It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dam collapses again in Brazil; Over 58 dead and 300 missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Nearly 24,000 people were ordered to leave area amid fears a second dam could collapse

Brazilian firefighters on Sunday resumed searching for hundreds of people missing after a mining dam ruptured on Friday, triggering a deadly mudslide containing toxic and heavy metals such as zinc and mercury that buried mining facilities and nearby homes.

The number of deaths from a collapsed dam at a Brazilian iron mine rose on Sunday from 37 to 58, a spokesperson for the Civil Defense said. Authorities said 427 people were in the iron mine when the dam burst. Many animals such as chickens, cows, monkeys and fish were caught and killed in the dam rupture as well.

Dam collapses again in Brazil; Over 58 dead and 300 missing

edit on Sun Jan 27 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So much destruction these days.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
So much destruction these days.

I think it is no different than before...we are just more connected.
edit on 28-1-2019 by theatreboy because: I can not spell

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

These dams are built cheaply. The engineers know many of them will fail. According to one study the failure rate is 1.2%

www.911metallurgist.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Frocharocha

These dams are built cheaply. The engineers know many of them will fail. According to one study the failure rate is 1.2%

www.911metallurgist.com...

Still better than 100% failure rate

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 01:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

Nearly 24,000 people were ordered to leave area amid fears a second dam could collapse

Brazilian firefighters on Sunday resumed searching for hundreds of people missing after a mining dam ruptured on Friday, triggering a deadly mudslide containing toxic and heavy metals such as zinc and mercury that buried mining facilities and nearby homes.

The number of deaths from a collapsed dam at a Brazilian iron mine rose on Sunday from 37 to 58, a spokesperson for the Civil Defense said. Authorities said 427 people were in the iron mine when the dam burst. Many animals such as chickens, cows, monkeys and fish were caught and killed in the dam rupture as well.

Dam collapses again in Brazil; Over 58 dead and 300 missing uno online

edit on Sun Jan 27 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

OMG...Is there any information on the cause of the dam collapse and whether it could have been prevented?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That cow us like "dude what the hell" lol

new topics

top topics

join