It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: new banning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
well, if you go on someone's forum, run your mouth, there's a chance you may get banned.

simple as that. the mods here are known to warn and warn and warn, so he must have done something.

not a democracy here. and i have a valid, pertinent comment. so who's post is distracting?

Yours is, you've posted a misleading comment.

I would ask all of you people claiming that this person was "warned" to show me where these warnings are. Because apparantly there were plenty of warnings. That's bull# and you know it! Where the hell are these damned warnings? If your comment is so "pertinant" and "valid" perhaps you would be prepared to back it up a little?

DarkStar...

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by DarkStar]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar

I would ask all of you people claiming that this person was "warned". That's bull# and you know it! Where the hell are these damned warnings? If your comment is so "pertinant" and "valid" perhaps you would be prepared to back it up a little?

DarkStar...

Dude, you need to chill the hell out.
First off, if you look at the little section right below one's avatar, you can plainly see if they've received a public warning. Go look at the posts in question before you run your mouth any more.
Second, there's a nifty little feature here on ATS. I realize you're new and all, being your first day on, but it's called U2U. It's kind of like email. Moderators can and will send a U2U if someone is getting out of hand in hopes of defusing a potential problem.
If those messages and public warnings are ignored, one runs the chance of being banned.

You're not going to make many friends here with an attitude like that, mon ami. Take a Xanax and a nap.

-B.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Darn it seems like i missed a real show by the sounds of things

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
thank you banshee,
it would be nice to post without a commentary on how i'm doing,

darkstar, no offence, but i hate that $hit. save it for the debate forum.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

I would ask all of you people claiming that this person was "warned". That's bull# and you know it! Where the hell are these damned warnings? If your comment is so "pertinant" and "valid" perhaps you would be prepared to back it up a little?

DarkStar...

Dude, you need to chill the hell out.
First off, if you look at the little section right below one's avatar, you can plainly see if they've received a public warning. Go look at the posts in question before you run your mouth any more.
Second, there's a nifty little feature here on ATS. I realize you're new and all, being your first day on, but it's called U2U. It's kind of like email. Moderators can and will send a U2U if someone is getting out of hand in hopes of defusing a potential problem.
If those messages and public warnings are ignored, one runs the chance of being banned.

You're not going to make many friends here with an attitude like that, mon ami. Take a Xanax and a nap.

-B.

Then I would suggest that it isn't big enough or obvious enough. Because it sure didn't say "This person has been warned: X times"...

DarkStar...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Darn it seems like i missed a real show by the sounds of things

Yeah Drunk. I only missed part of it. i dont have a problem with what William did the guy was banned because he was being a Jackass and not contributing anything but crap to the board.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   

thank you banshee,

Thats funny, because I thought the whole point of this thread was of a running commentary of how someone was doing, the person in question being Kowalski. How could you even begin to say that you dislike something being done to you when your doing it to someone yourself?

This thread was made to publicly humiliate someone, yet you cannot take criticism? I was expressing my negative opinions of you, not directly accusing you of being a terrible child raper who murdered his own mom, get over it.

DarkStar...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Then I would suggest that it isn't big enough or obvious enough. Because it sure didn't say "This person has been warned: X times"...

DarkStar...

And, once again, I would suggest you think before you hit that reply button.
1. Go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. Look at the bright freakin' red thing right below Kowalski's picture.
3. Accept the word from those who have been here a bit and who have seen it happen that if a warning is public, more private U2U warnings have been issued.

I don't know what your problem is, DarkStar, but you need to take it down a few notches. When you've contributed something worthwile to ATS, perhaps your words will hold more weight. But now, they're just annoying.

-B.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   

thank you banshee,

Thats funny, because I thought the whole point of this thread was of a running commentary of how someone was doing, the person in question being Kowalski. How could you even begin to say that you dislike something being done to you when your doing it to someone yourself?

This thread was made to publicly humiliate someone, yet you cannot take criticism? I was expressing my negative opinions of you, not directly accusing you of being a terrible child raper who murdered his own mom, get over it.

DarkStar...

Ok, I'm over it.
because you don't have a point. you're sitting on the forum running your mouth talking your little $hit, as if it makes a difference. I had a valid point to this discussion. you are critiquing my point in this post as invalid. it's not, and you're wrong. deal with it because your arms are too short to box with God.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I would have loved to have been here at the very beginning and watch it develope.

One thing i liked was his Member Status:wanker.

