It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Scarves March in Paris or Media manipulation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
time.com...

The "foulards rouges" is demanding an end to the violence witnessed at yellow-vest (gilets jaunes) rallies.
“We don’t share all the demands expressed by the yellow vest movement, for instance demands about overthrowing the government, brutalizing institutions,” Laurent Segnis, a member of Macron’s centrist Republic on the Move party, said.

Sure there are protests, and often counter protests. Things like that happen in the US too. What I find interesting is that the photos appear to be
large crowds, but they are very blurry. All of them are blurry, like they have been edited, or cropped with other crowds. Also for a united protest, there doesn't seem to be a lot of red scarves like there were yellow vest.

So I went to look for a video.

I found this one. Looks pretty legit, until there is a big crowd scene, then it get all blurry again.
Look at the large crowd scenes. Pause it and tell me if you think some of the red scarves and people in the back look photoshopped. (I do)
like at 5:37

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

close up of a guy with a red scarf

Same scene, person in the background.... If that isn't photoshop I don't know what is

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nope

doesn't look photoshopped to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

These so called Red Scarves look like Govt supporters or even employers of Macron govt. They look like stooges for sure. Judging from the video, it seems they were agents. They didn't look like normal protesters.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

These so called Red Scarves look like Govt supporters or even employers of Macron govt. They look like stooges for sure. Judging from the video, it seems they were agents. They didn't look like normal protesters.

Yes! Something is just off. The first couple rows of the protest look staged, but the back doesn't look natural, like it is footage taken from another gathering. Why is everything blurred?
Maybe the scarves are photoshopped, maybe they aren't, but something is totally off.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So a member of Macron's Party is a spokesperson of the "Red Scarves"

.....call me unimpressed with their creatvity.

This isn't De Gaulle in 1968. It's Laughable.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Astroturf (tm), now in candyapple red.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It's just a low quality video. Were you expecting perfect focus at all distances with pin-sharp freeze-frame clarity? If you are spending your Sunday afternoon forensically examining videos, then you are clearly out to find something.

It's a reasonable turn-out of people who think the so-called "yellow vests" have gone too far with their periodic vandalism and violence.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

While it's entirely possible that yellow vest protestors are committing acts of vandalism, I think it's just as likely that the French government is taking a page out of Canada's playbook and sending cops dressed as protestors to do the damage.

A good indicator would be to see if the media covers peaceful yellow vest protests as well as the violent ones. Here in the US, there is barely any coverage at all. And we are always told it is about gas taxes.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Both groups have different agendas

The Yellow Vests are mainly protesting about hardship policies, low pay,
inequality for the lower classes, kicking Macron out etc and high gas prices

The Red Scarves, are protesting about inaction on climate change, pollution
and denouncing the 'casseurs that the Yellows don't denounce strongly enough

There's a clip, taken at Bastille, showing a face off between both groups
and in the middle, the police, keeping them a part

The Yellows can be seen shouting "Red scarves, bourgoisie"
and the Reds coming back with "Yellow vests, go find a job"

Both camps took the chants very, very, offensively