It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Area In Photograph

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
edit on 29-1-2019 by lunarrover because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry my mobile went haywire i will respond using the boxes i created by accident

Unless a mod can delete them

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lunarrover

Nothing strange in that image at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Lots of strange stuff on the ground for certain. One crater close by shows a cylindrical object with another smaller shaft centered into the larger cylinder. All kinds of mechanical equipment in this image.

Some people just don't have mental wiring to distinguish between rocks and artificial things.

This a pretty famous image that Mark D'antonio (expert image analyst for MUFON), said is definitely showing things that officially should not be there.

Give your head a shake, there's nothing strange or unusual there at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Just like this one?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lunarrover
Funnily enough I had a family member round from Canada who asked me for some pics and if I could scan them. Turned out I had 26 images to scan.

OK, 26 images in the last month, but I asked about last year, not last month.

So the answer is yes in the last month and none had the frosty masking cos you have to intentionally add that. what a mundane dead end job that would be, cant think of anything more dull.

The quality of the image depends on several things, the most obvious one being the quality of the original. If you have a low contrast original you can do two things: preserve the original look or change it during the scanning process. If you are scanning a photo to put on a site or just for your own use it's natural that you adjust the scanning process to give you what you think is the best result, but if you are scanning the photo to make the best possible digital copy of the original photo then, if the photo has low contrast you will have a low contrast digital image.

The biggest advantage of making the digital version look the same as the original is (besides preserving the information) the fact that when you apply any kind of processing to the digital image you are working with the biggest amount of data (specially if you scanned the image at more than 8 bits per pixel, like the ASU photos, that were scanned at 14 bits per pixel), and that amount of data allows you to adjust the image to enhance either the highlights or the shadows without losing any information.

If you start by adjusting the scanner to give a higher contrast to the image then, if you want to enhance the shadows or highlights you will have less data to work with, as the first adjustment removed what it considered redundant information.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Shame they did not mention the frosting pane, but then why would they.

I think I read their fanciful explanations about scanning on their site.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

All you do is a defog edit the contrast and brightness and billion year old jpeg artefacts start appearing wink wink nudge nudge.

Teehee

Why don't you prove it

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: InhaleExhale

Like a low level asperger, patterns are how I live my life.

There is the answer to our question people like you would argue black was white a friend of my is like you.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Shame they did not mention the frosting pane, but then why would they.

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T ****ING EXIST, THAT'S WHY!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Take a chill pill bruv, you are just convincing me that it does. How so a clear edge and then mr frosty makes an appearance?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

low res image

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

first low res
second Moon so what.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

a reply to: InhaleExhale

Like a low level asperger, patterns are how I live my life.

There is the answer to our question people like you would argue black was white a friend of my is like you.

It's also pretty much how every human being functions. Pattern recognition is a basic human function - it's how we learn to read, understand the world around us and how not to do stupid things.

Pattern recognition as a skill requires that you can spot, and correctly interpret, patterns that actually exist. The OP has no pattern recognition skills because he is seeing patterns, and objects, that aren't there at all, and is being dishonest about it by using sources that preclude him form being able to do so.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lunarrover

What point are you trying to make? I cannot see that you have anything to bring to this thread except your bs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join