It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism and "Gender Affirmation" is Breaking Our Kids

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
a reply to: kaylaluv
You dearie parrot lucifer. The creation has it perfection and your existence was not born out of the perversion of nature. Remember that.

ah yes, Lucifer, famed for such takes as "maybe you could trust people to know a thing or two about themselves and their own lives"
and "have you ever thought that medical scientists who've studied a thing for years know more about said thing than someone who only heard of it last week"
absolutely devilish.
HAIL SATAN!!1!
edit on 26-1-2019 by continuousThunder because: i'm sick and i missed some words

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So, no peer reviewed science, and no general consensus.

So, what do we look at, in your opinion, for our information?

Buzzfeed.

But seriously, its not my job to figure that out. The scientific community is more than capable of figuring a way to scientifically validate the peer review process, if they so chose. As it stands, I believe it won't happen because there are a concerning amount of factors that are subverting the purity of the scientific process.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I mean you yourself said you only read one sentence then proceeded to fly off the handle.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I don't get the alt right's obsession with degrading trans folks. They go out of their way to make people who have a tough time already and try to make their lives more difficult.

The OP really put a spin on this and the usual suspects are eating this up.

Do you people really think their is a trans agenda aiming to make more children become transgender?

I believe the trans lobby is trying to boost their stature.

And the only way they can do that is making more and more people believe they have a problem. For example, a young girl that plays a typically male sport used to be called a tomboy, now we must consider that it is not just a phase, but a psychological issue.

I find it more degrading that transfolk are used as a dog and pony show to that end. What is your opinion on Desmond the amazing, and Lactatia?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
i only read about a sentence of this twaddle because oh look, it's ATS so we're posting the same old fearmongering nonsense over and over and over again and harvesting stars from all the other dinosaurs scared of the future.
what a freaking yawnfest
i don't mind having to argue with people who know nothing about my life trying to tell me how to live but god damn can you get some new talking points already? this is sooooo ooooooooold

trans people have always been here
trans people are always going to be here
you're going to die and there will still be trans people
get used to it

No. Because when you stop talking about it, that's when the true sick stuff creeps in.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

i mean, that's clear from the way none of you will shut up with thread after thread about this boring fake nonsense but it's big of you to own up to it so readily i suppose

Why are you trying to be a fascist and stifle discussion?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cybelle

Do you people really think their is a trans agenda aiming to make more children become transgender?

There isn't but it's pretty darn clear there's an agenda at work here to prevent those that are from receiving the treatment needed to improve the quality of their lives. While you all were bickering back and forth at the speed of light, maybe my post on page 7 of this thread was overlooked?

I will also bet that NO ONE in this thread has ever actually met or dealt with a genuinely transgender child let alone had to parent one. I'd also venture to say if that were the case, some of you might take the time to gain a better understanding of this condition beyond what you've read here from a rabid anti-trans activist and show a little empathy.

How do you know they are a Transgender child?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Dont you get it? To talk about it and its many woes you're the FASCIST.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

edit on 27-1-2019 by diggindirt because: nevermind

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It'll be nice when science is able to fix the genetic screwups. Normalizing mental illness is never a good thing, and should be something we as a society hope will be one day minimized.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I have, and do engage with many teens on a regular basis. All of which suffer from some sort of mental health issue.

So you're a professional qualified to diagnose mental health issues or is this just an opinion or a feeling?

But I will say one fine lady I know (born a male), told me she felt a lot of pressure growing up which ultimately led to, and fed her severe anxiety.

Being trans, gender atypical or gay and having associated co-morbidities such as anxiety, depression eating disorders, suicide ideation and self-harm, you say? Gee, what a concept! Let’s not even mention the shame and guilt these kids grow up with from being told they are wrong or bad for how they think or feel and the lasting effects of that on the adult psyche that can take some a lifetime to work through and let’s not even speak of the social ostracization and bullying all LGBT kids experience causing PTSD-like symptoms for some and trouble ongoing into adulthood. When you mention the T faction of the alphabet family’s rates of bullying and discrimination, they’re significantly higher the than the regular LGB gang so is it any real wonder this results in a lot of screwed up kids and adults?