I couldnt stop larfing

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   

DarkStar...

1. Go here:
3. Accept the word from those who have been here a bit and who have seen it happen that if a warning is public, more private U2U warnings have been issued.

I don't know what your problem is, DarkStar, but you need to take it down a few notches. When you've contributed something worthwile to ATS, perhaps your words will hold more weight. But now, they're just annoying.

-B.

OK, your going on ignore.

Firstly: because you don't know what the HELL your talking about. I just got an instant message from Kowalski, and he has told me that he actually didn't get any U2U warnings.
Secondly: because your telling me what to do, and your not a mod or and admin. I will voice my opinion, and you will put up with that OR put me on ignore.

Thankyou.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Doesnt it look as tho DarkStar is trying to make enemies here?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

DarkStar...

Err how can u receieve an instant message from he's been banned.

1. Go here:

-B.

Firstly: because you don't know what the HELL your talking about. I just got an instant message from Kowalski, and he has told me that he actually didn't get any U2U warnings.
Secondly: because your telling me what to do, and your not a mod or and admin. I will voice my opinion, and you will put up with that OR put me on ignore.

Thankyou.

Err Kowalski has been banned so how can
u recieve messages from him?????

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by drunk]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Doesnt it look as tho DarkStar is trying to make enemies here?

this darkstar dood is probably Kowalski, or how do you say it... a "partner"

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
why'd ya ban Robot Man, i think he was kinda like terminator, first some crackhead we can't understand but learns with us. but still, 45o,ooo outta nowhere? either he's a very bored rich boy or just some crackhead from jersey lookin for fun on a dark night without stars

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Thankyou.

Hmm.
Kowalski = DarkStar?
Both sign up the same day, both post rambling diatribes about nothing at all, and now he's "just" getting an IM from Kowalski.
And neither know how to spell.

Looks to me like this "Kowalski" guy was a bit of a shady character, who perhaps should have kept his mouth shut.

ITS A CONSPIRACY! THE PRESIDENT PAYED OFF THE ADMIN!

DarkStar

PS: Hi everybody, I am new, but couldn't post in the introductions forum because it messed up (and cause I am new and therefore walk into walls and closed doors)

*sigh*
Did the script-kiddies get bored with the defacers-challenge?

-B.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   

thank you banshee,

DarkStar...

Ok, I'm over it.
because you don't have a point. you're sitting on the forum running your mouth talking your little $hit, as if it makes a difference. I had a valid point to this discussion. you are critiquing my point in this post as invalid. it's not, and you're wrong. deal with it because your arms are too short to box with God.

Stop attacking me you immature a$$hole! I don't care what you think your post was, I thought it was crap so I let you and everyone else know. And what the hell is that phrase supposed to mean? "Your arms are too short to box with God"? Well niether are yours buddy, so go out and get some growth pills before you say something like that.

Your basing your opinions of the validity and credability of my posting by a light hearted opinion on one of your posts; I suggest that you think again about what your problem with me is.

I wasn't trying to get at you, and you would have got a lot further if you had just taken it with a pinch of salt, or perhaps even said "OK, yeah it was a bit breif, I'll elaborate on that one".

Now lets just both stop before we get each other a warning or banned.

DarkStar...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i really #in hate you

link   
Don't let the ignorants get to you. They know nothing. They only wish they knew the truth. The truth to them is whatever William tells them. They don't have a mind to think on thier own. Even if they do they don't seem to know how to use it. So don't worry, you are not alone here. This guy shouldn't have been banned. I don't know if this is true, but assuming by what William wrote to me in the U2U he sent it seems as if he has been given another chance. Only when he returns will we learn the truth. William says that the guy admitted that he was joking but he hasn't made the effort to prove so. All he has done is tried to suppress the truth.

He didn't want me to tell anyone this but I see no reason for him or I to withold this information. Just watch and see how I am punished for this. Just watch and see how this guy will come back and keep at it. Watch how quick he is banned. Then ask yourself, "Why?"

NEVER STOP ASKING QUESTIONS, NEVER

Your Friend,
Abraham Virtue

link   
The purpose of this thread was not to publicly humiliate anyone, but to point out the consequences of unacceptable behaviour.

When newbies come to this board and immediately run thier mouths and ignore/insult more senior members who have a proven track record of accuracy, it is not well recieved.

I think most everyone involved in this thread needs to take a deep breath and back off for a minute, and keep in mind that personal attacks are NOT acceptable before continuing with this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join