It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford’s Remote Viewer Ingo Swann And His Encounter With The ‘Men In Black’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
For a thoroughly objective, sceptical but open-minded overview of the entire history of RV, Jim Schnabel's 'Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies' (1997) is hard to beat.

When first published, the only way I had access to it in the UK was via an imported copy, despite his TV Documentary on the subject having aired on British TV a couple of years before. Typical of Schnabel, it's imminently readable, helped by the author's enthusiastic-yet-cautious, humorous-yet-respectful approach.

Ingo Swann pops up to personally train Schnabel in RV techniques, so the book does 'get its hands dirty' rather than simply viewing from afar (if you pardon the pun).

I need to read it again to refresh myself. Can't believe it was written 22 years ago.

edit on 28-1-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
whoops..
edit on 29-1-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hi, I think what you suggest is common within psychics, or at least that is one of the more likely explanations. I also believe they end up convincing themselves they have these powers.

It's hard to believe though, I'm prone to self deprecating in many 'skill sets' whereas in order to convince yourself you have these powers you would have to be the opposite of that. I guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

"The four of them flew to the west coast in a Learjet, but Swann was never told exactly where they were headed to."

Not sure what that says about his remote viewing 'ability'?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's all conceivable, isn't it? I can't rule out the possibility that some people have perceptions and experiences that can't currently be defined or explained. Swann might have had a few unusual experiences and believed he had 'level boss' powers. The CIA guys behind SRI could have inflated his self-belief by staged incidents and flattery.

It's hard to believe though, I'm prone to self deprecating in many 'skill sets' whereas in order to convince yourself you have these powers you would have to be the opposite of that. I guess.

You're right, it's hard to believe. He had a lot of confidence and the 90s interviews sounded like he had no doubts whatsoever. Hubris at times. Whatever the case, it's hard to find criticism of him by those who ever met him. Decent fella whether he was some psychic edgelord or a useful idiot.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

He was supposed to be at a Psychic Fair but it was cancelled Due to Unforeseen Circumstances

edit on 29-1-2019 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

"The four of them flew to the west coast in a Learjet, but Swann was never told exactly where they were headed to."

Like he said, to make it work, you have to be in a relatively quiet place with no stress. Like being on the edge of sleep. My thought, however, is that he really must have trusted this "Mr. Axelrod" to get in a plane without knowing where he was going or why. Would you do that?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Are there any lakes west of Stanford? He said he thought they could have been in Alaska which raises a huge red flag for me. There'd be no reason for Axelrod and the twins to withhold that kind of information considering how huge Alaska is and how 'not west of San Fran' it is. It's a five hour flight today so potentially 10 hours flight with the guys and no chit chat about destination?

Then there's the question of why Captain Superpowers couldn't at least RV the state the lake was in...not even the nearest town.

It could have been staged for Swann's benefit so they could elevate his status with the men staring at goats. Or he could have made it up himself to elevate his own status. The idea he was taken to see an alien drone craft in an unknown area sounds less likely than the others possibilities.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
if there is a UFO book that could be called over the top and cheesy is ingo swan's penetration, his claims are corey goode level to me

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: uncommitted

Like he said, to make it work, you have to be in a relatively quiet place with no stress. Like being on the edge of sleep. My thought, however, is that he really must have trusted this "Mr. Axelrod" to get in a plane without knowing where he was going or why. Would you do that?

It was a joke, I'm not particularly taken with Swann's claims which to the best of my knowledge have never been independently validated.

As to your last point what actual reason do you think there was not to trust him?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Just doing my part to fix ats

If you care abouATS you'll star this post

top topics

<< 1   >>

join