It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Mothman Sighting Gary, Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
First official thread here, this story hits really close to home for me. Didn't see anything posted about it yet; but if I am wrong please let me know.
On Saturday, January 19th 2019 in Gary, Indiana; possible "Mothman" sighted on Chase St. I have found a few links from outside sourcing this encounter and basically chalks it up briefly. I haven't heard of a Mothman case in this area at all, the fact that this event had been reported definitely feels odd. Apparently, this is the second winged creature sighting. The first dates back to September 2018 on 43rd Ave. I never have followed the Mothman lore but this definitely grabbed my attention.

Gary resident "Terror-Stricken"

2nd Winged Creature Observed in Gary, Indiana

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It can't be mothman if it has bat like wings!

It would have to be called ... batman!

A question if I may ...

Was there a Robin in the trees as well?

I am very skeptical of such sightings. I am very sure there is an excuse for not having photos after getting the kids inside the house.

No reports of anyone going inside to get a gun ... in America.

Sounds like a shot gun would have been the weapon of choice.

Possibly a remote control flying wing prank-a-toy.

P

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Interesting, I've read mothman prophecies and it's a great book, but lonecloudhopper posted in my thread about elementals an event about a phenomenon witnessed by many people named spring heeled jack, a story that apparently influenced the writer of batman, you should check it out, things do seem to be getting stranger around the world these days.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-1-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Knowing about what the mothman supposedly is and what Gary, Indiana is, I wouldn’t be surprised.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Too cold out for bats and the like. no matter their size.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
I myself, am very skeptical of these reports as well which is the main reason I decided to post about it. Out of all things that happen in Gary, Indiana (which has held the title of "Murder Capitol" a couple times), and the somewhat newly famous Demon House; this was the last thing I could ever imagine being reported on.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Thanks for the response, being a fan of Batman; I will have to read up on this!

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just came across this article as well and find it to be interesting.

Humanoid Winged Creature Observation Timeline for Lake Michigan

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It can't be mothman if it has bat like wings!

It would have to be called ... batman!

A question if I may ...

Was there a Robin in the trees as well?

I am very skeptical of such sightings. I am very sure there is an excuse for not having photos after getting the kids inside the house.

No reports of anyone going inside to get a gun ... in America.

Sounds like a shot gun would have been the weapon of choice.

Possibly a remote control flying wing prank-a-toy.

P

It sounded more "Jersey Devil" like than mothmanish. Could the Jersey Devils be migrating out of the pine barrens for more fertile land in the west to feed?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I can't imagine that they would seek the fertile land of Gary...but then again it is Gary.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DARKMINDEDSTAR

I can't imagine that they would seek the fertile land of Gary...but then again it is Gary.

I figured that given how the pine barrens is, small mammal and dead game is what Jersey Devils eat. I'm not able to study them because lets face it they are cryptids, but given the reports about them I would have to figure that's what they eat. Jersey Devils seem to be out in the winter getting foods (kind of like bears right before hibernation time), so it would make sense that they might do the same. What's the rodent issue in and near Gary?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

In terms of rodents Gary isn't overwhelmed but the city is in ruins and past poverty.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DARKMINDEDSTAR

So possible rats, but most certainly racoons and possums (just not in the same areas). Any owls in the area? Could be competing for food sources.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Absolutely, owls, possums, racoons, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well if true.

And if we follow the mothman legend criteria something bad should be happening there. Although, from what I have seen so far from Gary, Indiana it seems like something bad happens all the time. Maybe mothman just lives in the Chicago area permanently.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Couldn't agree with you more lol

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

People keep seeing mothman in Chicago

What Amitrano saw that night was one of 55 reported Chicago-area sightings of a flying humanoid in 2017. Accounts have varied from "a large, black, bat-like being with glowing red eyes” to "a big owl” or something that resembled a "Gothic gargoyle” or a “Mothman.” Most eyewitnesses spotted the being in-flight, but some particularly disturbing reports detailed it dropping onto hoods of cars, peering in through windows, and swooping down at bystanders. The alleged “Mothman” has captured the attention of the city, from local media articles and rap songs to Halloween costumes and countless speculative Facebook groups. Amitrano later remembered seeing something on Facebook about the sightings, and as he read more about it he contacted Lon Strickler, a self-described Fortean researcher who’s been compiling all of the Chicago sightings on his website Phantoms and Monsters. Strickler—whose book Mothman Dynasty: Chicago's Winged Humanoids was released last month—has been investigating paranormal sightings since the late 1970s and claims to have seen both a “Mothman” and Bigfoot. Since the rash of sightings started in February, he’s been painstakingly interviewing witnesses and documenting their accounts.

There's something definitely in that area around Lake Superior that is causing these sightings.

I think the Mothman sightings are almost like the Chupacabra, centralized in one area, Mothman seems to pop up around Lake Superior, and Lake Erie.

top topics

join