Information released January 24th, 2019 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Youth Risk Behavior Survey of 131,901 high school students in ten different states, 1.8% identified as transgender and of this cohort, 35% reported attempting suicide within the past year. Previous studies have shown that 77% of transgender youth in unsupportive homes seriously consider suicide with a 93% drop of suicide attempts among youth with strongly supportive parents. So as a parent of a trans student, knowing that their kid has a 1 in 3 chance of trying to off themselves, whatcha gonna do but, worry, freak out a little and hopefully consult a qualified team of professionals and learn everything you can beyond what an anti-trans campaigner with their own odious agenda posts on this website? For your child's sake, at least I hope so.

Oh wait I forgot, those unethical slimy doctors specializing in this field are in cahoots with the trans activist industry and are all money grubbing capitalists out to make a quick buck on the misfortunes of others and big pharma can’t wait to hook these kids on pills that cost $15 a month for the rest of their lives and if they’re lucky, force the GnRH analog Lupron on them at $25K for a couple years to suppress their puberty. It’s a conspiracy I tell ya! Tell yourself whatever you want if it helps you sleep better at night.

Image courtesy of www.cdc.gov

Ah, but let’s ignore this and sweep it under the rug, pray it’s only a phase or the new emo or something and just get these damn kids to straighten up and fly right because they couldn’t possibly know what’s going on for them better than you do. Let’s try all the things that have been tried in the last hundred years and proven ineffective ways to fix this like a literal cornucopia of psychotropic drugs, electo-convulsive shock treatments, aversion therapy, institutionalization and societal attitudes that if we demean, belittle and discriminate against these people enough they’ll just go away. Better yet, take them to church and let Jesus, Jehovah, Mohammed or your favorite magical sky-fairy have a go at it and see what wonderful, well-rounded and productive adults they turn out to be.

You want to get outraged at something far more prevalent and an actual legitimate threat to children:
Scathing report reveals 300 Pennsylvania Catholic priests sexually abused over 1,000 children

Just-In-Pennsylvania?

I am not disputing that some people do genuinely suffer from gender dysphoria, but I also know when most people think they do, they in fact don't, but will suffer from many other things instead.

Thank you, Doctor House. I’m sure the world appreciates your astute diagnostic skills determining which kids are genuinely suffering from gender dysphoria and which aren’t. Perhaps you should publish? Do some kids desist or come to understand things differently? Sure but they, not you need to be the ones to figure this out or they are going to have lifelong issues. Why do you think so many trans adults are screwed up? I’d say one of the primary reasons is because they weren’t given the developmental space to explore their identities during the time in life everyone else explores their identities. Nobody is forcing these kids into anything.

My main problem with this trans movement has nothing to do with being anti-trans, it is the unnecessary and very dangerous approach when dealing with children. You cannot, and should not be trying to force-feed this issue onto such young impressionable minds, especially when they have no real concept of what is actually going on.

You will just mindf# them.

If your kid truly is trans and you ignore that and force-feed your own ideologies and deny necessary health care, you really are going to f# them up for sure and that is indeed a very dangerous approach. The gender affirming model of care for the treatment of trans youth does not force-feed anything. Yes, I tend to agree the “trans movement” consisting primarily of autogynephilic transgender adults may have an unfortunate influence in all this but the genie has been let out of the bottle. The best we can do evaluate each case individually with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and do whatever is uniquely best for that child.

Having counseled the parents of trans youth, I can tell you that most of them are terrified at having a trans child and like you know, actually knowing a couple of transitioned trans kids that are now happy and productive young adults, some that were puberty suppressed and some that weren't, the ones that have minimized the effects of natal puberty do even better with far less emotional damage and expense associated with having their own bodies betray them.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Total BS!

There is no trans lobby or trans agenda!

Medical professionals and many enlightened people have a humanistic and ethical approach to transgender related issues. Because a girl is an athlete or a boy takes to balett does not change their gender identity.

The alt right seems to fear that of which they do not understand.

I can guarantee that those who are applauding the OP have never been friends with someone who is trans.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

When will people realize that clothing preferences, interests, behaviors, and personality traits vary widely among males and females, should be celebrated, and have absolutely no effect on the sex of the person. Not only do you NOT have to change your sex to be who you are, you absolutely CANNOT.

I don't get it either. Maybe it's just one of those things people have to actually learn by experience... and this is that experience. I understand wanting to play and experiment with colors and fabrics and textures and so on. I'm totally up for defying stereotypes and gender norms.

But we are what we are. We cannot be anyone but ourselves, and that's all good!

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boadicea

If a person wants to dress like the opposite sex, if the person wants to be the opposite sex, then they should have that freedom to do so.

Children?

