It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube to hide ‘right wing conspiracies’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
YouTube has announced another policy change that is picking winners and losers in the political space. They are going to start removing “right-wing conspiracy” recommendations to protect people from themselves. They feel that they are encouraging ‘Toxic content’ by pointing people to similar content to what they’ve already sought out. They claim they aren’t censoring, just not guaranteeing an audience. We all know that if a video is not included in search results it might as well not exist. www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: perma

So, no more "Orange President" hate videos?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wish they would hide those clowns who always start the video with:

"HI GUYS! Remember to smash that like button, subscribe and click the notification button so you can be spammed by my inane nonsensical prattle.

Also remember to comment to enter the totally real Yacht giveaway i'm doing. Make sure you donate to me on Patreon so I can keep buying coc aine for my hooker wife. Oh and make sure you get your dad's credit card details and mail it to me in the same package as your promissory note for your soul"

Very tiresome.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The are removing 'conspiracy' nothing more.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

So no more CNN content?

Perfect!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I read the article really quickly and couldn't find where they said they were removing just right wing conspiracies..

Is that just political bait conjecture? Or maybe you feel shade is thrown because theres so many right wing conspiracies floating about....

Like the FEMA death camps, or Obama not relinquishing power to trump because he was going to invoke Marshall law, or Hillary close to dying, or Obama fleeing the country, or Q making 'predictions about the republic!' ... that sort of tripe

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Which is basically anyone that doesn't subscribe to the status quo.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Guess you haven't turned on the TV in the last few years to watch the news talk about this vast conspiracy between Trump and Russia...

With no proof, constant retractions, unnamed sources and people close to people that might know people that saw people that heard....

Definition of conspiracy theory

: a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

You know, that stuff...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm confident YouTube management knows what they're doing and will strive to be 100% independent 🤣

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So no more CNN content?

Perfect!!!

If the truth be told, yes, perfect.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Kind of like relying on Fakebook posts for "news", if you're relying on YT to auto-play you to the next video you're going to huff in a paper bag while fondling yourself over, you're a sorry, sad sack.

Trawl for your own s#, don't rely on algorithms to do the work.
edit on 1/26/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Kind of like relying on Fakebook posts for "news", if you're relying on YT to auto-play you to the next video you're going to huff in a paper bag while fondling yourself over, you're a sorry, sad sack.

Trawl for your own s#, don't rely on algorithms to do the work.

I never rely on one source or two or three...how about you?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a good start in putting modern day snake oil salesmen in some sort of far right distant corner, behind a wall, of their so called intelligently designed flat earth.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zenith888
Sounds like a good start in putting modern day snake oil salesmen in some sort of far right distant corner, behind a wall, of their so called intelligently designed flat earth.

Sometimes that snake oil will in some distant time resurrect and due to the evolutionary fluxes, will actually prove our Earth is flat.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: perma
They feel that they are encouraging ‘Toxic content’ by pointing people to similar content to what they’ve already sought out.

I think it would be beneficial if, instead of just showing people topics similar to what they've already heard echoing off the walls, they start introducing alternative or opposing topics. We should learn to be less afraid of differing opinions so that we can make more informed decisions.

"One should be able to hear about all ways and be more in accord with their own" - Yamamoto Tsunetomo - The Hagakure Kikigaki

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

originally posted by: perma
They feel that they are encouraging ‘Toxic content’ by pointing people to similar content to what they’ve already sought out.

I think it would be beneficial if, instead of just showing people topics similar to what they've already heard echoing off the walls, they start introducing alternative or opposing topics. We should learn to be less afraid of differing opinions so that we can make more informed decisions.

"One should be able to hear about all ways and be more in accord with their own" - Yamamoto Tsunetomo - The Hagakure Kikigaki

We have a philosopher among us and a fine one, I must say.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Please contribute your thoughts and opinions to the previously posted thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

Thread closed.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They’re just censoring speech.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

top topics

join