It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you wonder why we think the left is nuts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe I don't remember.

That's not what I said though is it? Up to a certain point the development of all embryos is the same, so surely what sets us apart from pigs must happen after birth.

You're talking about ontology recapitulating phylogeny.

Which has been debunked.

Science!

Keep up!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

If you could kindly explain what on Earth are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This proposal absolutely horrifies me. I might be a bit biased having 6 kids and 4 grandchildren but:

To me there is no difference between aborting a child in the 3rd trimester and walking into a hospital nursery full of new born babies and slitting their throats.

The whole "what about the life of the mother" argument is null and void in this day and age where a C Section can remove the child safely, while keeping the mother alive. The child could then go to a home of parents desperately wanting to have children but can not.

IE: No one has to die or be murdered.

And to me there is no difference between murder and aborting in the 3rd trimester.

Irony: Liberals desperately worried that having Cavanaugh on the bench of the SC would cause Roe vs Wade be revisited.......and yet one of their own, the governor of New York may well cause that very thing to happen as I can see this being brought to the SCOTUS.

:clapping: great job guys. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Show me. It all starts with sperms and eggs and cell division. Has that changed?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
weird things happening

edit on 26-1-2019 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But you rather make this about the ownership of something and someone elses body than letting someone decide for themselves.

What makes a womans 'right' to choose more GD important than my own?

Hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
You obviously are buying into the conservative rhetoric without doing a bit of reading. Of course having children and grandchildren is going to sway you. You can't imagine a life without them. Personal feelings have NOTHING to do with what this bill is about.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But you rather make this about the ownership of something and someone elses body than letting someone decide for themselves.

What makes a womans 'right' to choose more GD important than my own?

Hypocrites.

If it's affecting her life, why wouldn't it??

If you were dying of cancer and they could let you live by removing the tumour, you would want strangers making that decision for you?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The whole "what about the life of the mother" argument is null and void in this day and age where a C Section can remove the child safely, while keeping the mother alive. The child could then go to a home of parents desperately wanting to have children but can not.

Again, late term abortions are never done because the baby mama had a fight with da baby daddy! Late term abortions are never performed because the mother changes her mind. They are always done to save the live of the mother. If the fetus is suffering from dire abnormalities it can threaten the mother's health causing stroke, sepsis, heart failure, liver failure, etc., If the fetus is viable, can be saved, a C-Section is performed. If the fetus is NOT viable, an abortion is performed.

It's against the law in every US state to abort a viable fetus, even in New York under this new law.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Just quit while your behind.

CIVIL LIBERTY doesn't work part of the time.

Treat abortion the same way you do firearms.

Background checks.

AGE RESTRICTIONS.

Mandatory waiting periods.

Safety classes.

No bones about it.

Abortion IS MURDER.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

...Broad definition of health

The Court's opinion in Doe v. Bolton stated that a woman may obtain an abortion after viability, if necessary to protect her health. The Court defined "health" as follows:

Whether, in the words of the Georgia statute, "an abortion is necessary" is a professional judgment that the Georgia physician will be called upon to make routinely. We agree with the District Court, 319 F. Supp., at 1058, that the medical judgment may be exercised in the light of all factors - physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age - relevant to the well-being of the patient. All these factors may relate to health.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm about half pro choice until Democrats start celebrating later term abortion then I start looking at them as murderers.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Show me. It all starts with sperms and eggs and cell division. Has that changed?

A human embryo will develop into a human.

A human embryo will never become a pig.

Jesus people! Take a biology course!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

A human embryo will develop into a human

They think were just hatched.

That clump of cells doesn't turn in to a living person.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I know genetically it's different but you can't see that for quite some time while it develops. Jesus don't be so stupid. Life is life and to claim the mother should die because she is bearing a clum of cells is pure insanity. "Life is precious and needs to be preserved", ha say that while blood drips out of your steak you hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

DOE v. BOLTON(1973)
The Court for the most part sustains this position: During the period prior to the time the fetus becomes viable, the Constitution of the United States values the convenience, whim, or caprice of the putative mother more than the life or potential life of the fetus; the Constitution, therefore, guarantees the right to an abortion as against any state law or policy seeking to protect the fetus from an abortion not prompted by more compelling reasons of the mother.
caselaw.findlaw.com...

Again, this is simply restating and clairfying Roe V Wade.

link   

originally posted by: superman2012
You obviously are buying into the conservative rhetoric without doing a bit of reading. Of course having children and grandchildren is going to sway you. You can't imagine a life without them. Personal feelings have NOTHING to do with what this bill is about.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've read the bill, and yes, I'm horrified by it.

I simply can not advocate murder of a human being. I'm even against the death penalty.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   

So? I still don't get what your point is?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

But to kill the mother is fine? Have you ever even thought what type of person it would develop to? "You killed your mother at birth" surely leaves a mark...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They think were just hatched.

I think that's what you think. You must think women just have to "sit" on their eggs for nine months and POOF! A baby!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join