It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought I was watching a rocket launch.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hello,

Today while I was out mountain biking to the west of Las Vegas, I noticed a familiar sight, a rocket launch from California. Except this turned out to be different, instead of the rocket disappearing to the west, it came towards Las Vegas. Then another launched and then another. I saw 3 total. These all had the same initial rocket contrails, and then they turned into what appeared to be jet contrails. All 3 were flying well above all commercial jets in the area. I have pictures and video, unfortunately they are from my Note 8, but still pretty good. Does anyobe know what these are? I'm uploading the vids now.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: turbo8

How do you know they were above commercial jets? How long were they visible?

Sounds like contrails. Often mistaken for rockets.
edit on 1/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know, I wanted to do this posting on my desktop, but my internet went down, so I'm on my cell phone.
Having trouble embedding pictures so:
drive.google.com...
This was the 1st one. Notice how the contrails changed? I am certain the same object created both trails.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Was there any noise accompanying what you saw, distant rumble or boom perhaps?

regards.

bally

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Contrails occasionally do that as the aircraft moves into different atmospheric conditions.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Could very well have been a rocket.

But, judging from the smoke trail, and the picture of the object in flight, I might venture to guess that the rocket was in fact a large, hobby rocket.

Similar to what they once (still do?) launch up near Black Rock, NV during LDRS (Large Destructive Rocket Ships).

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is a commercial plane at 10x zoom

This was the unknown object 10x zoom
edit on 27-1-2019 by turbo8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Looked like a rocket to me, too. Straight up. Never seen a contrail look like that; ever. Great find and pic. Maybe a commercial rocket?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

They aren't going straight up, they're approaching the person looking at them. It's perspective.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

A smaller commercial aircraft isn't going to look the same, but will leave a similar contrail.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It came from behind the mountains. They don't launch rockets towards Las Vegas. There's a reason all the launch sites are either on the coast, or very remote areas of Texas and New Mexico.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It came from behind the mountains. They don't launch rockets towards Las Vegas. There's a reason all the launch sites are either on the coast, or very remote areas of Texas and New Mexico.

I know that is why I started this tread, if the rocket went the other way, I would not have cared. Since all 3 came towards Vegas, I thought it was quite interesting.
edit on 27-1-2019 by turbo8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They don’t legally launch towards Vegas, true.

But, I’ve know many an amateur who has, in a fit of enthusiastic “what-hell-we’ll-be gone-before-they-can-catch-us” disregard for the legal, set up and launch from un-approved locations.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

For sh!ts and giggles, I know this plane is below 10k feet
And thus, would not produce a contrail.

another one, it abruptly turned here.

Looks like a jet. Again, how long were they visible?

edit on 1/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I kind of think they resemble fighter contrails. Fighters can climb vertically, fly fast, maneuvre suddenly, fly above the commercial traffic at 50+ K feet, etc. The size of the contrails look fighter like - they often appear as a single plume as opposed to airliners which are mostly twin plumes.

I applaud you for taking pictures and video! The net is full of “I saw a big black triangle ten feet above the trees lit up like the space ship on ET, with spotlights searching the ground and red orbs, never thought to get my phone out” and “20 cars pulled over to watch the craft” and nobody gets a phone out, then posts pictures of kittens and TV dinners on Instagram and texts while driving.

Good work!

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheHans
Thanks for sharing. I kind of think they resemble fighter contrails. Fighters can climb vertically, fly fast, maneuvre suddenly, fly above the commercial traffic at 50+ K feet, etc. The size of the contrails look fighter like - they often appear as a single plume as opposed to airliners which are mostly twin plumes.

I applaud you for taking pictures and video! The net is full of “I saw a big black triangle ten feet above the trees lit up like the space ship on ET, with spotlights searching the ground and red orbs, never thought to get my phone out” and “20 cars pulled over to watch the craft” and nobody gets a phone out, then posts pictures of kittens and TV dinners on Instagram and texts while driving.

Good work!

Thanks! They very well could be fighters.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

An amateur rocket wouldn't leave a trail that would be mistaken for aircraft contrails.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join