It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Historic Poll: U.S. President Trump gets the wall or not before the end of January 2019?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Will he get the wall funded? Yes.

It's only a question of by how much and how long and whether this will actually be a wall or a barrier. I refer back to my previous posted. I question whether he'd get this authorised by an Emergency Declaration but even if failing that, I'm confident he'd get at least some funding if not all.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
a reply to: dug88

I dont think that's what trump does he's a builder he will take a personal role in this and get it done for a song relative to normal the government bureaucracy

I'm guessing your history on the development of Trump's various properties over the years is a bit lacking then....

Or your history on the way this type of stuff plays out every time...
edit on 26/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That actually looks kinda cool. I'd actually like to see something like that. I'm not familiar with planting cacti and the process. I'd be curious as to what would be needed to get something like that going across the entire border.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You cut them and more grows out from the base. Bring in a bunch of plant growth regulators and nutrients, fields and fields of base plants, each year the existing length would also be putting off new pieces to add on at the ends. They get over 20' tall.

But that would make too much sense.

edit on 26-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You cut them and more grows out from the base. Bring in a bunch of plant growth regulators and nutrients, fields and fields of base plants, each year the existing length would also be putting off new pieces to add on at the ends. They get over 20' tall.

But that would make too much sense.

ingenious!

Nature friendly, check

Economical, check

Innovative (regrowth), check

Jesus I'm going to do some further reading on this haha.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He'll get it. I think he'll do whatever he has to for the wall funding at this point. His ego is huge, his image is huge, his rep is huge. He's a very inflated person, not as an insult mind you because tons of people are inflated. Now that he's talked tough and made a stand, he has to get it or else it will be ugly for him. Neutered in a way, really.

My question is, if he's not re-elected in 2020 and a Democrat is elected as President, will the construction on the wall still continue at the same pace, or very much at all in the future? I don't see a Democratic President honoring this thing if it goes through national emergency. If it's voted on, it's much harder to be undone and has Democratic legitimacy. Not to Democrats, I know this word gets run through the mud daily but, Democracy or Democratic is when something is voted on by a majority or a representation of a majority (Republic).

Unless he hangs on until 2024, I really don't see this thing becoming much of a reality even with the funding. Sure, the border would get beefed up, existing walls and barriers would get major upgrades, new stretches of walls, barriers, and fences would spring up, but not to the extent that it's being portrayed, not to the extent that Trump or the Republicans want or will get, and not to the extent that the Democrats are fearing either. It's all a big bull# power play, political fight. One side would criticize the other for.. damn near anything that can ever or will ever be grasped.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My bet is the Dems pass a bill to fund a "FENCE" project also named as a fence and Trump blows a gasket.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

They provide ecosystem. Reptiles and insects have a natural affinity for cacti. Around here even my cats roll around on piles of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
My bet is the Dems pass a bill to fund a "FENCE" project also named as a fence and Trump blows a gasket.

LOL

The F.E.N.C.E. Act

For reEducating Numbskull Conservative Entrepreneurs

edit on 26-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Trump has the tiger by the tail with the border wall.

He's invested so much in getting funding and even closed down the country in his headstrong fight for the border that he may have lost his way at this point.

He is now fighting for his life on several levels, more than likely a democrat attempt to waterdown his efforts to build the wall.

For this reason, it is highly unlikely he will be able to build the way he envisioned it at the beginning of his presidency.

However, Trump being Trump, he will find some way to stop the deluge of immigrants from entering as freely as they presently are able. If he does call for an emergency, it won't be to build the wall but some other measures to secure our country like the National Guard.

With enough time and increasing violence and disturbances from illegal immigrants, southern border Americans will start calling for help. President Trump will be long gone by then.

More than likely, the next democrat minority woman president will have to deal with it and the repugs will return the favor.
edit on 26-1-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

As President Trump stated, no later than February 15th 2019.

I'm beginning to see that President Trump really enjoys confrontations with Democrats. That's one reason why he wholeheartedly endorsed Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the House.

The countdown to executing the executive order to continue building the wall, is merely to aggravate Democrats and rub their nose in the poop. Because like the Ruth Ginsburg replacement, there's nothing Democrats can do to stop this.
edit on 1/26/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I don't believe there's any 'emergency' Trump can make claim to with regards to the border on a number of reasons.

Oh but people are dying everyday. This is an emergency!

Just to think that Bill Clinton is responsible for the deaths
of over 7,000 people at the border, how much more blood
should be allowed to flow?

Bill Clinton’s attempts to secure the border caused a humanitarian crisis

And that many people died when Bill was actually allowed to do
something, Imagine how many people will die if nothing is done!

This is just inhumane! Its a gross abuse of power on Nasty Nancy's part!

Is she sadistic or what?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No. And the more immediate issue would be another Caravan forming. Once it does, he could remain partially silent until it approaches the United States border, where he could then enact the Emergency plan without too much resistance from the public.

Your question time frame is undoable. President Trump will get funding one way or another. But He will do it legally despite Pelosi. Ruth Ginsburg will appear in public. Retirement will be discussed. Pelosi will become frantic fearing another pick by President Trump not aligning with her ambitions of becoming president by the elimination of Trump and Pence.

I hope the heat is turned up on Pelosi. Etc. etc. I could go on, but No to the time frame.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Refer to ...... www.abovetopsecret.com...

As reasons it will not happen by the end of January.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

No he will not get funding for a giant concrete wall that he wants/wanted... He may get funding for some barriers....

Border agents changed his mind about the concrete wall they didn't want it. They wanted a barrier they could see through. He can't build a wall and claim it's what border agents want so he's backed off and now is wanting barriers.

Now as to what will happen. Democrats cant give him a win so the government will shut down again. He will get frustrated and decide to have the army Corp of engineers build it instead.
edit on 1/26/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/26/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nope. No wall.

His negotiating tactics are very poor and he doesn't have the skills to make a bipartisan coalition.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I want to see the government shut down again in February, but only if no Democrats agree to the funding. If say five democrats say ok, then maybe no shutdown and Trump can just use executive order to fund the project, utilizing our national guards to save lots of money. I would bet some of the National guard people here would love to go to Arizona or texas this winter to work on the wall....it's a hell of a lot warmer there. Weekend warriors can build that and it would count towards their required hours. They could catch military jets to get there, on top of that, they could target practice on armed drug trafficers trying to sneak over the border.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Some on here have suggested tRump is a builder. If that's the case then he should know you must summit plans, cost assessments, environmental impact statement, and as far as I know he has not spoken to the land owners on the border to judge their resistance or acceptance of said wall. Any builder worth his salt knows these things must be done before you ask for money. If you or I go to a bank and ask for money to build a home , without a blueprint or no kind of plan for them to access, chances are they will say No.
If I am wrong , please correct me, but I don't think tRump and his "team" have submitted any such plans to anyone. So why would anyone, especially the American tax payers, blindly give money for a construction project t we have zero information on.
Perhaps if he would have started this way he may of had a chance. But as it stands now a wall will never happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Well, it only took 2 pages for someone to act like a child. Really, you couldn't have a decent conversation without using the childish spelling of his name? I was hoping we could all act like adults, and discuss this rationally, without personal attacks towards anyone. So far, I was impressed, until your post.

I still hope we can continue in the spirit of adult conversation, using rational discussion.

Please, I ask even you to try....just once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join