It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something moving in the trees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
That's quite an interesting piece of video.

At .14 what I'm seeing (in HD on a large screen) is movement of what looks like a huge "U" shaped set of antlers or branches with a central "figure" between them.
Over the next 3-4 secs the figure moves to our right (together with the antler/branches) and then stops.
The figure then drops down low to the ground (from our perspective) and stays low for a few secs.
It re-appears (as if standing up from a crouched position) in the same location but at an angle, leaning towards our right.
It pauses for a few secs, then moves off to our right and gets lost from view as the camera pans left.

I don't really see any antler/branches after the pause and drop-down, so I'm thinking that the start of the video maybe shows someone (or something!) standing still, holding a large "V" shaped branch. They then lift & carry that branch off to our right for a few steps before setting it down. Maybe it falls over and that's when the drop-down takes place?
They drop down out of sight, perhaps unsuccessfully trying to retrieve the situation, and then re-appear bent over at an angle (tired or maybe looking down at the branch thing?).
They then decide to leave it and wander off to the right again...

I don't see any birds/bats or similar.

I've taken some screenshots and cropped them (with notes) to make it easier to explain what I'm seeing:

I've also joined these into an animated gif which makes the movement a bit clearer:

***If you watch the video again (in HD) after seeing this animated gif, it's easier to see what's going on then.***

I think that it could be a large Elk of similar, but I don't see the main part of it's body as it moves to the side?
I think it more likely to be a bipedal (human or...?) holding a large "V" shaped branch, which it then drops...

What do you guys think?

G

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I found another video from that poster.

I believe it is a different video . ( the original videos wasn't cropped from this one)
It gives you some perspective on distance and size
Also there is sound but it doesn't really add much IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I really don't think it's a flock of birds, it's perfectly stationary for the first 13 seconds of the video, and maintains the same shape the entire time it moves to the right. The shape of a flock of birds would change as they fly.

That's really cool. I have no guess as to what it is, but I really don't think it's birds.

Playing skeptic: could someone with a better eye for video than me explain why the person filming would zoom in to that degree while filming a sunset? If they wanted a closer shot, why wouldn't they zoom in further? It's probably nothing and me just being overly analytical, but it seems like they zoom in to the exact point where the treeline is in focus, just a few seconds before the thing moves. Was the person filming in on it/knew the thing was going to move?

Again, it could be nothing, just playing devil's advocate.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I cant believe no one has caught it yet.

It's branches and leaves that are in the foreground giving the impression of being in the background.

Look again, it must be about 10'-20' in front of cameraman.

"BOOM BOOM BOOM"
-Q

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

That is what I think as well. In the second video I posted there is similar visual anomalies.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

My guess is that it was a tree falling in the woods. That is a rare event, and a serious coincidence, but it looks like that to my eye.

Nice catch, whatever it is!

This has my vote too..Falling tree, either on it's own or someone cut it down..It's top seemed to interfere with other trees as it fell.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
It does look like its in the background. But it could be foreground grass, I watched to vid again, its hard to tell and it is out of focus in the foreground. But it does follow typical deer and elk behavior when they dont want to be spotted over a skyline.

Had a deer in the backyard a year ago tried to do the same thing, eventually after it thought I lost eyesight of it. It dropped down in a bush and stood real still. I walked like 10 feet away from it, and could see the tip of its antlers sticking out. But it is a lot more bushy were I live, just bush and pines, some pines are two refrigerators thick and I think over 100 feet tall.

But looking at that vid again and the new one. It looks like its a out of focus dead grass or small leafless tree in the foreground. Its hard to tell on video, in fact almost impossible, and when it gets close to dusk like that cameras become pretty bad, to basically useless. If I were there and seen it by eye, you can tell what it was right away by sight. But on camera its hard to judge anything.

So judging by those trees and how far they are, they look at least 50 feet or more, not big but not small. So if its elk, or somebody trampsping around with a branch over there head. They have some ridiculously huge antlers or branches, I mean if its in the backround its a quarter of the length of those trees, and if those trees are close to 50 feet. Well you get the picture, and trying to hide themselves for some reason.

Since no elk or any animal would get that big around here on planet earth, and I dont think or see a reason why anybody would try to carry a branch split in two around and hide it from sight for whatever reason while going from tree to tree.

So ya, going by the camera most likely something in the foreground a sapling or grass, out of focus, which skylines when the camera moves.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

oooh, that 2nd video has a lot of foreground action!
Yup, when you apply that to the first video it could well be foreground grass/twigs etc.
And, on watching the original video again... the figure does seem to move in the opposite direction to the camera movement, so yup - I agree that it's most likely to be foreground grass etc combined with camera movement.
Shame really! LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Could it be some mad git falling over in the woods after whittling wooden mushrooms?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Could it be some mad git falling over in the woods after whittling wooden mushrooms?

NO!
(I'd have REMEMBERED THAT!) LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That's a branch from a bush about 10 feet in front of the camera. When he pans the camera left the branch "moves" right making it appear as something near the horizon.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I didn't want to start a thread on this unknown animal, so I'll just link to a quick video of it. The animal looks like it belongs in trees...but it's on the ground acting confused and lost.

A hurt bat, as some are saying in the comments??: twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join