It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Font, Size and Color on Old Thread Searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Howdy ATS...

Just a quick question/comment about when searching old threads here on ATS. Firstly, let me preface this by saying that I am basically one step above a cave man when it comes to tech, so there may be some settings on my personal computer that need be changed, but all things being equal, whenever I search for a thread topic (something I always try to do before posting in order to ensure I don't double post), the results are basically unreadable. The color is like a yellow that blends into the background and the font is so small that on my little chromebook I can't read when it was posted at all. It's just not really workable and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this, or if there is a way to change it on my computer, or if the MODS could simply update this function to make it more member friendly.

That is all, you may now return to your normally scheduled lives.

Peace...
TEP

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

mods can't really tweak your problem....and screw up the rest of the membership who've had no such issue.

I'm guessing yours is a size-zooming-easily rectified issue on your end.

The color thing...don't know. But you should be able to zoom in/out on your devices.

As well...use DESKTOP VERSION

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Staff moderators can not change the coding of ATS. Only the owners can do that.

I would recommend using a 3rd party search engine that you normally use and are able to read just fine on your device, simply include "abovetopsecret" in your search query.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You could try changing the background color from white black or vice versus, when doing searches and see if that makes it more viewable. Just click on the 1/2 moon icon on the upper far right of your screen to toggle between backgrounds.

Hope this helps.

Edit add: Nevermind! Obviously search function is different than I remember. Definitely try MOD advice above.
edit on 1 26 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Change to the site style to light theme when doing a search.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

That works on firefox. Search under dark theme hard to read, OK for light.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I can fix it if I switch out of dark mode and into light mode. See the little half shaded circle next to the ATS logo? I click that. Then after searching, I change it back to dark mode.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Are you talking about the threads themselves or the search results?

The search results have always been kind of hard to read on ats, the threads themselves should show up as normal if you go them though.
edit on 26/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ok...so I went to a movie (First Man...a whole other thread for me to post), and upon returning saw all of your replies. I'm going to go through them and try to fix this. I just wanted to say to everyone that I very much appreciate all the members who took their time and lent their knowledge and expertise to the issue. Cheers...

TEP

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If you are saying what I believe you are, i had this issue in the dark theme. I've switched back to the light theme and the problem is solved.

top topics

join