It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Films. One Theme Tune.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I came across this a few weeks ago, the tune called " Cavatina "written by British composer Stanley Myers.

" Cavatina " was the main theme for the 1970 British film " The Walking Stick ". It was then used again 8 years later as the main theme for the American film " The Deer Hunter "

Can anyone think of the same Theme Tune that has been used in two or more different films?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All the time. Sometimes a movies only a few years old and you'll hear its tune. Especially in movie trailers that goes on.

The Re-Animator theme is an easy example.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Can anyone think of the same Theme Tune that has been used in two or more different films?

No, but this is a lovely composition that you have posted.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A side note, recently I finally played the Harry Potter movies, and it was like they stole half the OST for the original Star Wars film(s). Not the obvious tones, but the action flying around type bits seemed dead nuts to me.
edit on 26-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Never noticed that. I loved the Harry potter series of movies!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Small screen.

I noticed a tune in a few Perry Mason episodes, at least three. I noticed it because it sounded familiar and I couldn't place it. Finally, I remembered where I'd heard it. It was the episode of Gilligan's Island where the girls formed the singing group The Honeybees and the song was "You Need Me."

Finally, a chance to tell someone that stupid piece of trivia.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I know I've heard a few over the years but the only music that comes to mind right now is possibly best known from a video game. Homeworld.

It's a modern take on Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber that was written in 1938.

Every time I've heard it since Homeworld launched it's always been the Homeworld version regardless of what it has appeared in.

new topics

top topics

join