It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Iraq car bombing causes carnage: Over 100 killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
105 people are dead in Iraq today as a result of a massive car bomb which went off in the town of Hilla, 100km south of Baghdad. Apparantly the car was driven by a suicide bomber to a queue of people applying for state jobs before setting it off. At least 130 others were injured outside this attack on a government office in what is believed to be a campaign against US-backed authorities, targeting anyone associated with such.

news.bbc.co.uk

It is the deadliest bombing in Iraq for months
At least 105 people have been killed in a massive car bomb south of Baghdad, local medical officials say.

At least 130 others have been wounded in the blast in Hilla, 100km (60 miles) south of the capital.

The car, reportedly driven by a suicide bomber, exploded near a queue of people applying for government jobs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems terrorists are doing all they can to disrupt any kind of progress that is made in a bid for peace, seemingly willing to kill many innocents in defiance against the US intervention.

Could these attacks be a last, desperate attempts of a side who will stop at nothing to have it their way or will they cause enough unrest to add more people to their cause?

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Those people in line just wanted a job. Pointlessly murdered just like the rest.

Why do the Iraqi people still tolerate these terrorist? Better yet, why do some support them? Look at what they have done. People rant and rave about what the U.S. has done to the Iraqi people, how the U.S. has killed and terrorized women and children.

How many people here know a soldier in Iraq? How many of you know a soldier who would knowingly pull the trigger on an innocent? NONE. Thats all these terrorist do. They kill innocent men, women, and children PURPOSELY to get back at the U.S. and further their own terrorist agenda. And the horrible thing is, they seem to get more global support then the U.S. ! How could people support these thugs, LOOK AT THEM, LOOK AT WHAT THEY'VE DONE. Look at what they do every single day, murder, murder, and more murder.

No pity for those who got caught and are spending their days in Cuba right now. None at all. At least those that are in there for legitiment reasons. They don't care about taking away life, why should we care about their's?

Absolutely insane world we are in right now

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Health directorate in Iraq`s Hilla says 105 killed, 130 wounded in car bomb blast

(Reuters)

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
No, those terrorists would have just targeted a different group. They attacked a target of opportunity. 100 km south of Baghdad huh, bet the driver came from the Salmon Pak Training Camp just 25 Km south and east of Baghdad. It is or used to be the most sophisticated training facility in the regon. Iraqi Army Capt, or former any ways, Mr. Sabah Khododa was or still is directorate M 21 of Iraqi intel DSO (division special operations), runs Salmon Pak.

interview w/a terrorist leader

[edit on 28-2-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I feel for these people just like I do all killed in terror bombings. Israeli, Plestinian, American, Iraqi, etc.

These people just wanted a job. What must it be like to be a normal civilian in the midst of all this? Foreign armies in your streets, insurgents killing anyone who they think is rooting for the wrong team, people just caught in the shrapnel.

What can they do the average peace loving Iraqi? They voted, at least the ones who weren't intimidated or forced not to did. They try to have peace but it quite literally blows up in their face. Innocent people are being used to further the agenda of the bombers. Can you imagine the fear these people must have? Try to get a job, you might be killed, walk down the street you might be blown up. Live close to an insurgent, you might get a bomb accidentaly dropped on your house.

Saddam had things locked down with fear, even the insurgents and radicals couldnt get any power, now that there is a hint of freedom, they want to use this freedom as a way to strangle the country with their own brand of fear. I think even if the US leaves this will continue on.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
horrible horrible news, media is masquerading this as a terrorist attack, but its nothing but civil war between Sunis and Shiites.

Civilians will get the worst part of it just like in any other war and one can only imagine what kinds of hell will emerge if the coalition redraws its forces out of Iraq. Or did they really intend to leave in the first place?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
funny how very few media mention that the 100 killed were future police recruits, waiting for their medical record in order to apply for police work.
so i guess somebody was targeting the "future police".

is there any hope for peace at all in this place?

or are there people that want this "endless war" to work, just too powerfull
and really can not be stopped?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Death toll in Iraq car bombing rises to 125

Iraq's U.S.-backed government has repeatedly accused Syria of abetting militants.

