It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you wonder why we think the left is nuts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I believe this was meant to protect the mothers life.

There are some that would want a mother to carry a child that died in the womb to full term. There are some that decide to only look at this from a narrow viewpoint. There are some that will focus on a non-Dr doing these without realizing exactly what "scope of practice" means. There are some that will assume that anyone can march in and have an abortion the day before they give birth without realizing that it is when there is an absence of fetus viability and/or the patients life is in danger. There are some that will look down on this without realizing this was done to protect Roe V Wade which might be overturned in the Supreme Court. There are some that will think that because it isn't a criminal code anymore that a person that harms a woman and child while the mother is pregnant, won't be punished.

As you can see, and I'm sure you've read the actual Bill, there is nothing in there that is much different from the previous laws. Laws that were put in place BEFORE Roe V Wade, leading the way for reproductive health.

I don't get why Conservatives believe everything they read/are told to fear without doing some actual thinking and reading. Why is there such a fear mindset with Conservatives? Yes, it is fear. There are studies done.

Have I justified it, or just put facts out there showing that nothing has really changed? I think I've shown facts, there's no need to justify something that was there, and working, before.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

you can't abort a baby who is dead. If a baby dies in the womb, they don't smash the body into bits and let it flush out, they do surgery, especially when it's full term. Are you sure you aren't trying to justify this?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Imo (which could be wrong) a child/human (generally) should have automatic rights from the time the heart starts beating.

I do understand there are certain and legitimate circumstances that can challenge this, but it's what I personally feel.

Good post 👍🏻

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Like I stated in the other thread, I'm solid in my stance on abortion.

It is basically slavery. It is the complete denial of individual rights for the unborn child.

But people will justify anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: superman2012

you can't abort a baby who is dead. If a baby dies in the womb, they don't smash the body into bits and let it flush out, they do surgery, especially when it's full term. Are you sure you aren't trying to justify this?

Focus on semantics instead of the actual issue? OkUnviable Pregnancy
Having an abortion would be less invasive on the mother, thereby not putting her health in danger AND costing less money.

Not trying to justify, just trying to kill some fear. Sorry about confusing you with my wording earlier.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Is it really a surprise though?

This is the same crew pushing for the sexualization of 8 year olds by way of transgenderism thus paving the way for acceptance of pedophilia.

These people are sick in the head.

You don't happen to be a televangelist do you? They happen to believe that teaching kids about transgender people, it is "devilution" not a typo, not a mispronunciation of 'de-evolution' just "devilution" insinuating teaching kids about the LGBT folk is the work of the devil-now who's sick in the head?

These folk are real, and they aren't going away, and I severely doubt that teachers are condoning pedophilia-that's the job of the Catholic church.

'Same sex marriage and being transgender is wrong, now excuse me there is an eight year old choir boy I need to molest.'

Game over, press start to continue.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

What if it was a choice between the mother's life and the unborn babies life?

But I would give my life for my any of my children without thought.

But you'll never be put into the position of needing to make that ultimate decision, when it comes to abortion... will you?

Perhaps you are a bit more self involved.

Well, I'll never be a pregnant female, or a certified medical professional. So as far as I'm concerned, the extremely complicated and ultimate decision is none of my business. Nor is it yours or the governments... imo.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Some people live in, way the fluck out there land. You cant see it from where I'm standing because it only exists in really fluck up minds.

My niece just had her baby way early. She had complications that would harm her. The baby weighed 2.5 pounds. The mother is doing fine. They named him Carter. He is a champ. I'm glad he is alive. The medical field can do much more than they could in the past to help the mother and the child live long healthy lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

What if it was a choice between the mother's life and the unborn babies life?

But I would give my life for my any of my children without thought.

But you'll never be put into the position of needing to make that ultimate decision, when it comes to abortion... will you?

Perhaps you are a bit more self involved.

Well, I'll never be a pregnant female, or a certified medical professional. So as far as I'm concerned, the extremely complicated and ultimate decision is none of my business. Nor is it yours or the governments... imo.

and yet, here is a democrat, wanting to put this into law, he is "the government". So explain your disagreement again, I'm having trouble seeing your point.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This state law simply reiterates and reinforces Roe V Wade, should it be overturned. States said that they would do this. Look for similar bills in other states soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I think it will actually slow illegal abortions or at least the numbers will drop.

The law hasnt really changed, as you said, but it does take off emense pressure from the mothers and medical professionals from being hounded by authorities and charged with murder if the woman aborts for good reasons.
edit on 26-1-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
First it was Infanticide, then it was Geriatric Genocide, then it was anyone with an opposing political view...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The government is putting more control and power into the hands of the individual and citizen. How is it a bad thing?

The laws before were far more controlling.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

But to kill the mother is just fine? I don't get the outrage, unless you're vegan and never hunt or kill a fly or anything. Babies are cute and so on but they're not fully developed, they have less awareness and start learning to use their perception which still takes a while to lead to awareness.
Sure it's preferrable to rescue both if possible. Given the choice, on the one hand a blind pooper, no awareness, not functioning on its own in any way and on the other hand a full grown human with relationships, thoughts, a life, ... you kill the full person?
How sick are you?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But to kill the mother is just fine? I don't get the outrage, unless you're vegan and never hunt or kill a fly or anything. Babies are cute and so on but they're not fully developed, they have less awareness and start learning to use their perception which still takes a while to lead to awareness.
Sure it's preferrable to rescue both if possible. Given the choice, on the one hand a blind pooper, no awareness, not functioning on its own in any way and on the other hand a full grown human with relationships, thoughts, a life, ... you kill the full person?
How sick are you?

how sick am I? Kids who are under 15 aren't fully developed in their brains, so are they also expendable? Jesus, look at what you wrote. You need some serious help. This is about kids a #ing day away from birth!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

In this type of case, the late term abortion, they are killing a child that could possibly live on its own. Most certainly could survive in an incubator. I think if a child is able to survive outside the womb, doctors should be required to do that. C sections are pretty routine these days. They could then put the baby up for adoption.

The doctors really should be required to make every effort to save the life not kill it because it's easier.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I used to have this radical idea about ending abortion.

It was teaching people a thing called, "Personal Responsibility".

It was about making decisions about intercourse and potential ramifications of such an act. It was about taking responsibility for their actions, instead of abdicating responsibility.

But responsibility is hard.

It's too much for weak people I suppose.

So the option to simply kill babies is easier than taking responsibility for actions.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
An embryo is not a child. You have to raise your grandson? Sounds like you did a bang up job raising your own spawn. Not surprising. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's due to the open subjectivity of health. Pregnancy is a life contract, with any contractual obligation there are risks. Let's not forget these are the most innocent of beings that come into this world, the one thing everyone should beable to agree to protect with their lives, which can now be wiped out by the mothers feelz.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The government is putting more control and power into the hands of the individual and citizen

Then how come I can't own a new machine gun, and buy one without asking the state's permission.

Putting more power in the hands of the individual eh.

What a GD lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join