It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Area In Photograph

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lunarrover
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I will take the challenge and post all I have if you like.

I guess it is a challenge to view an original image after making wild bogus claims based on edited ones

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lunarrover

Is there really any point? Given that you've already dismissed freely available high resolution images from a variety of sources and only seem interested low resolution images over-contrasted images that satisfy your confirmation bias it seems a waste of everyone's bandwidth.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Not at all, where is the vested interest? I don't get the self appointed "guardian of the fallacy" stance? What are the drivers behind that? Who's pulling the strings? I just can't get my head around it. I am not bias I just don't get the point of looking at images that have had the Disney frost applied to them.
edit on 28-1-2019 by lunarrover because: Is

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Put it this way if you were watching the evening news at 6 and decided the contrast and brightness were off so you adjusted them and it all of a sudden turned in to Alice in Wonderland you wouldn't ask any questions?
Seriously?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lunarrover

Put it this way if you were watching the evening news at 6 and decided the contrast and brightness were off so you adjusted them and it all of a sudden turned in to Alice in Wonderland you wouldn't ask any questions?
Seriously?

Seriously?

I had to delete everything I posted

I wish you the best, I really do.

I hope its intentional but if not I wish you the best.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You're making the massive assumption that it's a fallacy and that there are strings to be pulled.

Download the raw unprocessed images from China and Japan. Prove us all wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This video shows the area pretty good IMO, note the glass biosphere at the southern most tip of Mare Smythii.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why what did you post?

You dont have to be uber specific, a general jist will do.
edit on 28-1-2019 by lunarrover because: do

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

My eyes are having trouble focusing on the center is the picture. It's like its blurred or airbrushed in the center. Almost as if something has been airbrushed out.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: just2cents

It's probably the Disney frost playing havoc.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Quite likely.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Link to your source please. Also a link to information on "Disney Frost".

Remember you are on a site with a large number of people with expert or near expert knowledge of image manipulation.

Why is it flipped? If you altered the original, please describe in detail what you did, what software was used and provide a link to the original image before manipulation without compression. If you found it the way it is, a link to your original source would do.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And I can guarantee there has been no 'Disney frosting' on this image. It's a photo of my own copy of the "Lunar Orbiter Photographic Atlas of the Moon", published in 1971 showing Kiess crater (not Kies crater, which is different - did you get that yet?).

and here is China's view from Chang'e-1.

and from the higher resolution Chang'e-2:

Japan's (a simple composite of 4 low resolution jpgs):

and compare that with the Apollo 16 image from the Apollo Image Atlas:

If you can find anything different in that, other than it being lower resolution than other images taken by other probes, be my guest. There won't be, not because there is a conspiracy to hide anything, but because there is nothing there to hide.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I found the image as is on my computer, a friend forwarded it on to me over a year ago. Since learning the frame number it would appear it has been rotated, contrast and brightness adjusted resized and cropped and that is about it.

Re Disney-Frost
When the images were scanned the photo lab tech added a frosted pane over the scanner before placing the image on the scanner to obfuscate the detail, a bit like when Disney create cartoons they use a transparent layover with the character on.
Some images online show a clearer line down one side where the frosted pane did not cover the image properly. go see if you can find any pics online with a clear edge on around a few mm in size or smaller in some cases.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Staff has asked you to link your sources, not give definitions.

Try again.

This is a 2nd request from staff that you link your sources.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

They have all been manipulated.

Sorry but they have all been faked.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yes and I have tried to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge amd limited abilities.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Your thread and its up to you to provide sources. How about a link to the images showing the "clearer line down one side".

One reason I've seen for flipping images is to make it impossible to do a reverse image search.

The original that was linked was what it should have looked like with no filtering. We know what a frost filter is and that's not the case. The reason for the low contrast in unmanipulated images is the Moons albedo, not a filter.

The image you posted is worthless for any useful purpose.

edit on 1/28/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That is your opinion and you are entitled to have it, I suppose a point to make is that from different missions you get CGI looking map from LRO WAC to Clementine to Cheng all show differing detail either look fake or real or out of focus etc.

Even one LROC image I have found looks like the moon is made from nuts and bolts

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

The red spot looks like rusty metal and nuts and bolts ?

Zoom in to the print to see the edge of deceit - Disney-Frost
www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 28-1-2019 by lunarrover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Right hand side

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Disney-Frost
edit on 28-1-2019 by lunarrover because: link correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join