It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you wonder why we think the left is nuts?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, you're not upset about this new New York law, you're upset that Roe V Wade is the law.

I'm against abortion.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think it is a denial of Constitutional rights of an individual.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: superman2012

Stalin, Hitler, Mao all justified the mass murder of millions.

I see you're no different.

Always be side steppin. That seems to be the problem with society. Some people have all the answers and can make absolutes when it comes to someone other than them. It's when it directly affects them that the answers aren't so clear.

Thanks for answering my question by not answering.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

New York Reproductive Health Act.
That's the topic DB. And yes I equate that with the question of life and health of the potential mother because it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This law you are so outraged about is only an option, if the Mother or baby will not survive. So what is the problem with this? Death is the outcome either way. VERY SAD, but why would you not save the life you could.

From your article(I have seen other news outlets word it much more descriptively than Fox. They are trying to get you outraged).

Under the Reproductive Health Act, non-doctors are now allowed to conduct abortions and the procedure could be done until the mother's due date if the woman's health is endangered or if the fetus is not viable. The previous law only allowed abortions after 24 weeks of pregnancy if a woman's life was at risk.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: superman2012

Stalin, Hitler, Mao all justified the mass murder of millions.

I see you're no different.

So did the Catholic Church. That was war.

Abortion is about 1) the autonomy of a woman and her choice, 2) to save the life of pregnant woman.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: strongfp

I'm about half pro choice until Democrats start celebrating later term abortion then I start looking at them as murderers.

They aren't celebrating abortions, do you know how hard it is for a mother to make that decision? I worked with someone who's wife had the choice to abort their child because it developed a brain tumor and couldn't be removed at all and would kill the child regardless of the outcome or surgery, they opted out and just got the child removed, he died 2 weeks later. His due date was just a month away. Sad story.

But just having the option, without the looming threat of being charged with murder or man slaughter is what this law is doing. Can you even fathom what it would be like to be in the position that my co-worker was in and then also having the thought that if you do go through with it police will come knocking at your door?

I can't even imagine, luckily where I live they never even had to even think of something like that happening. His story changed my view on abortion quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: toms54

In this type of case, the late term abortion, they are killing a child that could possibly live on its own.

Late term abortions are never done because the mother changed her mind. That's not legal in any US state. Late term abortions are always done save the health and/or life of the mother. Healthy late term fetuses are not aborted, if they are healthy and the mother is at risk, that are taken by C-Section. This law doesn't change that fact.

The doctors really should be required to make every effort to save the life not kill it because it's easier.

They are and they do.

Yes, up until now.
"Late term abortions are never done because the mother changed her mind. That's not legal in any US state."

The provision "health of the mother" could mean anything. I suppose will have to see exactly how this is implemented. Are they talking about emotional health? I would like to know how mothers suffered in a way that necessitated this change. If what you are saying is true, then there is no need for this law.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
These abortion threads are all the same in the end.

There will always be those who are for it, and those against it.

Justification for it may ease the conscious of some, but in the end it's still a dead baby and a total lack of responsibility for the mother.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I just don't care about abortion and they're not going to be killing any babies the day before they're born like you all are freaking out about.

I just think it's so funny you all care so much about life that is not even life yet but when it comes to actual people you're not too concerned

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

My point is you suggested health isnt subjective, I showed you how it tied into emotional and psychological which is very subjective. Even provided you with an example of a guy having an emotional support alligator.

link   

These abortion threads are all the same in the end.

There will always be those who are for it, and those against it.

Justification for it may ease the conscious of some, but in the end it's still a dead baby and a total lack of responsibility for the mother.

Except this isn't the case. This is about a bill put through to protect mothers and caregivers from going to jail for saving one life out of two, instead of allowing two to die.

You are right though, there are those that can think rationally and evaluate new ideas and upgrades to older ideas and then there are those that don't like change and refuse to think in anything other than absolutes.

I wish you the best of luck and happiness in your future.

link   

That's again simply not true. Simplifications like that only work as long as it's not personal and as long as that's the case you have no clue what you are really talking about.
People aren't having abortions because it's so fun and easy, you know...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

If what you are saying is true, then there is no need for this law.

Not yet, not really. It's a preemptive stop gap, in case Roe V Wade is overturned. Many states have declared that they would enshrine the rights granted by Roe V Wade into state law, should the law be overturned on a federal level, bringing it back to the states, like it was before Roe V Wade.

It does go a little further, reversing the homicide factor, and allowing nurse practicioners to dispense the abortion pill.

edit on 26-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

People couldn't believe their eyes when seeing that this baby-murder proposal was under consideration last year. Nobody took it seriously. Didn't think any human was this evil, let alone a Governor.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

People couldn't believe their eyes when seeing that this baby-murder proposal was under consideration last year.

What do you think Roe V Wade is? How is this bill different?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Peeple

My point is you suggested health isnt subjective, I showed you how it tied into emotional and psychological which is very subjective. Even provided you with an example of a guy having an emotional support alligator.

Yep. Making the decision whether or not to give birth to your rapist's, your brother's, your father's, your uncles' baby, or to abort it, is a subjective and emotional decision.

edit on 26-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yup the 40-50 million since 1979 have all had either that or the mothers immediate health in common.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here's what the law says under the Supreme Court's Roe vs Wade ruling. "For the stage prior to approximately the end of the first trimester, the abortion decision and its effectuation must be left to the medical judgment of the pregnant woman's attending physician"."For the stage subsequent to approximately the end of the first trimester, the State, in promoting its interest in the health of the mother, may, if it chooses, regulate the abortion procedure in ways that are reasonably related to maternal health". "For the stage subsequent to viability the State, in promoting its interest in the potentiality of human life, may, if it chooses, regulate, and even proscribe, abortion except where necessary, in appropriate medical judgment, for the preservation of the life or health of the mother."

In NYC capital punishment is illegal for murderers but infants may be killed in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy now. More black babies are aborted in NYC than are born. There are also many political similarities between abortion & slavery. The same types of people who promoted slavery in the past are promoting abortion today.

www.answers.com...

www.wsj.com...

mobile.wnd.com...
edit on 26-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Okay, so we're not talking about late term abortion anymore, are we? You're upset that women can legally get an abortion on demand, pre-viability, without health concern excuses. That's Roe V Wade that gives them that right.

This New York law just reiterates Roe V Wade. You want to repeal Roe V Wade, go get it done! In the meantime, you'll just have to deal with all those numbers, and if you really want to freak out, add how many babies have been forced to not be born through birth control!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm suggesting the reason people have normal abortions dont meet your small percentage, why would it only in this scenario. It's impossible with the legal definition of health.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join