obscene amount of money the drug trade brings in. We’re talking organizations who can afford to throw away million dollar shipments so the $5 million dollar shipment a few cars back can get in. A million dollars may sound like a lot to you and me but it’s pocket change to these people.

Drug mules aren’t exactly lining up to trek for days on end across an unforgiving desert either. Not when they can bring it across relatively safe in a car the same way it’s done countless times every day at every port of entry.

As to the last part of that quote, there are no “small” cartels. The only ones in operation are the ones big and rich enough to survive the constant conflict between themselves. Any small time operators will wind up in an unmarked hole in the desert.

I find the most asinine reasoning for the wall to be the argument that it’ll somehow stop the drug trade. No wall, no government, no one can stop trade in something a person can make for pennies and sell for thousands of dollars. History should tell everyone that much.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

...including little known Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke.

I keep seeing this poseur referred to as a congressman but he lost the race in which he was running so wtf?

He was a State Representative, not a National office.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: underwerks

Lol. This entire “theory” is based on the faulty assumption that building a few miles of border fence would hamper the drug trade in any way.

Drugs got into this country before any wall, and will get in after whatever wall is built next. Whoever came up with this idea obviously has no idea what they’re talking about.

I think it’s funny right wingers are so desperate they come up with such a half baked idea.

So this is a right-winger idea??

Border patrol agents and the National Guard have been pushing for this for quite some time with the statistics to back up their endorsements.

But underwerks knows better than those on the front lines...😅

Yes. The idea that the Democrats oppose the wall because they are getting paid off by the cartels is a right wing, gatewaypundit level idiot idea.

So color me surprised when I saw the source.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Also, notice the weird way that Republican senators are quiet on the matter?

There are 10 letters in Republican, which is one more than 9, and eight letters in 'senators', which is one less than 9.

9 is also the square of 3.

9 is also the same as a 6 upside down.

Three 6's = 666

Illuminati proven!

edit on 27/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes...its much more believable cause "orange man bad" yea? I mean they voted for it previously right? How do you explain that? So they were for it but now its either they are opposing it solely because trump wants it and thats pretty bad optics on its own...or...they got paid off and are opposing anything that would hamper the cartels. Or can you explain why the 180?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Is there a list of the bipartisan group that went there? It would be fun to match them up with their border security stances.

It's in the article linking to the May 2016 "trip".

I must be missing it, I don't see a list of the Dems and Republicans who went.

SAN JUAN, RGV – Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Leader in the U.S. House, and U.S. Rep. Richard L. Hanna, a Republican from New York, led a bipartisan delegation of legislators to Mexico earlier this week.

They met with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto in Los Pinos on Monday to discuss U.S.-Mexico trade relations, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and immigration. Among those on the trip were Congressman Henry Cuellar of Laredo and Congressman Beto O’Rourke of El Paso.

In addition to Pelosi, Hanna, Cuellar, and O’Rourke, members of Congress on the tour are: Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., Linda Sanchez, D-Calif., Michael Fitzpatrick, R-PA, Michelle Lujan-Grisham, D-NM, Pete Aguilar, D-Calif., Ruben Gallego, D-AZ, and Norma Torres, D-Calif.

(May 2016) Bipartisan congressional delegation visits Mexico City

😎

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When you have Dem Presidential candidates comparing ICE to the KKK,
this makes complete sense. Sheds light on the twisted thinking
one would have to go to to draw a parallell between KKK and ICE.

Kama lah Harris compares ICE to KKK

Video at the link

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The cartels really take the cake. I'm not admiring them because I'm a good natured person but these guys are BRUTAL savages. They make Islamic terrorist groups look humane and moral. The terrorists are doing it for their warped cause, these guys are strictly in it for money, power, and the feels.. not just from drugs. Living the life of a higher up in the cartels probably feels like you're on drugs except all the time. Same for some millionaires and billionaires, depending on how they view and value money and the power it brings.

I've seen some of their videos, they do beheadings but they also do execution and torture videos. I watched one where they cut the guys ears off and put them in his mouth while he's alive, obviously had been tortured up to that point. It gives the feeling of kids mutilating an insect before it dies, except it's a human being. Let's see what this does, that does, laugh at it, the guy is still alive during the whole thing. Their beheadings lack any authority, at least the terrorists act like and think they have divine authority. In a messed up way, it brings a little bit of legitimacy and morality to the Muslim beheading videos. The terrorists usually don't taunt, play with, and torture the person sentenced to death right before and during their execution on camera. I'm sure they do plenty off cam, but the detainee typically looks unharmed in their videos. Not the cartel ones, they're extra sick. The beheadings aren't done with any sort of eagerness or skill. Some gashes here, some slices and sawing there, let the victim flop around in it making horrible noises, laugh at him, taunt and torture him with things like a non lethal gunshot, maiming, etc. They did a boy 16-21yrs of age by slicing up his chest and propping him up, tied up, to sit there and bleed out while they taunted him, then shot him a few times but not lethal immediately, then started the beheading a little, and took their time with it. It looked like he opened his eyes and moved his head to look at the executioner walking back to finish him off with a machete while his head is already half way off.

Happy thoughts

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thank you

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yes...its much more believable cause "orange man bad" yea

Of course. The wall serves no other purpose but as a monument to Trumps ego. Which is why his supporters love it and why the Democrats hate it.

We’re dealing with a 72 year old lifelong rich narcissist who’s never had to deal with real life in any substantial way. This isn’t rocket surgery.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon
a reply to: pavil

Ah, thank you both.

That doesn't change his attempted hispanification though. #Fakepeople

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

I was just telling the wife this morning about the likelihood of the cartels, who stand to lose billions in drug profits if the walls are built, because they will have to restructure their smuggling strategies, are bribing American politicians to be against the barriers being built.

The writing is on the wall (excuse the pun) that this is a valid thing.

90% of the drugs come through the ports of entry. I find it much more likely, there are dirty border agents, and guards, than the Democrats.

The wall is not going to stop much. Tunnels, ladders, and drones, oh my!

90% of drugs from one of the 7 major cartels go through points of entry.

CNN took that out of the entire Homeland Security report and ran with that.

Fake news... sorry.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Crime only works as a viable monetary gain if the transfer of goods is as cheap as possible. If it takes millions to get an item to it's market point, then kidnappings, and extorsion would make better sense for money than drugs. This isn't a regular business with regulations, it's a cheap as possible model or move on to something else. Larger cartels can afford to spend a little extra on new ideas, but the smaller guys (which there are many which are allowed to function as long as they pay into the larger guys pockets) can't afford that.

And as I pointed out in another thread;
"Cancer Treatments isn't 100% effective either, so should we just stop doing that?"

The wall isn't going to 100% do anything other then stand there, but the deterrent that it creates for people just wanting to cross the boarder and drop off packages, transfer people, or grab and go kidnappings will get lowered in frequency that just like cancer treatments, makes it a good enough solution to implement .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join