Rebekka

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
sooner or later syria is going to be the one to blame for each bomb attack in the middle east region.
that will sure help to make the way for any military intervention.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not only a hundred men were killed, but think about all of their families and relatives. How are they supposed to earn anything from now on?! Those filthy ...

I was just talking to my hairdresser. He's from Iraq and his brother still lives in Bagdad with his family. He told me he was watching Al Jazeera last week when suddenly the school where his brother is working came in the news. Some terrorist blew up a large portion of the school. He immediately grabbed the phone and called his brother. He turned out to be a the other side of the school when the grenades came in and he was unharmed.
When I asked him why his family was still out there in the trenches he told me that it's too expensive to leave Iraq. Besides if you have a job you just don't quit. So in Iraq a job seems to be more important than a man's life; How about that now?!

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Olafski]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said in an interview witth Italy's la Repubblica newspaper the United States might attack his country

"If, however, you ask me if I'm expecting an armed attack (from the United States), well I've seen it coming since the end of the war in Iraq. It's from then that tensions have been rising," he added.

Asked if a "settling of scores" was imminent, Assad said: "I don't think so, for now it's just skirmishing. True, the White House language, if looked at in detail, leads one to expect a campaign similar to the one that led up to attack on Iraq."

Yedioth Internet

Rebekka

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Noticed how all these incidents have taken the focus of Iran and re-directed it on Syria?

And people ask who stands to gain the most from this?
You can say the U.S., or Israel or anyone else for that matter, but truth beknown, it is Iran that stands the most to gain.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Absolutely horrible display of humanity. Same as we saw in 9/11. Same as we saw in Madrid. Same as we saw in that Russian school. Same as we have been seeing for decades from terrorism. When are some going to wake up and realize that we have a problem and start helping fight against this!!!!!!!......world is devided when it should be joined to take care of this problem. My heart goes out to these innocent people and their families just looking for some hope.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Noticed how all these incidents have taken the focus of Iran and re-directed it on Syria?

so if my guess is right, i think its syria's turn now too.
all eyez on syria.
surprised?

And people ask who stands to gain the most from this?
You can say the U.S., or Israel or anyone else for that matter, but truth beknown, it is Iran that stands the most to gain.

and if you ask who gains from this,
i have to agree with you when saying that iran stand the most to gain.
with them out of the picture for now, and all eyes on syria,
i am sure they can use this time to prepare some more, since they know they are next in line.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Welll, Dutch media DID mention "future" police-officers etc and thus there was some strategical value to this attack.

The overall objective being trying to keep the american government constantly busy from getting Iraq enough stabillised to pull out the troops and have them march through the street of Damasus or Teheran, better wage war at your front door, than inside your house...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Man, that is just plain horrible! I'm just wondering when the Iraqi civilians are going to lose it, say enough is enough, and just start "cleaning house".

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

More than 2,000 people demonstrated Tuesday at the site of a car bombing south of Baghdad that killed 125 people, chanting "No to terrorism!"

Source

Looks like this latest attack has backfired on them big time as you can see.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
At least three more explosions in Baghdad. Very few details yet.

Explosions in vicinity of Baghdad's interior ministry

"At least three explosions jolted central Baghdad Thursday
morning near Iraq's interior ministry, shooting a plume of smoke into the sky.

Police shut down the roads to the interior ministry, a towering building in
eastern Baghdad. In the area around the building, smoke was seen rising and gunshots rang out after the blasts just before 7:30 am (0430 GMT).

A policeman sealing off the roads said the explosions were an attack against the interior ministry. It was impossible to confirm independently.

Ambulances and police cars were rushing to the cordoned off area."

EDIT: carbombs again. Several killed. Reuters
and here is CNN...

[edit on 2005/3/3 by Hellmutt]

top topics

join