It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Historic Poll: U.S. President Trump gets the wall or not before the end of January 2019?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: hoss53

Well, it only took 2 pages for someone to act like a child. Really, you couldn't have a decent conversation without using the childish spelling of his name? I was hoping we could all act like adults, and discuss this rationally, without personal attacks towards anyone. So far, I was impressed, until your post.

I still hope we can continue in the spirit of adult conversation, using rational discussion.

Please, I ask even you to try....just once.

They could target practice on drug traffickers was ok though?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

Well, it only took 2 pages for someone to act like a child. Really, you couldn't have a decent conversation without using the childish spelling of his name? I was hoping we could all act like adults, and discuss this rationally, without personal attacks towards anyone. So far, I was impressed, until your post.

I still hope we can continue in the spirit of adult conversation, using rational discussion.

No, but I thought that was so obvious it was not worth mentioning. Please can we keep it on topic and civil, please.

edit on 1/26/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed quoting

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Q: As of February 1. 2019, will president Trump have the authority (from Congress or via an executive order) to begin funding the construction of border wall?

No. Not by that date.

I don't think it's impossible for him to get funding for a few new walls and for sure there is going to be fixes done to existing walls in any border security bill but not by the first of feb.

I also don't think trump will make good on his threat and shut the government down again. Not after the damage doing it did this time.

And he will never get a thousand or more new miles of walls. Never.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

No, but I thought that was so obvious it was not worth mentioning. Please can we keep it on topic and civil, please.

Ok fair enough. If Trump were to submit a comprehensive, detailed plan on his version of border security. And democrats do the same,then I think intelligent conversation and negotiations would be more likely. But I don't see how this could happen my the end of January.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

However, Trump being Trump, he will find some way to stop the deluge of immigrants from entering as freely as they presently are able. If he does call for an emergency, it won't be to build the wall but some other measures to secure our country like the National Guard.

Best thing he could do is go after the businesses that hire illegals. But he will never do that because it would cut into him , his family, and his friends profits.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Justso

However, Trump being Trump, he will find some way to stop the deluge of immigrants from entering as freely as they presently are able. If he does call for an emergency, it won't be to build the wall but some other measures to secure our country like the National Guard.

Best thing he could do is go after the businesses that hire illegals. But he will never do that because it would cut into him , his family, and his friends profits.

Businesses that employ illegal aliens get raided every week. Here in the Chicago area, a bread factory was raided last November, with 150 U.S. lawbreakers being deported.

Dims slammed (Temp) Attorney General Matthew Whitaker last month, over how he "destroyed" a small town in Iowa by deporting so many illegals, the local factory had to shut down.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

How long of a wall would he have to authorize for it to be declared a victory by Trump supporters?

I predict that if three or four sections get built Trump supporters will be on here crowing about “winning”.

As is custom.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If that's the case then he should know you must summit plans, cost assessments, environmental impact statement, and as far as I know he has not spoken to the land owners on the border to judge their resistance or acceptance of said wall.

Declaring it a national emergency means they don't have to do any cost assessments, environmental impact statements at all. They can then use emanate domain to force the land owners to give up their land.

Seeing ats members happy about the government, let alone a single person, having that kind of power over us all is one of the sickest things I have ever seen in my 10 plus years as a member here.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Short answer: NO

Why? Even if he forced the government to give him 5.6 billion, that would only build about 100 miles of wall at most.
What's the point? And please, stop with the "natural barrier" jazz. If I wanted to get in, I could hike through any type of terrain.
Trump would need 21 to 70 Billion Dollars to build a wall that ran from the Pacific in California to the Gulf of Mexico in Texas.

There is no way that congress would ever give the president 21 to 70 billion dollars in a budget for this.
And there is no way he could get that kind of money to be spent on this from the military.

So, long story short - there is no way now nor ever (with the way technology is heading) that there will EVER be a continuous wall or man-made barrier across our entire southern border.

NO WAY

Of course, if I'm wrong I will be the first one back on this thread to eat some crow.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Some people say obama was hard on them to.

www.politifact.com...

Under Bush, workplace raids on factories and meatpacking plants received much attention. But after Obama took office, the Department of Homeland Security unveiled a new strategy and ditched the workplace raids, which also tended to punish employees, in favor of "paper raids" -- I-9 paperwork audits of employers to determine if they complied with employment eligibility verification laws.

"ICE will focus its resources within the worksite enforcement program on the criminal prosecution of employers who knowingly hire illegal workers in order to target the root cause of illegal immigration," Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano said in April 2009.
The change was dramatic: the number of I-9 audits soared from 503 in 2008 to more than 8,000 in 2009.

Under Obama, ICE announced sanctions against major employers. That included a $1 million fine against Abercrombie and Fitch that grew out of an I-9 inspection in November 2008 while Bush was president, and the termination of hundreds of workers at Chipotle restaurants. In 2007, ICE arrested 92 employers, while in 2012 it arrested 240, according to ICE. Final orders -- rulings at the end of the case which show employers violated hiring rules -- also increased under Obama. In 2007, there were two final orders, while in 2012 there were 495.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: snarfbot

He's not getting the wall.... Hes gett_javascript:yvid()ing impeached....
Thats all the plans he has for the immediate future.

He will most certainly get the wall. Most likely by declaring national emergency. The wall will not keep everyone out, nor is it intended to. It will however discourage thousands of women who have chosen that avenue of entry from being savagely raped in route.

Im all for that, and believe that anyone who blocks the wall construction, believes money spent protecting poor Vulnerable women from rape, puts money before safety. Im very disappointed in the values of those that believe that way. Each rape causes a forever damaged life, that carries on for generations.

Safety first!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
don't think so...
if he goes the national emergency route, it's gonna be challenged in the courts and held up.
and I don't believe the dems is gonna give him as much as he is gonna want, if they give him anything.
so, no, don't think so. not by the end of the month in either case.

although he could work on it with what is left of the money he has available from previous appropriations. or, maybe some movement will be made with the contracts that are on the books with the money that has been allotted to them.
but as it is, I find myself wondering if the funding for the border fencing, wall, or whatever, is just one big slush fund when you consider how much money is sitting there, waiting for contracts to be fullfilled or made.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

A gazillion cacti

As for the OP question..I would say, 4 days to get this done?..no.
edit on 26-1-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Border agents changed his mind about the concrete wall they didn't want it. They wanted a barrier they could see through. He can't build a wall and claim it's what border agents want so he's backed off and now is wanting barriers.

That was a cop out and a way for him to walk back his promise. I am sure there were some agents saying that, but you will also find many agents that say a concrete wall would be better and safer for them. Border agents get shot at and a lot of times it is through the spaces in the fence also as some have said, a solid wall would make it easier for them to see people going over the top and there would be more contrast between them and the wall once they did.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That actually looks kinda cool. I'd actually like to see something like that. I'm not familiar with planting cacti and the process. I'd be curious as to what would be needed to get something like that going across the entire border.

San Pedro's grow about 1'-2' per year..so....it'd take a while.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join