It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE...My Gawd!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: musicismagic

Well, that's an interesting question requiring an answer. I'm intrigued now specially since Night Stars response and the skiing thread.

Kind regards Bally.

you know that times of being wanting answers are now "you are the enemy" so stfu.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Crikey mate. You might have taken that the wrong way. Sorry if I offended. Not intentional.

regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'll just leave these here. I know January and February are brutal for the cold. But yet here is where I choose to live because of the woods and the lakes and rivers. Wouldnt change it for the world. Until I get really old.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Heated tanker saves the day in the near future, eh FCD?

originally posted by: Justso
You have got to move. That's crazy living.

Florida is a great cattle ranch state for a reason. Yes, it gets hot but at least we have water anytime of the year.

Lived in Minnesota for 20 years. Done. Done. Done.

Uh, it might be easier, but cattle from any other state out there are meatier beasts than the 4-legged twigs out of FL. I've NEVER seen scrawnier cattle than the ones raised down there, 25 years of my life growing up & living in FL and they never looked "great". They tasted pretty terrible by comparison, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You folks in the central US if I could ask: does it seem like it is getting steadily colder on average?
I grew up in the northern reaches of the Idaho panhandle, winters were cold but never having been anywhere else I had nothing to compare it to.
Joined the military in 1980 (I was 17) and got stationed in Massachusetts. Winters were pretty much the same as the northwest back then but have got steadily colder over the 35 years or so that I lived there to the point that for the last five years I was there every winter was breaking snowfall records and low temp records.
Been back in the panhandle for about five years now and the winters seem to be roughly the same as they were in the 70s.
Actually kinda a nice break from the New England deep freeze.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Not really. They're not pets, they serve a purpose and that's what they are there for.

I know that's hard for some people to understand. I get that question frequently, especially with our cattle (Belted Galloways).

Strangely though, old cows are not happy cows. I do worry about them though when they're young. But when they grow up they're just there for a purpose. I know that sounds cold, but it isn't really.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

You folks in the central US if I could ask: does it seem like it is getting steadily colder on average?

I don't know. I think it's just me anymore. Seems hotter in the summer, and colder in the winter. On average I'd say the winters are about the same temperature wise, but it does seem like the month of January has gotten colder faster. Not colder overall, just colder faster. Normally we'd descend gradually into the January and February temperatures, but now it seems like about the 2nd week in January the temps go from the 60's into the minus digits overnight...and then they stay there. It warms up sometimes in the day, but nighttime temps around here haven't been above 15F in over a month. Once stuff freezes it's really difficult to get it thawed out because the days aren't long enough.

Maybe it's just me, I'm just gettin' old. Not as tough as I used to be! I try to observe the..."work smarter, not harder"...mantra, but it seems sometimes like Mother Nature is getting smarter faster than I am.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Sucks to be a farmer anytime of the year especially winter , 9 years ago in march i had to bury my old sheep dog and the ground was solid 3.5-4 foot down took me hours with a 6 foot bar to get to that depth months of minus 30 takes it toll on humans and animals .

Maybe in the spring install a underground heater to help with the water

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, I thought maybe some of what I was experiencing might be old age creeping ukp as well but extremes in New England seem to be breaking records both ways these days, record cold in winter, record heat in summer.

Seems the northwest may be a bit milder than it was 40 years ago but not in a major way.
On the other topic the beef back here has much better flavor than the northeast, but cut for cut seems tougher.
More expensive to be sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is it normal to be that cold where you are for that long? It has been between fifteen and thirty below around here this week, but that is normal to have a couple of weeks below -10 F this time of year. This global warming has done nothing much for us up here.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wonder if one of these would be of any help in melting all that ice:

Available from one of our favorite stores: Harbor Freight.

I got one of these a few years ago and connected it to a fresh LP cylinder without a pressure regulator. Cranked it all the way up and it shot out a blue flame about 5 feet long and sounded like a jet engine. Scared the crap out of me...

I'm sure that would melt the ice. But it also might turn the livestock watering tank into a smoldering heap as well.

-dex

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Clay,

Someone here in Michigan did a hydroponic plastic tube heating system (Compost Heater), in their barn, radiant floor heat, the pump was an 18 volt system, and the heat source was...........now wait for it..............straw, hay, lime, mycelium, and manure from his livestock in a huge circular outdoor pile, that had an 8 foot-high fence to contain it all.

The heat-exchanger tubes were black poly tubes that were laid into the pile of decomposing manure.

I think there are how-to's online.

edit on 27-1-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Didn't even catch it till now.

Stupid auto-correct.

Hydroponic.......should be Hydronic a cooling or heating system in which heat is transported using circulating water.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I wonder if one of these would be of any help in melting all that ice:

Available from one of our favorite stores: Harbor Freight.

I got one of these a few years ago and connected it to a fresh LP cylinder without a pressure regulator. Cranked it all the way up and it shot out a blue flame about 5 feet long and sounded like a jet engine. Scared the crap out of me...

I'm sure that would melt the ice. But it also might turn the livestock watering tank into a smoldering heap as well.

-dex

When i was a lad many moons ago i used one of those on a metal beam that had just been coated with a water based fireproofing , and i do mean like water .

It had a slightly bigger rose bud head i think and for a good 20-30 minutes on Full blast till the bottle was empty and when i took it away it did not look any different , it was to get a fire certificate for a building and i got maybe 2-3 hrs pay for that minutes , makes me wonder about what a barber invented and took to his grave i think it was called starlight ?

When i see pictures of inside the walls of the twin towers of the fireproofing on those beams etc , it makes me giggle to hear folk on here say it blew of in the crash , i used to apply the stuff on oil rigs

edit on 28/1/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join