I say wait until the children are 18 before allowing any changes.

We hold off on children owning booze, smoking cigarettes until they are old enough, I think waiting until they are adults to finally make that decision would be a good thing.

Exactly. Grown adults can do as they will. I can't see myself ever recommending it, but adults can make their own choices.

Kids are a different situation. Not only do they not have the wisdom and experience to make such choices, these puberty blockers prevent several essential bodily functions from fully developing. And cause a multitude of other problems. We can at least let them develop a healthy and whole body before trying to "fix" it.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Gotcha. I don't want to further derail my own thread, but I get your point... many people seem to care about kids sometimes but sure not others.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Ahhh yes. All 17,000 members from 120 countries have been scared into their guidelines and clinical practices. Science and research have nothing to do with their guidelines and clinical practices.

I have made the case that I want to make. I have quoted endocrinologists who are disagreeing based on the LACK of science, and I have quoted their very serious objections.

You have not in any way shown that the side effects and adverse outcomes cited are not true. You have only insisted that the harm is acceptable. You and these doctors have decided that it's okay to hurt these kids for the feelz.

Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This is definitely a very complicated subject, and different cultures see it differently.

It is a complicated issue, but it really doesn't need to be. What complicates it is the stereotypes imposed on gender, rather than simply appreciating and celebrating our individuality.

On social matters I tend to lean libertarian, if someone wants (and can pay for) the procedure, more power to them, as long as they're an adult.

Kids shouldn't have these decisions made for them, nor should they be aloud to decide.

And that's what it boils down to. Let kids be who they want, play with the toys they want, wear what they want, etc. No need for drugs and surgery. They can make the decision for themselves when they are of age. If nothing is forced on them, they may not feel any need to do anything except be their own awesome selves.

I wouldn't even let my son get a tattoo on my watch!

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Boadicea

Just saw a frontpage headline about Hollywood weirdo Kate Hudson and her "genderless parenting" approach. She has a newborn daughter and says "We still don't know what gender she will identify as"... it's as if they hope their kids are not heterosexual so they can be trendy and show everyone how diverse and "modern" they are.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against other people's sexuality or preferences, but when parents are pushing these agendas and youngsters, toddlers, adolescents etc. are encouraged to question their sexuality from day #1, I don't see how that is helpful for our society. It's one thing to be open minded and have those conversations if they come up, or if their child is getting into their teen years and is questioning, but to have their entire parenting/childhood revolve around this philosophy of "gender neutrality" and "we can't use the pronouns 'he' or 'she' anymore", it is a symptom of our sick society

I saw that too, and had pretty much the same thought. As if growing up isn't difficult enough, now kids will have to decide if they will be a boy or a girl. Can't just be themselves. What kind of pressure is that? Because the adults can't just accept biology and put aside stereotypes, we are now going to put all this on kids to decide?

And imagine if they don't fall neatly into one box or the other? Like, I dare say, most of us don't! What if daddy wants a boy and mommy wants a girl? Or vice versa?

This isn't enlightenment or being woke.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

What a sad and petty comment. And quite heartless as well.

But okay. You don't care how many kids are hurt by dangerous medical treatments. Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I don't get the alt right's obsession with degrading trans folks.

Maybe first step out of your echo chamber... alt-right? Really??? I provided absolute evidence that these puberty blockers hurt these kids, but all you see is "alt-right" and an "obsession with degrading trans folks"?

And perhaps you missed it, but the puberty blocker I specifically addressed, Lupron, is also used for other conditions, which is how I learned about it, and I won't even let my own daughter take it because of the risks. So please don't assume anything about me.

They go out of their way to make people who have a tough time already and try to make their lives more difficult.

Yeah, that's it... we just want to make their lives more difficult. Are you a teenager? Because you sound just like my then-teenage daughter telling me "You just want to ruin my life!!!" Can't possibly be the very dangerous drugs and their permanent life-altering effects that I'm concerned about. Nope. I'm just a mean old monster who wants to make their lives more difficult.

The OP really put a spin on this and the usual suspects are eating this up.

Spin? No. Truth. I documented everything I cited in this OP. What have you got? Besides the "feelz"?

Quite honestly, I don't think there is anything more damaging to a child's psyche and emotional well being than telling them that they have to change what cannot be changed in order to be "okay." They are being set up for absolute failure because they can never and will never be anything except who and what they are. And people like you are telling them they aren't good enough just being themselves. It's downright cruel.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join